DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Non-Spoiler questions for Jason after his review

ajfurst

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't answer plot questions like that, guys. So please don't ask.

"Does Cadsuane shut up at all?"

>> I love her character. I think Brandon wrote her extremely well.

Hehe you knew there would be some.

Yeah, Cadsuanes my second favorite Aes Sedai behind Moiraine. I find it hilarious the way she speaks to Rand.

What and where is that? Murandy?

Capital of Tarabon.

Where Rand/Graendael/Logain/Aran'gar/Aviendha/Ituralde/... are at the end of KoD.

Is it just me that knows something about WOT geography?? :D

Bandar Eban is the capital of Arad Doman and nothing else. ;)

Of course. I always mix up the names of those two countries (if you still wanna call them that).

I'm really glad for that. Cadsuane could so easily become cheesy--that sort of abrasiveness so easily becomes stupidity. For it to work it has to be sharp and without the 'i'm trying to be badass' element.

Who would win in a fight between Maj and Luckers?
Totally me. I'm a hairpuller.

Who would win in a fight between Jason and Kathana?
Kathana--coz chick anger is totally scary.
You v Kat?

Jason v Maj?

Kivam v Maj & Jason?

Who would win in a fight between Jason and Kathana?
Me. Jason won't hit a girl. But he can stand there and take it pretty good.
Won't hit a girl? Then you have not yet told him about your divine status, Great Glorificus?

Are there feats of improbable badassery?
Yes. I hear this book actually reads you.
That's not badass. That's just odd.

Why not?
Why ask why not?
Why not?

Do any more rats get killed by Moridin?
Not until book 13. And only if by rat you mean "Mat".
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Do any Mat's get killed? By Mat's, I mean zebras.

Who's more evil, Mr Ares or Shai'tan?
Yes.
I see. You are more evil than Shai'tan, by far. So who would win between you and Kat?

Jason, does Brandon make use of the following actions: sniffing, snorting, folding arms beneath breasts, braid tugging, smoothing skirts? It would be odd if they were wholly absent.

Which character did you feel Brandon was best able to capture the voice of (provided you don't think telling us this character is in the book counts as a spoiler)?

You can always lie to us. It's not like we'd know.

Moiraine Jason can't lie on this forum, because the First Oath covers typing as well as speaking. 

However, if Verin Jason was able to invent a suitable justification in his mind so that he believed his own lies, he could.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Jason, does Brandon make use of the following actions: sniffing, snorting, folding arms beneath breasts, braid tugging, smoothing skirts? It would be odd if they were wholly absent.

Which character did you feel Brandon was best able to capture the voice of (provided you don't think telling us this character is in the book counts as a spoiler)?

This is a good question also do any female characters call any male characters Woolhead? It just isn't a WoT book without this insult being bandied about. 

1- How much time elapses in this book. I know there is movement for some major characters and little for others and that they will be a bit out of sync. Just want to know in the general sense if its a few weeks or months.

2- Is Loial in this book (I miss having his character in some of the books)not necessarily as a POV, but just the character.

3-I know you can't reveal this, but I have to ask; Does Avi  ::)get pregnant?

so u like it dirty?

@Jason, ur like my favoritest person ever right now, even though i have no idea who u really are, and u actually dident tell us anything about the book.  but how did u, in all honesty, like the draft?

Moiraine Jason can't lie on this forum, because the First Oath covers typing as well as speaking. 

However, if Verin Jason was able to invent a suitable justification in his mind so that he believed his own lies, he could.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

This cracked me up.

1- How much time elapses in this book. I know there is movement for some major characters and little for others and that they will be a bit out of sync. Just want to know in the general sense if its a few weeks or months.

I have this feeling that Brandon answered this somewhere in his blog--and that it was out of sink, but slowly coming together or something.

2- Is Loial in this book (I miss having his character in some of the books)not necessarily as a POV, but just the character.

Given the timing of when Loial departed my guess would be that we'll see the Great Stump at least once. And probably early on.

so u like it dirty?

@Jason, ur like my favoritest person ever right now, even though i have no idea who u really are, and u actually dident tell us anything about the book.  but how did u, in all honesty, like the draft?

I think Jason's review covered whether or not he liked the book.

Jason,

I hope you're still checking this thread out and I hope this isn't too much of a spoilerish question...

Do we hear any new outlandish insults from Mat or Brigitte (e.g.:  "Mother's milk in a cup"), inquiring minds (mine) want to know, thanks!

Keep up the good work,

Adam

Thanks for the answers so far Jason. I missed an obvious non-spoiler question for you.

Is the prologue named? And if so what is it called? (Unless of course it's named something like 'It was Graendal! She killed Asmodean' or 'The Tower attacked') :)

I am curious, and I just mean this in a general sense so I don't think it counts as spoilers, but does The Gathering Storm keep the break neck speed of Knife of Dreams...where it feels like we are rushing towards the end? Or with two more books coming out does it feel like the pace has slowed down to a point where we're buiding to one final climb to Tarmon Gaiden?

Sorry if this has been answered by Brandon or someone else, haven't been keeping up on my WoT info lately...

Jasons review mentioned it being far more evenly paced out that most other books. I think the fact that there are two climaxes in this book I take as a sign that things will be moving faster, especially it the two climaxes are with different people. Most believe the climaxes will belong to Rand and Egwene, although Im not sure about Egwene myself, and if this is the case then I also see that as a bigger-picture buildup.

He mentioned Egwene having to make some sort of decision. I think she finds out who Mesaana is. I get the feeling that Egwene is going to do more stuff than simply reunite the Tower, have more than one spotlight between now and the end. So far for great female Forsaken lineups we've had Moiraine vs Lanfear, Nynaeve vs Moghedien, and a possible beginning to Cadsuane vs Semirhage. I think Egwene vs Mesaana would fit in with the rest perfectly.

Would Jason be allowed to tell us what the Prologue is called? or the Epilogue?

Archived