DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions/Theories Answered or New Tidbits Added (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

I am predicting Rand, Alivia and Lanfear/Cyndane. Until there is any good proof of someone else, I am gonna hold to this. Alivia has to help Rand die. Lanfear/Cyndane would not still be around if she was not of utmost importance to something that was coming. I do think that Nynaeve might replace one of the above women, but I doubt it, I think she and Damer Flynn may have to do something together with Healing.

-----

I also think that the Dark Prophecy actually is Prophecy and not just lies. We have seen a LOT of it confirmed already.

Death reaps and death sows, I believe have bot been fulfilled. Death sows was fulfilled when Rand was stabbed by Ishy in the skies over Falme. The later balefire link could also be the fulfilling of this. Death reaps is Rand touching the TP.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

ITs to early to tell which of the '3' they are talking about...

Heres my bets.

The 3 major Ta'varen. (Rand/Mat/Perrin)

The 3 Major factions of the world. Seanchan/Dragonsworn/Aes Sedia (Aka, Seanchan/WT (pro women)/BT (pro men) or, Non-magic/Female magic/Male Magic all working together)

The Calandor Theory...

OF course, there is a '4th' possibility.

those 3, are the 3, becoming 1. ;)

As for the two becoming one, that is obviously completed as Rand + Lewis Therin are now 1 person. We saw them merging more and more, specially after he killed Semi(or did he! :P) He started recalling memories, without his lil voice in his head telling him about it.

I believe that that 'voice' of lewis therin was both real, and imaginary.

Someone said that in the 'ogier prophecy', they mentioned that rand was supposed to have memories of his past lives, and he didn't.

So the simpleist explanation is through the same link mat had through the 'old blood' (so to speak).

In time, rand should have remembered more and more about the past, which we kinda actually DO see through the first few novels.. (like him instinctively channeling even though NO MAN has actually 'channeled' in 2000+ years.) When Elida had him thrown in the box though, To me that broke rands psyhe, forcing those memories to gather together, and form a new pysche, with everything that lewis therin knew. IE, in moder psychology, rand would be quite insane hearing another person voice. But in this case, it was both real and fake.

The memories were real, they were from the past. Lewis Therins own emotions/personality was there. But rand had 'seperated' himself from his past life, so it was like 'split personality', only different. After rand finally tipped the scale and realized what he was doing, its obvious that he broke down that final wall, and destroyed lewis therin. (Didn't min say that one will live, and one will die?)

Most of the prophecies rands completed now pretty much were 'straight up, right in the face'. The last one about the 'begger/staff/blind/ect' was far more metaphorical. With this in mind we really, really have to look at more of the unsolved? prophecies in the books through a metaphorical angle.

DO's Prison.

Lewis Therin basically said

"You can't defeat the DO through brute force"

Talking about how him and the 100 other men sealed the DO', and the women wanted to build the choden kal to 'destroy' the DO.

Aka, Women were using Brute Force, Men were using something that wasn't 'brute force'. (I call this Irony ;) )

Last but not least.

I believe that the whole 'to live you must die', has been asnwered by Lewis Therin/Tam.

Death/Rebirth is there '2nd chance'. Rand has to die, to kill Moridin. All 3 ta'varen have to be at shayol Gul, possibly the song involved, and a few other things to finally seal the prison. But Moridin Definately hast to die.

Death is going to be How Rand can 'live again'.

Be it via the horn, or through his children, but I do not believe rand is going to 'live happily ever after'. ;)

like him instinctively channeling even though NO MAN has actually 'channeled' in 2000+ years.)

Ummm...What? Plenty of false dragons channelled before. And what were Red Ajah doing? Precicely. Gentling men who were channeling. Were red ajah AS just sitting around on a holiday last 2000+ years?-) Must be reason they are biggest ajah then! Join red ajah and you are quaranteed of not having to DO anything ;-)

I can think of alot of possibilities such as various other channelers that may be linked with Rand such as his Wives, Moriane, Nynaeve, Egwene, etc. Various other AM may also be one of the three or this sword could have been in three parts and is now whole in his hand if it isn't Callandor. Remember way back when Egwene was doing a major need for Rand and she appeared in a store room in the Tower? That could be the Horn Valere I suppose though.

