DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Non-Spoiler questions for Jason after his review

ajfurst

• Administrator

>>> Jason, does Brandon make use of the following actions: sniffing, snorting, folding arms beneath breasts, braid tugging, smoothing skirts? It would be odd if they were wholly absent.

RE: You know, I honestly don't remember.  I think we get at least one braid yank. (Fine... There's a tiny itty bitty spoiler for you loyal DM fans. Nynaeve is in the book)  :P

>>> Which character did you feel Brandon was best able to capture the voice of (provided you don't think telling us this character is in the book counts as a spoiler)?

RE: Personally,  I thought he did the best with Rand, Egwene, Cadsuane, and Nynaeve.  When the book is out, I want to know who YOU guys think he did the best with!

>> Do we hear any new outlandish insults from Mat or Brigitte (e.g.:  "Mother's milk in a cup"), inquiring minds (mine) want to know, thanks!

Re: Yes. I can think of one offhand.

>>>I  am curious, and I just mean this in a general sense so I don't think it counts as spoilers, but does The Gathering Storm keep the break neck speed of Knife of Dreams...where it feels like we are rushing towards the end? Or with two more books coming out does it feel like the pace has slowed down to a point where we're buiding to one final climb to Tarmon Gaiden?

Re:  It's about as "fast" as KoD, but far more intense and dramatic. Lots of dark scenes. And I don't just mean things with the Shadow. There's a lot of good tension. Especially in the second half of the book.

>> Would Jason be allowed to tell us what the Prologue is called? or the Epilogue?

Re: No he is not. The prologue's title has the word "Storm" in it.  And the epilogue left me with goosebumps.  I still get them when I think of it.

I'll check this thread every now and then. If you want to hear me talk about the new book, keep an eye out for the next 4th Page Podcast episode where they interview me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What order to you rate all of the WoT books after reading tGS?

Are there any new dreams, prophesies, or viewings?

Are the Forsaken less lame, more lame or have the same lameness as the last books?

Do we see the gholam? trollocs and fades? drakkar?  other shadow spawn?

Does the book have some subtle hints to some information that only readers who pay close attention can notice?  (Example, in WH observant readers noticed that Anath was Semirhage.)  Do you have a theory about one of these that you can't wait to share?

BS has stated that Mat, Perrin, and Elayne will be featured in the book after tGS. We have a pretty good idea about part of what Mat may be doing in book 13, but not Perrin or Elayne.  Does tGS give us any hint at what they may be doing that is so interesting?

• Administrator

Does the book have some subtle hints to some information that only readers who pay close attention can notice?  (Example, in WH observant readers noticed that Anath was Semirhage.)  Do you have a theory about one of these that you can't wait to share?

YES!

There is a fairly small mystery that gets introduced into this book. (No, it's not another murder mystery).  Actually, it's not even a mystery for the characters. Its just something that makes you wonder "Wait a second, what's this all about?"  I asked Brandon about it and he was very mysterious on his answer.  Then, eventually, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have an awesome theory and I want to see how many other people pick up on it. I'm certain it will make it into the WoTFAQ.

Can't wait for you guys to read it.  (Hint: the "mystery" is introduced in a Nynaeve POV chapter, I think. I have not double-checked that though.)

If she is pregnant, than Lan is so dead:(

if all the strong channeller end up pregnant and can't channel for the last battle we have a problem :-?

But I guess Jason would be sure that this would be in her POV - and wouldn't have to check...so I guess it's something else.

Anajon

YES!

There is a fairly small mystery that gets introduced into this book. (No, it's not another murder mystery).  Actually, it's not even a mystery for the characters. Its just something that makes you wonder "Wait a second, what's this all about?"   I asked Brandon about it and he was very mysterious on his answer.  Then, eventually, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have an awesome theory and I want to see how many other people pick up on it. I'm certain it will make it into the WoTFAQ.

Can't wait for you guys to read it.  (Hint: the "mystery" is introduced in a Nynaeve POV chapter, I think. I have not double-checked that though.)

These subtle hints, would you call them "clues"?

Posts deleted. If you'd like to have a conversation with your fellow posters regarding who sucks more, the appropriate place for that is PM.

Zaphod, since you mentioned you're new to forums, I'm going to give you some friendly advice: Lurk. I'm not sure exactly what you've done to make everyone so crazy, but since you're new at this, it might be a good idea to hang back and read for a few days to get a feel for the culture of this forum. Thanks.

It was in the Writ of the Staircase trailer. Jordan said that all great southern literature has to have dead mules and unfortunately he hasn't been able to work any dead mules into WoT yet so he said he'd bring them into AMoL, and then Brandon said that there would be dead mules. So now I'm asking if they're in this book or one of the next.

Okay I keep hearing the term dead mules but I cant figure it out! What is meant by it?
Well, it means mules, that is a hybrid of a horse and donkey, that are dead. They aren't just stunned, they are demised, they've passed on. These mules are no more, they have ceased to be. They've expired and gone to meet their maker, they are late mules. They're stiffs. Bereft of life they rest in peace, if they weren't nailed to their perches they would be pushing up the daisies. These are ex-mules.

Okay I keep hearing the term dead mules but I cant figure it out! What is meant by it?
Well, it means mules, that is a hybrid of a horse and donkey, that are dead. They aren't just stunned, they are demised, they've passed on. These mules are no more, they have ceased to be. They've expired and gone to meet their maker, they are late mules. They're stiffs. Bereft of life they rest in peace, if they weren't nailed to their perches they would be pushing up the daisies. These are ex-mules.

Funny so-and-so! So the term dead mule isnt some writers term for anything else then.

Not everyone wants to read it before the book is out. And this thread has Non-Spoiler in the title which would hint to keep spoilers out of it. And there are threads being opened on stuff from the 1st chapter without a note for TGS spoilers in the title.  Spoilers are everywhere already. Fault me if you want for checking this thread again but I at least expected nothing plot related to appear in this one. Am I expecting too much?

Edited to remove the stuff you had a problem with causing problems for others.

I always wondered if Tam's sword wasn't Lews Therin's. Lan indicates (at the start of TGH) that heron-marked power wrought swords are rare and were the weapons given to generals in the war of power, which would suggest that there is a very finite list of people that could have owned it. Though I'm not sure, did Lamen's blade have a Heron on it too (that was power-wrought as well, I recall, possibly...)?

I always wondered if Tam's sword wasn't Lews Therin's. Lan indicates (at the start of TGH) that heron-marked power wrought swords are rare and were the weapons given to generals in the war of power, which would suggest that there is a very finite list of people that could have owned it. Though I'm not sure, did Lamen's blade have a Heron on it too (that was power-wrought as well, I recall, possibly...)?

Laman's was, since Rand didn't realize what it was until he drew it and saw the quality of the blade itself.

Archived