DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: better late than never they say, Ben :D

There have been quite a lot of Newbies that have said that it was the Podcast that led to them getting registered on DM... so there has been some compensation :wink:

I just found your site and think it's great! I have been reading the WoT since it first came out and have read each book at least 3 times. I've been reading for the last two days and find a lot of the viewpoints and theories very interesting. I hope to be a regular reader here but I may not post a whole lot. Thanks for having a place like this.

WELCOME!!! It's always great to see new DMers on the site!!! Please check out all the site has to offer i.e. the 4th Age Podcast and also, if you have time game of stones is cool too. (gostones.net)

If you listen to the podcasts there are some spoilers (which you don't need to worry about if you are completely caught up with the series). Otherwise, a BIG WELCOME, and ENJOY!!!

Sincerely,

Ben2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Olver... have a look around and join things where you fancy. A lot of the Orgs have private boards, so if you do like one of them very much, it maybe worth joining to be able to see and post on those. However, there are a lot of people that for example only take part in the WoT discussions and have not joined an Org. You won't be the only one if it isn't your thing.

Hello there (or Dydh Da, in my native tounge)

The name's Anne Marie Rosewall, i am from Cornwall (britain) and have been reading The Wheel Of Time for over the past 10 years. i just heard froma friend that the fab mister Jordan is rather ill,Wishing him the speediest of recoveries, What's the update? any one out there from the u.k. or elsewhwere gimme a shout and we can talk on all things jordan?

Speak to ya all soon (dew Genough we 'ol)

a concerned reader

A-m Rosewall

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have been an avid reader of the series for over ten years now. I'm a native of Charleston, South Carolina as such have gotten to see "Mr. Jordan" on numerous occasions. His wife is quite the poet. Every once in a while she will do a reading around town. I have been visiting the website for a few years now but have only just registered.

Hope to hear from everyone soon,

Parke

Hi Parke...

say 'Hi' from us, next time you see them :wink:

Good to see you have decided to abandon lurkdom and join us in the Light :D

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure you would get many people going.....Blah Blah Blah....Thank you etc etc.

As I am new and appreciate the work you put in I thought a quick note to say that in my newly found techno feet, I am greatful for those of you who make these things possible.

Anyway....G'day from Melbourne Australia

Real 1....aka Kelly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if he does, but I was wondering if Robert Jordan read the forums? But I'm writing a book and would like him to read, especially because I've made a character in his likeness but I can change that if he does not want me using his name. I understand if he doesnt. I have five chapters posted on a site that I would like him and anyone elst who will read it to well read it. I was very inspired by his books.

www.urbis.com is the website. "Vengeance" is the name of the book and my account is fwriter218

Hi FantasyWriter, welcome to Dragonmount.

RJ does read the Blog Comments... whether he ocassionally ventures on the forum... who knows... you could write to him care of Tor, his publishers.

You might be interested in visiting the Illuminators Org. We currently have the author Patrick Rothfuss doing a Question and Answer session. His debut novel 'The Name of the Wind' is being published at the end of March.

And if you joined the Illuminators usergroup, that would give you access to the scribe's chapter house where you will find more writing projects. It is also the ideal place to discuss anything to do with writing.

Good luck with your book :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Just joined..I'm glad to see everyone is so friendly, I'm not quite sure how all this works yet, but I'm figureing it out. The Welcome post was very helpful actually. I was wondereing where to find updates on that calender project.

Well thats it for now

Thanks...

Arha...sry for my spelling ;)

Guest Egwene

Hello Arha, which calendar project are you refering to? Having just lost a few weeks worth of posts, I am not sure whats what at the moment...

Guest Egwene

Go to the Blog... it's the one called 'a little contest'. And any news about it would be either on the Blog or on the WoT news above it.

Archived