• Mat
    • Rand
    • Moridin
    • Shadar Haran
    • Cadsuane
    • Taim
    • Lan
    • Slayer

Who is the most dangerous?  Not the best fighter, or the most powerful, but the person who would win a fight most often, in the most situations.

I like Mat for this because he can win with his luck, medallion, ta'veren-ness, 1-on-1 skills, generaling skills, and he has the memories to give him the most experience.

Now you know why I said in another thread how it is annoying that Mat wins almost every character poll. With my vote Rand is ahead, lets hope it stays that way. He and Shaidar Haran I think should be tie for most dangerous but because Rand is a good guy I voted for him. And also even though he has one hand, I would imagine him being the dragon he can channel more than Haran. A medicore channeller can easily beat any of the best blademasters and any fade who is profecient in channeling. Although I am making a big guess that Rand is stronger than Haran in channeling,(since we don't know for certain).

I voted for Rand al`Thor. If the Dragon Reborn, the person whom is supposed to defeat the Dark One is NOT the most dangerous person in WOT, then I'm afraid that all of the Randlanders ought to get used to living under the not-so-tender mercies of the Dark One.

I voted for Slayer.

Being able to pop in and out of tel'aran'rhiod at will? And it's not a construct of the Power, so not even Shaidar Haran's channeling canceling abilities could prevent him from killing anyone at will.

I would have gone for Graendal--she is utterly rational, and like all utterly rational people capable of rationalising anything. She is intelligent, never lets her emotions control her and knows when to retreat--yet is not a coward.

Semirhage too is pretty damn dangerous.

But other than that, yeah, Cadsuane--her strength of will and her intelligence would both make a formidable enemy. Rand and Moridin are both incredibly dangerous in their own ways, but they are also both unbalanced, which is a weakness.

Shaidar Haren--I'm not sure... he could be up there, but we just don't know enough about his powers--for instance does his ability to remove the source only touch those bound to the shadow, or can he use it on any channeler? We do know, however that he has weaknesses in his inability to be away from Shayol Ghoul for long (unless he's fixed that). As I said, we don't know enough about him.

Slayer's skills are impressive in their own way, but he'd never stand in a direct fight. In surprise attack he's badass, but i would point out this--his reliance on the element of surprise works against your average joe--but Rand, or Lan, or countless others have the skills to wake up when someone strange enters their room.

Mat IS dangerous. But there are limitations to that degree of danger. He is perceptive, intelligent and a good fighter, not to mention badass with an army. But whilst he may have certain protections against channelers, his ability to fight them is greatly weakened. Compared to others anyway.

Ooh I forgot about Graendal and Semirhage. They're not on the poll though =(

Mm, anyways, what do you mean by unbalanced. About Moridin that is. Rand I can understand. It seems to me Moridin has everything calculated out. Plus he's been the source of most bad things over the 3000 years which in itself should give grounds to beware of whatever he has planned.

I voted Moridin. He is just as powerful as Rand in the power, and he can channel the true power which certainly gives him an edge. In a fight between the Rand would probably win just because hes the main character, the Dragon Reborn, the Lord of The Morning, he's also Ta'veren which helps a lot, and its generally thought this fight fight will go done and Rand will win.

But most dangerous and who would win in a fight are different things (to me at least). Moridin would cause untold destruction if the Dark One didn't have some kind of leash on him. He has no mercy, and no remorse. In fact he enjoys killing. The only reason Rand is alive is because Ishamael wantd to turn him instead of kill him.

Also on a note of Shadar Haran. He can't channel, like someone said earlier. I believe its an extension on the powers of a normal Fade, coming directly from the Dark One. He may be able to Channel the True Power but I think its different from even that. And do we know if he can cancel the channeling of True Power, if he was to fight Moridin??

And do we know if he can cancel the channeling of True Power, if he was to fight Moridin??

Since SH is the DO, he would not even have to block TP, since it requires direct permission from the DO to use it.

And do we know if he can cancel the channeling of True Power, if he was to fight Moridin??

Since SH is the DO, he would not even have to block TP, since it requires direct permission from the DO to use it.

good point. so if Moridin Fights SH its like fighting the Dark One and Moridin loses

Maybe i would change my vote to SH. He is an extension of the Dark One after all, his only weakness seems to be the he can't stay away from Shayul Ghul, but it was foreshadowed that this might change.

I don't know Moridin, Shadar e Cadsuane so for what i can see i gave my vote to Rand. He's the strongest ta'veren of ever and he's the Dragon Reborn, i think that's enough for classify him as the most dangerous person of the world!

Who is the most dangerous?  Not the best fighter, or the most powerful, but the person who would win a fight most often, in the most situations.

A dangerous person does not necessarily often win fights.

According to dictionary, a dangerous person is likely to cause injury/pain/etc.  So the most dangerous would be the most likely to cause injury/pain/etc.

The poll is missing a number of options that might be considered by some people.  Maybe add an "Other" option.

In this case the Author is asking whom would win the most fights in your perspective, no matter what the dictionary definition would be. You are right though, an Other option would be optimal.

Voted Rand.  I am going by dictionary's definition of dangerous.

With Lews Therin in his head and with Lews Therin's relapses to madness, almost any time might cause Rand to cause injury/pain/etc (primarily with saidin).

Perhaps also most likely to win most fights after learning one-handed techniques on sword fighting.  Or he might adapt two-handed techniques to work with hand & arm or just arms.

Or perhaps add the One Power at times when he fights.

I think you forgot the MOST dangerous character ever. The greatest loose canon around, the one who does not seen to be skillfull and is completly mad:

Padan Fain!!!!!

i voted for Shadar Haran, but i still think that Padan Fain is a dangerous guy and will have a part yet to come in the story!!!

The poll is missing a number of options that might be considered by some people.  Maybe add an "Other" option.

I am personally against the "other" option on internet polls.  If I didn't put your choice in sorry, but an "other" option just confuses the results.  Not that the results matter.

A person can be a deadly fighter, but if they eschew martial confrontation, then they aren't really dangerous (except to anyone stupid enough to pick a fight with them).

That's like saying that the good guys are less dangerous because their goal is peace.  It's true, but I'm talking about "normalized" danger.  Who is the most dangerous person to have as your mortal enemy?

A dangerous person does not necessarily often win fights.

According to dictionary, a dangerous person is likely to cause injury/pain/etc.  So the most dangerous would be the most likely to cause injury/pain/etc.

It's true that dangerous != skilled at fighting.  However, the one who inflicts the most damage is more likely to win, right?

Define dangerous.  Define damage.

Mahatma Gandhi might be shown to have ended the British Empire.

You really need to pose a specific situation to get any meaningful answer.  He/she who is a danger in one set of circumstances isn't even a hindrance in some other set of circumstances.

Talking about what's dangerous is or not, i can only think about a phrase of the LOTR. Gimli says to Gandalf that Fangorn (Treebeard) was dangerous and Gandalf rightly answered: (forgive me i don't have the book here now so i'm translated from Italian)

"Dangerous!I am dangerous, extremely dangerous: more dangerous than everything you could never meet[...]and Aragorn too is dangerous, so as Legolas [...], you too, at your way, are dangeorus."

So...

Archived