DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm interviewing Brandon Sanderson next weekend

JenniferL

Has Harriet edited any of Brandon's work yet?  If so how did she respond to it?

As a fan has there been anything in the final volume of WOT that you found particularly surprising or that was unexptected?

I don't know how much Brandon would know about this, but at one point Harriet was planning on writing a WOT Encycleopedia once the series was completed, with RJ's guidance.  Now that RJ has passed does she still plan to go forward with this project?

I know it would be better to ask Harreit herself, but since I have now idea how to contact her I suppose Brandon is the next best source.

Do you have any 'rituals' (for lack of a better word) to help you get into the mood for working with a project created by someone else?

What does a typical working day look like?

RJ did not want to tie up all the plotlines. Did the decision to leave any of these hanging surprise or disappoint you? (A simple Yes or No should not violate the contract too much, right ;D)

Which character do you identify the ost with, and has that changed now that you are writing about them?

Ding ding! First post!

Ask him if he thinks Demandreds absence will be made up for in AMoL. He is my favorite Forsaken, the last male with his original body, and he is clouded in mystery as much as any other Chosen. It would be good to see him in action, even though he doesnt usually stand on the front line.

Also, can you please ask him if he is going to tell us who killed Asmodean. Im sure I read somewhere that he and Harriet have agreed on something but I want confirmation.

Forgive me if these questions have already been asked.

What is your feeling, as a reader, of the end of AMOL and WOT?  Is it suitably epic?  Are you satisfied?

How difficult is it to juggle the different projects you are working on?

Which character(s) do you dislike the most and why?  How does that influence your writing?

Do you have any 'relics' that you keep in your work area to give you energy or confidence...sort of like how computer dorks keep a penguin(Linux) on top of their monitor?

Were any of RJ's 'relics' provided to you to help channel his essence?

Do you smoke a pipe?  If so, what blend of tabac do you prefer?

Top 3's or 5's would be cool.  Books, movies, tv shows, paintings and/or painters etc.

Dante VS Homer?

Aside from Literature, what other schools of study have you been engaged in?  Psychology, sociology, physics etc.

Favorite WoT characters.

Favorite WoT scenes...excluding stuff from AMoL obviously.

Guest Dreadlord

Is there anything specific about the series that Brandon would have done differently, if it was him that wrote it?

Also, if he is able to, would he tell us whether or not Semirhage was lying about Lews Therin in KoD? Does Rand really have a rare type of madness that makes him hear the voice of his past life, a voice that is real? I mean we all know the voice is real, but its the cause of it that Im on about, and Rand hearing the voice simply because he is the Saviour of the World/Champion of the Light doesnt seem good enough compared to the explanations of everything else

Well I will be there as well, so I might prefer to ask him some questions as it comes up.

I do have some questions for Harriet, but perhaps it's handier to wait till Jordan Con (regarding or not I will be there). At Jordan Con Harriet will have more ideas about aMoL and the lenght.

Although I can try one:

-What was RJ's opinion about when the book could or would be split?

Did he say anything about this?

I have questions regarding his writing process.  Is he writing the book in a linear fashion, starting at the beginning and writing the book in the same order that we read it, or does jump around in the story, or some other method?

From what I've seen posted, it seems the RJ jumped around and wrote specific scenes rather than writing from beginning to end.

Archived