It's just too early to say what those three are but I think that scholar was way off saying it was thee kingdoms.

like him instinctively channeling even though NO MAN has actually 'channeled' in 2000+ years.)

Ummm...What? Plenty of false dragons channelled before. And what were Red Ajah doing? Precicely. Gentling men who were channeling. Were red ajah AS just sitting around on a holiday last 2000+ years?-) Must be reason they are biggest ajah then! Join red ajah and you are quaranteed of not having to DO anything ;-)

Channel, yes but actually doing something with it? Not so common.

Theres shit rand does in the books, completely untrained.

Do you think Logain had anywhere near rands level of 'progress', '1 year later'?

Rand did it all virtually unaided (till Asmodean).

Those had to have come from 'old memories', that rand started to develop.

Besides, the Red Ajah found and gentled men before they could really DO anything with the power.

What happens if any channeler tries to weave and fails at it?

Very bad things. Thats what happens. (generally resulting in there own death)

I thought the discussion of the 3 being one with Callandor was pretty straightforward that Rand and 2 women would be accessing Saidin/Saidar, but Rand would also pull the true power through Moridin via that funky link he can now access, thereby using all 3 powers as one to seal the bore.

There was a mention by LTT that the seals failed because they needed a "buffer" that the DO could not taint.  What better than the true power as a buffer (i.e. use his own power against him) while one of the women in the circle heals the bore using saidin/saidar.

All the other 3 as one explanations don't really have a reason to have Rand/Callandor there and this is the first potential solution I have seen to "how do you seal the bore without the dark one tainting it like he did in the AOL"

Or, it could just be him making a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich and using callandor to slice it, thereby turning the 3 separate ingredients into one delicious sandwich.

I thought the discussion of the 3 being one with Callandor was pretty straightforward that Rand and 2 women would be accessing Saidin/Saidar, but Rand would also pull the true power through Moridin via that funky link he can now access, thereby using all 3 powers as one to seal the bore.

As proven with the begger prophecy, it was metaphorical, this could be to. And thats 'only' what cads/min are discussing. It could be reffering to the nations (Theres already that ONE where rand has to unite the east/west together, and the north?) The 3 major factions, non magic/female magic/male magic into one against evil. or the 3 ta'varen. Hell it could even reffer to rand/lewis/moridin. (doubtful)

There was a mention by LTT that the seals failed because they needed a "buffer" that the DO could not taint.  What better than the true power as a buffer (i.e. use his own power against him) while one of the women in the circle heals the bore using saidin/saidar.

Won't work. The TP IS The DO. Just as Saidan/Sadar is the CREATOR. Only the DO says 'who can and can't' use his power. All the DO has to do, to screw that 'plan up' is to deny Moridin use of his power. If the DO suspects the TP is being used to seal his prison, he'll simply deny it use.

I believe the key is Saidan/Sadar/Singing/and the 3 most powerful Ta'varen (that already warp the pattern)

All the other 3 as one explanations don't really have a reason to have Rand/Callandor there and this is the first potential solution I have seen to "how do you seal the bore without the dark one tainting it like he did in the AOL

The bore was only sealed with saidan, not sadar. Thats like using 'half' of the power of 'light' to destroy the full power of darkness. All you'll get is Gray.. dark gray.

Put up both, and they may very well destroy each other.

And hey, if it drives both males/females insane... Well they got sul'dam don't they? :P

Or, it could just be him making a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich and using callandor to slice it, thereby turning the 3 separate ingredients into one delicious sandwich.

Bela, Padan Fain, and Shadar Haren are going to merge into one super horse/evil/evilness thing to destroy the dark one. Because the DO killed Shadar Haren's little sister/wife/mother. And Padan Fain just wanted to be in a 3-some like Rand.

