DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Summer Lake Fun... come on in...

Jhaenara

I know there's a Moat at the Warders (did it get moved... or die out?)... but anyway, I wanted to create a little lake setting for some summer fun and frivolity (yes, I said that word... bite me). I used to have a small lake in my backyard in WI and I loved to swim there all summer with my friends... ahh good times... lol. Hopefully it'll liven up this board a little too.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The lake is a nice size, clear, with tall trees surrounding it. There's a cleared beach area and a separate grassy area for picnicing. A long pier juts out from the sandy shoreline for jumping and diving off of. Further along the bank there's a strong old tree overhanging the water a bit with a single rope attached. Out from the pier towards the center of the lake is a floating dock for jumping off of or just hanging out on and catching some rays.

Here's some visuals also, to help out... lol.

Pier:

dock1.jpg

Floating Dock:

floatingdock1.jpg

Rope Swing Thingy:

ropeswing2.jpg

I hope some people are interested and come and play... :D And play nice please... mostly... lol.

-----

*dons a purple, blue, green mixed sporty two piece swimsuit and takes a running dive off the pier... swims strongly to the floating dock, climbs up and flops onto it breathing hard*

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woah!!!! thats in your backyard????? :shock:

I should defintally come visit you this summer!! :D

*puts on her 8)'s and white two peice, with tiny white pearls along the trim*

yells "UP..UP..AND AWAY!!!" *swings up from the rope and makes a huge splash with a cannon ball in the lake*

lol, ohhh no no... those are random pics I found... I wish though! lol

I don't live in WI anymore, but my mom still has the house up there... trying to sell it. We only had a small pier, but it was fun... :) Doing this post just reminded me of it.

Glad you guys are coming swimming! :D

Edit: BTW, we have nothing in Omaha... lol... but visit whenever you want... hahaha... 8)

*Dons her blue and white bikini and slips a pair of shorts over it. Grabes her snap on shades to the end of the pier and dangles her feet over the edge into the water. Then watches the frivolity.*

Sorry, all, but I'm not a swimmer. :oops:

(Really, I can't swim, I know, I know, almost 24 years old and can't swim a stroke.)

*Swims out to dock* At home we're having a heat wave of the 90's. Now if you live somewhere where it's hotter I understand your scorn, but y'all really oughta try working in the yard in heat like this. Or track practice. It sucks. I need a swimming pool. This works, for the time being.

*wanders out in her simple red 1-piece and eyes the water*

I'm such a Pisces. You put water out there, I'm going to be in it. That is, as long as it's at least 80 degrees outside. LOL

*dives in neatly and comes up, running her hair out of her face*

Jhae, I love you. *grins* This is exactly what I need after the heat I've been dying in the last two days. *laughs*

Archived