DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings, another novice

I agree with you about loosing David Eddings. I am a part of a medieval recreation group and on one of the lists it was mentioned he died. I was so sad. I think the love for his books really helped me appreciate the WoT books all the more.

I was overwhelmed too when I joined. I did a silly thing of joining 4 orgs. on my first day. I don't know how I managed. Not to mention at the time there were off site boards and it was even more confusing. I am thankful it is all right here in one spot. You and the other new Aspirants should be added soon to the boards. Once they do I would start with the Aspirant Common Room and Dorm rooms. That cuts down on the overwhelming part.

What Lily didn't mention was I was a shy person when I joined the tower. I got lucky and hooked up with some outgoing novices and we had a lot of fun. I finally got Lily to join and she fits right in. She has always been more outgoing then I am.

Hello, Kylie! Since this is your first forum community ever, one thing to keep in mind is that people tend to do things on forums that they wouldn't do in real life...like snuggle biting, hand cuffing everyone, and spanking people with floorboards. It's all just silliness, but you'll get used to it in time :)

I hope you'll come visit us at the Yellow boards. As Nyn said, Demi (Dunbar) will come to spank you with a yellow floorboard and then leave it with you as a souvenir...but if you want us to take it a bit easier on you, just let us know in your intro post :) I think the rest of our greeting ceremony is fairly docile ???

Since you're a sci-fi fan...are you into Firefly at all?

Kylie, it looks like you have just become the next link in my illustrious line of mentees!  Yay!  *Hugs*  Go check your e-mail.  ;)  Feel free to bug me about anything.  Most people around here know that I love answering questions a little too much.  :)

I think the rest of our greeting ceremony is fairly docile ???

It is? >.>

*cough*

Anyways, welcome to the WT! I'm Tig, another luvely lellow! Although not too lovely, I am a guy after all (contrary to popular opinion :P) I'm sure you'll find your niche in here somewhere. Just have fun!

Welcome to DM!

As Nyn said, Demi (Dunbar) will come to spank you with a yellow floorboard and then leave it with you as a souvenir...but if you want us to take it a bit easier on you, just let us know in your intro post :) I think the rest of our greeting ceremony is fairly docile ???

I think the rest of our greeting ceremony is fairly docile ???

It is? >.>

*cough*

*LOL*  How well I remember my first visit to the Yellows...*winks at Tig*

Don't worry, Kylie. You'll enjoy it.  :)

Archived