I'm rather intrigued by a comment made by Lews Therin in the Heart of the Stone: "No, our first failure happened here.  In this hallway."  Ok so either he's talking about trying to resuscitate that little girl, or something happened a long time ago in the Stone.  Did they try sealing the prison once in the Heart?  and why was Callandor, apparently the tool Rand needs to seal the DO's prison placed there?  It seems like a random place to put such an important device

The Stone wasn't made until after the War of Power. It was made sometime during or after the Breaking of the World. Callandor was also placed there during the Breaking with its special wards because it was the safest place to keep it from the hands of mad male channelers.

Questions theorieds answered...Rand beggar prophecy and blind Rand as stated above, metaphorical, but has now been fulfilled.

New tidbit...with Rand being integrated with LTT and the many prior lives of the Dragon...will he remember these memories, and be conversant in them now, I believe he will, as he was already including more and more of LTT's memories in his every day speech leading up to this.

3. Final proof that the man in Shadar Logoth was indeed Moridin. I swear if I'd had someone say 'you don't know that for sure' even just one more time I would have killed them!

but but but you dont know that for sure !!!! (sorry had to be done...) ;D

put to rest that rand was indeed suffering madness and LTT wasnt really in his head.

Ah, the LTT persona was most certainly real. The rebirth of the Dragon acted almost like a split-presonality deal for Rand. The reincarnation took on the appearance of a voice in Rand's head because how else was it going to happen? If RJ had just dumped all of LTT's memories into Rand then the poor lad really would have gone insane. The most obvious reason for the LTT voice to have been real was the information that it had. Yes, I understand that all of those memories were contained within Rand's mind itself, rather than LTT's (their being one and the same person.) but this doesn't make the voice any less real.

On Verin:

Very well done.  I am embarrassed that I wasn't strong enough to maintain categorically that she was Black Ajah.  I swayed to say that it didn't seem to me that she was bound by the oath rod.  I also said that, for reasons of her own, she was not Black Ajah, but was working to advance the cause of the Dark.  If I could think that, why couldn't I have reversed it and thought that she was Black, but working for the light?  How can one unfetter one's mind, to think that one step further?

In my defense, many of you put up wonderful, rational, reasoned arguments about how she couldn't be Black Ajah.  I won't let you confuse me with the facts again!

Admittedly LTT says something to the effect that the Dark One can't be killed with sheer power. But is it not still an incredibly stupid move for Rand to destroy the Choedan Kal?  I mean, there are still Forsaken on the loose, and the female one still exists.  What if Mesaana finds another female access key tomorrow?  What do you guys think, is there any reason this is a good move?

It is a good move because, with that much power, Rand could do anything, and he wasn't thinking about the repercussions of his actions. The CK was simply to dangers to use, Not unstably so, but the power is to great for one person to have. LTT has said this, and the last battle wont be won by sheer power as you put it. And there were only 2 access keys anyway, and the CK themselves are destroyed so no one can use them now.

Rodel Ituralde met Thom Merrilin when the latter was court bard in Caemlyn.

Min has been reading Herid Fel's books because she thinks she can figure out what he was working on for Rand.

The True Power can melt/destroy cuendillar (ala the Domination Band).

The way to reverse compulsion is by weaving anti-compulsion. :P

The revised glossary was interesting, with the Domani politics & Seanchan Blood details. 

The True Power can melt/destroy cuendillar (ala the Domination Band).

Was it confirmed the copies were in fact cuendillar? You recall the discussion from the FAQ board? It may be that the damane duplicated the effect of the ter'angreal without exactly reproducing the ter'angreal itself. After all the cuendillar may have nothing to do with the ter'angrealiness.

On the other hand we already knew the Dark One's power could break cuendillar--recall the seals.

The way to reverse compulsion is by weaving anti-compulsion.

That kind of struck me as a cheap cop out. Also it defies what Verin thought about compulsion in the tPoD prologue.

The revised glossary was interesting, with the Domani politics & Seanchan Blood details. 

Ooh! Didn't read. Will do so now.

As proven with the begger prophecy, it was metaphorical, this could be to.

That's not really proven--its argument that it may have been fulfilled. We'll have to wait and see.

