DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions/Theories Answered or New Tidbits Added (Full Book Spoilers)

Luckers

Ok so we gain answers to some old questions in this book (I actually recall thinking that it seemed Brandon was trying to give us answers), so this threads for that. What of your old questions were answered, what new tidbits clarified an old theory for you?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, lets get the obvious ones out of the way.

1. Verin.

2. Sheriam and her abuser.

Now the ones I can remember off the top of my head are...

1. Damane can't link. I remember this has been discussed a fair few times, so it's good to have a total conclusion on it.

2. The Ajah Heads--they were using the too-young sitter conspiracy, not to help unify the Tower, but to get power and authority in there own hands. Never expected that.

3. Final proof that the man in Shadar Logoth was indeed Moridin. I swear if I'd had someone say 'you don't know that for sure' even just one more time I would have killed them!

So what'd you guys catch?

3. Final proof that the man in Shadar Logoth was indeed Moridin. I swear if I'd had someone say 'you don't know that for sure' even just one more time I would have killed them!

And to add to that, even the most stubborn must now realise that it has been proven once and for all that Moridin is Ishamael recycled.

Not as common as "the man in SL may have been someone other than Moridin", but it has popped up every now and then.

but but but you dont know that for sure !!!! (sorry had to be done...) ;D

put to rest that rand was indeed suffering madness and LTT wasnt really in his head.

Oh, one I really liked...

Leane is not BA.

Someone thought she might be?

Lol. Someone's thought everything at one stage or another.

This brings up something that surprised me. Lelaine's not black. And I was so certain she would be too!

but but but you dont know that for sure !!!! (sorry had to be done...) ;D

put to rest that rand was indeed suffering madness and LTT wasnt really in his head.

wotjunkie, just out of curiosity, where do you live? I was thinking I might send you a little present. Nothing big, just a token of my reguard.

Also were you saying that its now certain LTT wasn't real? Coz he WAS real. A result of madness, of course, but it was his manifest personality.

Leane is not BA.

This brings up something that surprised me. Lelaine's not black. And I was so certain she would be too!

And Leane was at least for a while a quite popular suspect.

I was convinced by KOD that Lelaine was not BA, her motives for questionable acts became quite clear there, during her chat with Siuan.

And to add to that, even the most stubborn must now realise that it has been proven once and for all that Moridin is Ishamael recycled.

Not as common as "the man in SL may have been someone other than Moridin", but it has popped up every now and then.

Yeah, I never understood that.  Some guy shows up in Shadar Logoth and starts weilding the True Power and somehow its not Moridin?!!!  Honestly, does everything need to be spelled out to these people?

Leane is not BA.

I was convinced by KOD that Lelaine was not BA, her motives for questionable acts became quite clear there, during her chat with Siuan.

Oi! Lelaine was fairly popular! You take your little Leane and buzz off!

*gathers his injured pride and stalks off*

Oh, another one answered, Egwene specifically considers the issue of whether using gateways as methods of aiding soldiers in attacking would qualify as 'using the power to make a weapon for one man to kill another' and decides that there is just enough wiggle room.

Although I wonder if that will hold true--Aes Sedai makes the gateway, soldier jumps through and beheads someone in front of her and she goes 'Oh, right...' and the gateway winks out.

The theory about trollocs not being able to go through gateways is confirmed.  I'm not as knowledgeable about the minutia as most, but I think there was some question about that.  Which makes me wonder, of course, how Semirhage gets the trollocs to that palace attack in time...

The theory about trollocs not being able to go through gateways is confirmed.  I'm not as knowledgeable about the minutia as most, but I think there was some question about that.  Which makes me wonder, of course, how Semirhage gets the trollocs to that palace attack in time...

We knew it anyway from RJ's comment, but I must have missed where it got confirmed in tGS. Could you direct me to it? Also which Trollocs in which palace? The attack on the Stone?

We knew it anyway from RJ's comment, but I must have missed where it got confirmed in tGS. Could you direct me to it? Also which Trollocs in which palace? The attack on the Stone?

