DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lily's finally here

You bad girl ratting me out like that.

Watch out for Bur here, he is a charmer. He also knows a thing or two about trouble. *snickers* Once you see the dorm rooms with the houses you will see what I mean.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Club Leader

Just to let you all know that don't already...

I was apparently lost in the shuffle, and I still don't have access to the Novice and Aspie boards. I'm still here, and still wanting to pull lots of pranks have lots of fun, but I'm just waiting to get in.

~Knock, knock~ May I come in, please?

*hears the Anticipation song playing in the background*

*is suddenly hungry for something with ketchup on it*

*sees the Novice asleep on the floor*

*frowns*

*walks away thoughtfully*  Maybe I should remind someone about this . . .

Tsk-tsk! Poor ickle Novice!

Oh darling Powers that Be, would you grant me the pleasure of laying all our lucious greens on the red torture tables for hogging a new member? I promise we'll give extra special care and attention to our Min and through association to Rasheta (and through that association to our own Elgee, who can always use a refreshing reminder against any form of mischief).

Welcome Lily,

First off, though we do love our men at the Reds let me set the record straight that there's more (much more) to a DM Red than oogling the boys. For instance, we excell in prettifying them too.

Balance between mind and heart is perfect, so long as both are of equal maturity or there's not much balance to be had. Both internally and externally ;)

What's this FF thing that the Greenbees are fluttering about?

Excuse me dear.... *flops a rubber banana on Min's head* NO recruiting the juniors! Tsk! Honestly...

Right, now that that's done *wags finger in Min's general direction* Welcome to the Tower. Our MoNster will be taking care of your situation shortly, I'm sure.

As for your Ajah choice, I'd hold off for real (and not just for show) making any decisions or judgements on that aspect untill you've had a chance to get to know the Ajahs. All of them. You seem like someone that can make up her own mind and doesn't need others to do that for her. Don't cheat yourself out by rushing in without taking the time to get to know the people and the places. Too many have done that in the past only to come to regret it later on.

So breath, enjoy yourself, take the opportunity to meet some new people and beware of the Spork.

Welcome,

Myst

Highest of the Red Ajah

*gives Min the Look* Behave, or there'll be no koffiekoeken for you! (cfr. reference

)

Welcome Lily!  I definitely agree with Mystica, take your time getting to know the DM Ajahs, as many have found that they are very different from what they might have expected!  There is also the wonderful Warder's Guild, which is equal opportunity and could definitely use some more members of the fairer sex! :D  Have fun!

Claire

• Club Leader

I want to make one thing clear. Lor has done all she can do to help. She's been wonderful! The problem is somewhere past her in the process. It will get fixed when it gets fixed, I suppose. There are a lot of people making a lot of noise on my behalf. lol

And don't worry. I'll visit all the ajahs (when I'm allowed to.... sigh!) and make my decision. I'm not one to make snap decisions. There are several greens that I know from a Harry Potter site I was staff at last year, so if it seems like I already am comfy with the greens, that's why. But there are a couple of sisters in other ajahs that I know from there, too. I just haven't seen them yet. I'm wondering if I said something that I don't remember that would give the impression that I'd already decided.

And, Mother, I considered being a Warder, for about two minutes. Nope. As much as I love swords, I wanna be Aes Sedai.

Myst, I must know more about "prettifying them." That sounds intriguing!

Sis when you can visit the Phoenix Lounge at the Red Ajah, there enough said. *giggles*

She is very capable of making up her own mind. Honestly she beats me into agreeing with her half the time. I wonder where you Blue Ajah friends are. Lily is just happy to find out that she knows so many of us. I forced suggested to her to join so she can visit and have fun and become a novice. She isn't all that familiar with the Ajah's because she hasn't read all the books. Yes, I am telling on you sis. *giggles*

I think Lily should have some special assignment on what each Ajah is about here and in the books. *Knows she will pay for this later*

• Club Leader

~Lily comes in a kneels at Claire's feet, offering a plate of warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies~

Thank you, Mother! I will enjoy sleeping in a bed.

