DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

Hi I'm new to dragonmount, but not to the WoT, I can't belive the news that RJ has passed away and can't help but feel guilty that one of my first thoughts when I found out was what will happen to the series, but my deepest sympathies to Harriet, Wilson and everyone else.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there!

My names Matthew. I'm 17, 18 in February, i live in Sydney Australia and am doing my HSC now.

I've been visiting this site for ages now, always reading peoples opinions on the books and stuff.

I absolutely LOVE this site!

I was really cut up to hear about R.J.'s passing, and i wont deny anxious about the last book.

I told heaps of people like my family and friends, but none read his works so they didn't seem as interested as i was. But yeah, i love this site so i thought it's about time i registered.

Hopefully i'll meet you all around the site! :)

Cheers!

hi and welcome :D

not many regulars come up to this thread but if you make your own 'hello thread'

you'll get loads of us all saying hey and hi (and some people asking you to go play with them in the various differnt bits of DM ;) )

see ya around :D

(ps cool name :P )

i see you guys,

i signed up yesterday so i could post on some of RJ's tribute forums, just found out like 5 minutes ago there was a new members section (wow shoulda checked) i have read all of the current books of WOT execpt new spring. I await the final book to come out so i can hear the final words of the book. if you guys see me around dont be afraid to say hi!

may you always find water and shade,

The winds of time, watcher of the histories, protector of memory.

Hi to all!My name's Borislav and I'm from Bulgaria.Is that enough???Of course no.I'm 14 and have read just "The eye of the world".But I'm addicted to it and the details(for example when Rand uses the One power for the flash of light toblow the walls etc.).And I like Evanescence.

Greetings :)

My name is Jason, and I have been reading the Wheel of Time for five years now. I have read all the books at least twice, and several of them three or more, plus picking them apart to address the unanswerable questions, like "who killed Asmodean?," or to find out how so-and-so talked for roleplay purposes.

Hello,

My name is Kevin and I've been a fan of WoT for about 5 years now. I have all the books but haven't read them all. Got caught up in some stuff a few years back (nothing bad) and stoped reading. Had to start with book 1 to refresh my memory. Anyway, I've been checking out this sight for a few weeks and really like it. I relate a lot to Perrin so I'm spending a lot of time with the Wolfkins. I'm going to try to become a cub and do some RPing. Send me a post, I'd love to here from everyone.  :)

Tigersfs

HELLO ALL! 

I've been comming to DM just to read Mr. Jordan's blogs for a couple yrs. Can't imagine not getting to read them any more.

I've read all of the WoT  3 times so far since being introduced 5 yrs ago.  They're by-far my favorite, and I have read a lot of books  ;D

Thought maybe it was about time to register  :)

Hi all.

My name is Matt(Madrokai).

Thanks to Robert Jordan, I started to write my own book.

It`s not the same type of story but still in the fantasy genre.

I only wish like so many others that I could have spent time with such a great man.

I would like to be allowed to post my bebo link here so anyone interested could visit and read my book which is only in the starting stages. Chapter one is on my page.

Finally, a big thanks to all at Dragonmount for doing such a great service for all fans of Robert Jordan.

Hi everybody. I'm a big W.O.T fan(since 1990 if i remember right).I took the plunge & signed up at last.  ;) Ive just started The eye of the world AGAIN!! :D Anybody other than me from Birmingham England? Great site by the way.

Welcome to all of you....be sure to come check out the ORGs a little further down the page.  I won't recruit you to a specific one because I am a memeber of all but 2.  They are a lot of fun, and each one tends to cover different areas of interest, Music/Movies/Video Games etc.  Either way post and have fun.

Greetings to all,

Allow me a moment to introduce myself through a short anecdote about my first encounter with WoT.  As with most teenagers of my time, I was engulfed by the choices of genre.  Fantasy novels were really coming to life with the development of RPGs in the eighties, and I try to gobble up everything I could.  One day, in 1991, I was in a bookstore browsing for my next purchase and a friend of mine pointed to a wonderful cover on a paperback.  It was a beautiful illustration of a straight-backed warrior riding his horse and a noble lady seated on her own.  I was entranced by the image and grabbed a copy.  Now, with most, this may have been the beginning of a wonderful trip into the Wheel of Time series, but life became a distraction...and the book was put aside for two years.  I had actually only read about five chapters.

After my regained a hold on my world, I turned back to the worlds found in literature, and RJ pulled into his stories after just reading the first line.  I fell headlong into it and I have never recovered.  I was able to embrace the characters, even to the point of having passionate feelings of love and hate for different ones.  I saw within his stories the hope of the future and a direction for my own life.  I will always hold him in very high regard and remember his face in meeting him once during a book signing.  The words of a book will always stay with me.

Now, as I was able to return to college after dropping out for the same reasons listed above, I dove into the world of myth and culture.  I absorbed all that I could as I studied the Greco-Roman world as well as a study of the Middle Eastern mythologies.  I became a student of many writers from time of Homer and beyond.  Now that I have achieved my degree, I have moved to the sands of Arizona to seek a life of wonder and purpose much like the Aiel.  It is from here that I will strike out to fulfill my life goals with my family at my side.

So...you ask me to introduce myself?  I am Mikel Smothermon of Queen Creek, Arizona which is southeast of Tempe and Phoenix.  I have a lovely wife and our three children.  Adina, my daughter, is twelve.  Our son, Xavier, is eleven now.  Piper, my youngest, is the Mistress of the Hold, and she is four.  My wife, Beckie, helps to keep all of us together and organized.  We are looking forward to the next step in our lives together here in the desert.  I hope that all of you will get a chance to learn more about my adventures.

thanks,

Mikel

I love this website, almost as much as reading WOT books, I am fairly new Wot fan, Im on book # 6, Ive heard its a little slow at first, but it moves forward with a bang. I am not finding that so...far. Actually, I was a little disappointed with "The Dragon Reborn", I found that book to be plodding at times, but it has gotten better since then. I look forward to reading some great posts and Im looking forward to a long time on this forum :)

Fran

Archived