As you can see, my grasp of exactly where things happen in books is poor...but the trolloc thing was confirmed when rand started making deathgates........although come to think of it, that may have happened in the last book.....oops

As you can see, my grasp of exactly where things happen in books is poor...but the trolloc thing was confirmed when rand started making deathgates........although come to think of it, that may have happened in the last book.....oops

Yeah it was confirmed in KoD and then again for good measure in TGS.  In TGS it happened when Rand was thinking about Trollocs coming out of the Blight and overrunning Lan.

Leane is not BA.

Oi! Lelaine was fairly popular! You take your little Leane and buzz off!

*gathers his injured pride and stalks off*

Oh, another one answered, Egwene specifically considers the issue of whether using gateways as methods of aiding soldiers in attacking would qualify as 'using the power to make a weapon for one man to kill another' and decides that there is just enough wiggle room.

Although I wonder if that will hold true--Aes Sedai makes the gateway, soldier jumps through and beheads someone in front of her and she goes 'Oh, right...' and the gateway winks out.

Leane was once a popular suspect for being the identity of Mesaana...  Because Mesaana looked like her.  I for one disagreed.  But then, I didn't expect Moria and Dagdara to be BA either.

Here's a different one.  Many people seem to think that this prophecy is basically fulfilled:

Into the heart he thrusts his sword,

into the heart, to hold their hearts.

Who draws it out shall follow after,

What hand can grasp that fearful blade?

I think the apparent consensus is that 'who draws it out shall follow after' means Jahar Narishma, since he retrieved Callandor for Rand that one time, although what 'shall follow after' means is still confusing.  I think that this is false.  Remember when Narishma actually gets the sword, he claims that Rand didn't tell him about all the weaves protecting it or something like that (not sure which book/page).  I think this is a clue that someone else drew out Callandor before Narishma, and that that is the person who shall follow after.

So who was it?  Maybe this was Logain, because Min's viewing indicates he will be important after Rand.  But my real guess is that it was Moridin.  He maybe drew it out but then realized that it didn't work with the True Power, so it wouldn't be that useful to him, and so he returned it.  Although weaving the One Power hurts him, he might still be able to do it in small amounts.  And when he put it back he didn't make the weaves exactly right.  So the question is, what's this about him following after?  Well, what if this ties into the whole 'he shall hold a blade of light in his hands, and the three shall be as one'  prophecy.  I think that in the next book, or maybe the last, we'll see that scene again, but through Moridin's POV, and we'll learn that Rand's personality is now merging into him as well somehow.........(don't ask me how).  Rand has used up his body, and with the Last Battle his body will break, much as the world with be broken again.  But Rand's personality will be merged into Moridin, who will return to the light as a result, and live on...or follow after.

OK, now that I look at all that it's pretty flimsy.....

Also, bodyswap is looking unlikely thank the Light.  Not sure how I feel about the possibility of a merge though.  I don't think Veins of Gold rules it out.  I just want Rand to stay Rand dammit.

What part made you think it was looking unlikely? I'm actually doing an overhall on the bodyswap based on the increased likelyhood following tGS. But that'll be a while in coming so lets not get distracted--you can yell at me for why its not more likely when I post.  ;D

That being said merge is once more proven unlikely--we see the link grow to such strength that it pulls Rand's soul to meeting Moridin's in TAR through his wardings, yet they remain utterly distinct from each other. Whatever the power or nature of the conection between them it is not causing them to merge.

Remember when Narishma actually gets the sword, he claims that Rand didn't tell him about all the weaves protecting it or something like that (not sure which book/page).  I think this is a clue that someone else drew out Callandor before Narishma, and that that is the person who shall follow after.

He says Rand didn't tell him all the details and that it nearly killed him to get the blade.

Remember when Narishma actually gets the sword, he claims that Rand didn't tell him about all the weaves protecting it or something like that (not sure which book/page).  I think this is a clue that someone else drew out Callandor before Narishma, and that that is the person who shall follow after.

He says Rand didn't tell him all the details and that it nearly killed him to get the blade.

Right, and yet Rand is confident that he did give him all the details.

Archived