~Lily thinks of all the pranks she can now pull, and bows her head to allow her hair to hide the grin she can't help but let slip~

~Lily comes in a kneels at Claire's feet, offering a plate of warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies~

She's a keeper!  Already knows what I like and everything!  *g*

You're welcome hon, enjoy sleeping in a bed tonight and *try* not to spread too much mischief.

• Club Leader

Well, I've been around to four already, and am narrowing down my choices already. I didn't plan to be narrowing it down so soon, but I read what one of the ajahs said about themselves on a thread inviting Aspies to do so, and, while I totally respect what they are about, I would be a poor fit there. I'm having fun in the Aspie quarters, though. ~evil grin~ Come see!

Welcome, Lily!  Glad you have access finally!  Was your bed comfy?  Did you sleep well?  Did the hamster I put under your spare pillow disturb your sleep at all? ;D

Just one quick note - an Ajah is made up of a BUNCH of people!  So please get to know as many of them as possible before making an early decision based on what one or two might have said!  As an aspie, I visited all the Ajahs and enjoyed myself immensely.  I eventually felt drawn to three, then narrowed it down to two and then agonized for a few weeks before deciding to petition the Blue Ajah.  But I was in the WT for a number of months before even narrowing it down to the original three.  I guess what I'm trying to say is please give yourself and the Ajahs some time.  You may not think you "belong" in one Ajah because of what someone said about it early on but you may find later that you click so well with the people there that it's where you want to belong!

Now go cause some mischief somewhere!  ;) 

Now where did Min go?  *looks for her minty and, upon seeing her, brightens*  Hey, Min!  Get over here, you!  *tacklesnugglehugs Min* 

*Gets tacklesugglehugged* What do you want Dari? You know she is having fun with the Blues. I told her she would love you all.

Dari is right. Not to mention when you take the WT class that is a requirement part of it is a visit to all the Ajahs. You might get a different perspective then. I know what Ajahs you are thinking of though and you would be a good fit in any of them. I remember trying to choose between three and then it was down to two. When you visit the Whites know that Delenn and I were novices together. When you visit the Yellows let Tigara know that you are my sister and well auntie to one of his friends, my youngest. They pestered me the brief time he was here and at the Wolfin. He sent dragons after my flying monkeys the brat. Naeann is also over at the Yellows and well I keep talking about her to you. Love my First-Sister. She and I were novices together. Actually Naeann, Delenn and I went through the arches together. Well, in the same thread I should say. One after the other.

You will find you met people who become close friends. I know you are excited to reunite with those that were at our Harry Potter site FF, but you will so make new friends.

Oh, I just wanted a snuggle from my lovely minty.  *giggles*  I just thought of something funny.  Since two of my minties have gone Green, I can call both of you my Mints now.  *snicker*  I guess you'd be SpearMints vice PepperMints, since peppermint is typically associated with white (white wrapper on peppermint gum, green on spearmint) - at least in my mind! 

Or maybe I'll just call you my spearminties.  I'll have to think on that . . . Or since there are two of you that went Green, that makes you Doublemints.  :D  *falls over laughing*

Okay, I'll shut up now.  Sheer tiredness has made me a bit silly, I think!

• Club Leader

Dari, I appreciate your advice. And it is wise. I think I was tired when I wrote that. It didn't come out right. This particular ajah has a thread that says "Aspie's please read" or something to that effect. They talk about what their ajah is like, etc, and specifically say something like "If you don't feel like this is you, you might want to reconsider joining our ajah." Well, it's not me. It's cool, but not me. That's what I meant. And, yes, I'll come play with the Blues some more. I have three ajahs that haven't had the "Lily experience" yet, though. ;)

• Club Leader

Well, they have all gotten the Lily Experience now - some more intensely Lily than others.... lol. At this point, and these are very, very early days, three ajahs are standing out as places I want to investigate further. And then, of course, there's the one where I already know nearly everyone. So, there's four front-runners in the race, with a lot of track still to go. I'm open to bribery persuasion, though, so who knows what may happen? Right now, I'm just being a good Aspie, and doing a lot of visiting. I'm sure something will stand out eventually.

Archived