DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Non-Spoiler questions for Jason after his review

ajfurst

Obviously any questions that are real spoilers won't be answered, but I've got a few which shouldn't stretch any agreement not to reveal the story details.

1. Given it was an advanced reading copy of some sort, can you give us any indication of the length of the book? Does it end up longer or shorter then KOD?

2. Are there any new POV's? Note I'm not asking who, what they say/think or any details about the POV.

3. Any new chapter icons? (or didn't those make it in yet?).

4. How large was the prologue in relation to the rest of the book? 20%, 25%, more, less? (In the increasingly forlorn hope it's released as an e-book).

Thanks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without any hints on which, are there any major plots from previous books resolved in TGS?

Can we expect answers to any of the series' many ongoing unanswered questions? Again, just fishing for Yes or No. Im not thinking of Asmodean here, but things like how Slayer became the way he did, where Demandred has been, etc.

1. Given it was an advanced reading copy of some sort, can you give us any indication of the length of the book? Does it end up longer or shorter then KOD?

According to Brandon, the final manuscript is around 300,000 words long. You can see for yourself how this word count relates to other books in the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time#Books_in_the_series

As for the page count, I'd like to know it too. According to Amazon, the book is going to be 784 pages long. Does anybody know if it is true or if this figure is made up by Amazon?

Word count to page count is a tricky thing. It depends entirely on font, page parematers, book size, line spacing and so on, and the differences those things cause can mean dramatically different page counts. For instance I have two books, both around 170,000 words, one is 412 pages, the other 598 pages.

Some non-spoiler questions:

Who would win in a fight between Maj and Luckers?

In terms of awesomeness, where does the book fit in the series?

Are there feats of improbable badassery?

Why not?

Who would win in a fight between Jason and Kathana?

Do the Chosen have another meeting?

If yes, what drinks are served?

Do any more rats get killed by Moridin?

Who's more evil, Mr Ares or Shai'tan?

According to Brandon, the final manuscript is around 300,000 words long. You can see for yourself how this word count relates to other books in the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time#Books_in_the_series

As for the page count, I'd like to know it too. According to Amazon, the book is going to be 784 pages long. Does anybody know if it is true or if this figure is made up by Amazon?

Brandon did write this on twitter 20 April "800/1400 pages of edits done. In answer to a question, in this format 1400 pages is around the length of EYE OF THE WORLD or CROWN OF SWORDS". The eye of the world is 670 pages... so TGS will be +100 pages longer :)

Who would win in a fight between Maj and Luckers?

Depends on the rules.

In terms of awesomeness, where does the book fit in the series?

It gives some of the best a good run for it's money. Of course, that is somewhat relative to what you consider "the best in the series".

Are there feats of improbable badassery?

Yes. I hear this book actually reads you.

Why not?

Why ask why not?

Who would win in a fight between Jason and Kathana?

Kathana. She fights dirty.

Do the Chosen have another meeting?

Yes.

If yes, what drinks are served?

Apparently, Ishy had been hiding a stasis box containing drinks from an Age long ago. They were served here. Graendal remarks that the bubbles in Crystal Pepsi made her nose tickle.

Do any more rats get killed by Moridin?

Not until book 13. And only if by rat you mean "Mat".

Who's more evil, Mr Ares or Shai'tan?

Yes.

• Administrator

Without any hints on which, are there any major plots from previous books resolved in TGS?

>> Yes.

Can we expect answers to any of the series' many ongoing unanswered questions? Again, just fishing for Yes or No. Im not thinking of Asmodean here, but things like how Slayer became the way he did, where Demandred has been, etc.

>> Yes.

>> See replies above. The manuscript is around 300k words. Not sure how that compares to others.  In truth guys (keep this as confidential as you can), I did not get a bound ARC or manuscript. I got a whole lot of papers from Kinko's.

2. Are there any new POV's? Note I'm not asking who, what they say/think or any details about the POV.

>> Hmmm. Good question. I think that yes, we do. But I am not 100% certain on that. Most of them are ones we've seen before though.  Brandon has said before that he thought there were 21 different POV's in this book.  Which is A LOT!!!

>> Yes. But I did not see the artwork. It just said "New Icon: Jason's Crown" or whatever. ;-)

4. How large was the prologue in relation to the rest of the book? 20%, 25%, more, less? (In the increasingly forlorn hope it's released as an e-book).

>> Prologue was long. Probably as long as the previous few books.

J

>> Yes.

>> Yes.

>> See replies above. The manuscript is around 300k words. Not sure how that compares to others.  In truth guys (keep this as confidential as you can), I did not get a bound ARC or manuscript. I got a whole lot of papers from Kinko's.

>> Hmmm. Good question. I think that yes, we do. But I am not 100% certain on that. Most of them are ones we've seen before though.  Brandon has said before that he thought there were 21 different POV's in this book.  Which is A LOT!!!

>> Yes. But I did not see the artwork. It just said "New Icon: Jason's Crown" or whatever. ;-)

>> Prologue was long. Probably as long as the previous few books.

J

Jason you legend

What and where is that? Murandy?

Capital of Tarabon.

Where Rand/Graendael/Logain/Aran'gar/Aviendha/Ituralde/... are at the end of KoD.

Is it just me that knows something about WOT geography?? :D

Bandar Eban is the capital of Arad Doman and nothing else. ;)

What and where is that? Murandy?

Capital of Tarabon.

Where Rand/Graendael/Logain/Aran'gar/Aviendha/Ituralde/... are at the end of KoD.

Is it just me that knows something about WOT geography?? :D

Bandar Eban is the capital of Arad Doman and nothing else. ;)

It's more of the WoT world being so huge and massive that I can't keep all the info in my head straight. I mean some stuff just falls off to the way side.

I'm just hoping there is a Forsaken show down in TGS with our hero's.

Archived