Is there a reason everyone here is just assuming as proven that Rand accessed the True Power through his link with Moridin? There is no evidence of this at all. And judging from Semirhage's response, I'd say the more likely answer is that the Dark One set up the entire event (since Shaidar Haran freed Semi) simply to put Rand in a position of desperation where he would seize the True Power if it were available to him, and then made it available to him. Likely in an attempt to corrupt him - notice Lews Therin's response.

I find it funny that with the extreme conspiracy theories some people here espouse (in some cases saying the book was wrong and their theories are right), people are just assuming this giant conjecture as fact.

Is there a reason everyone here is just assuming as proven that Rand accessed the True Power through his link with Moridin? There is no evidence of this at all. And judging from Semirhage's response, I'd say the more likely answer is that the Dark One set up the entire event (since Shaidar Haran freed Semi) simply to put Rand in a position of desperation where he would seize the True Power if it were available to him, and then made it available to him. Likely in an attempt to corrupt him - notice Lews Therin's response.

I find it funny that with the extreme conspiracy theories some people here espouse (in some cases saying the book was wrong and their theories are right), people are just assuming this giant conjecture as fact.

We assume it because Rand saw a blurry face (i.e: Moridin) right before seizing the True Power.

What would be the point of that if it had nothing to do with Moridin?

First people accuse others for assuming that it was the DO that gave Rand the TP. There's really only two places Rand could have gotten it, either straight from the DO or through the link to Moridin. I think now it makes more sense to have come from the Moridin link but either option is plausible.

I won't let you confuse me with the facts again!
Why should you be the only one? Of course, seeing where we went wrong with Verin, should we take another look at Sammael for Asmo's killer? After all, he said he didn't know, but he didn't think it....!

I mean, there are still Forsaken on the loose, and the female one still exists. What if Mesaana finds another female access key tomorrow?
The female Choedan Kal was destroyed. It left a big crater on Tremalking.

The reason Jahar Narishma had trouble getting at callandor is the forsaken added weaves to it. Callandor is also missing.... When rand shows the box to cadsuane its empty Rand had the Choedan Kal and who has Callandor? we don't know.......... either Rand or Shador Hadin... Its way important and i think the DO wanted it...

I've never been much into pursuing theories by researching my way through the series, but I always (after TPoD at least) believed that Narishma had a huge part to play as the one who would follow after (though I had trouble resolving Narishma/Logain, since I originally thought Logain would grab it - I was blown away, in a sort of anticlimactic way, when a soggy and sorry Narishma showed up with it in TPoD).

Now it seems that it will be of huge significance for Rand again, after the Choedan Kal made it seem irrelevant (at least as irrelevant as the second most powerful male sa'angreal can be). So for me, after TGS, I guess Callandor has been thrust back into prominence and balance has been restored to the force, i.e. the most powerful weapon now available needs men and women working together. And RJ always seemed to like balance.

I was also under the impression that the reason Narishma had trouble was because slightly crazy Rand sold him out, in a sense. It was after all in the midst of his LTT 'Kill them all, kill them all' phase wasn't it?

Incidentally, is the power order Rand > Narishma > Logain or Logain > Narishma?

I'm not sure where Callandor is, though I assumed it's somewhere safe after Narishma, Merise and Elza (who was running the show) used it to blow up a Forsaken. However with Elza being black and possibly knowing where it was put, I'm not so sure.

EDIT - I didn't think it was with the collar and the access key in Cadsuane's room.

2nd EDIT - Logain with two Aes Sedai bonded to him just screamed Callandor to me, and still sort of does. I actually think that's more obvious than trying to determine from a list of about ten candidates who would use it with Rand. Narishma still has Merise but there's no obvious second.

I just remember there being a big deal made over Narishma's strength when he first showed up, and wasn't there a point where Merise was telling Cadsuane (IIRC) that his strength was still growing unpredictably or some such?

Still Logain > Narishma makes sense to me, though it seems that straight up one on one power battles are a thing of the past - channelers seem to move in packs or go into fights with an ace (or a Choedan Kal access key) up their sleaves.

Archived