DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

welome to DM guys and hope you enjoy the place

if you want you can make you own personal hello thread ( ::) lazy bunch, most of them dont come up to this thread :P ) and then you'll get load of people saying hi ..well and trying to get you to go play with them in there orgs too

anywho whatever you do, have fun :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody, I'm new here. Not new to Jordan's books though, been reading (and re-reading of course :D) since 1992. WoT has to be my all-time favorite series of any genre (though A Song of Ice and Fire runs a close second!). The thing I love best about WoT is the depth and complexity of the characters and the worlds. I'll be honest, pure black and white characters don't really float my boat. I love the challenge RJ has given me of trying to figure out each and every character. ;D As you can probably tell from my screenname, my favorite character is Nynaeve. As you can also tell I like to run my mouth sometimes. ;D Looking forward to some interesting discussions!

Hi everybody. I'm a big W.O.T fan(since 1990 if i remember right).I took the plunge & signed up at last.  ;) Ive just started The eye of the world AGAIN!! :D Anybody other than me from Birmingham England? Great site by the way.

Havoc, I live not far from Birmingham, England. About half and hour away. :)

Please allow me to introduce myself...as the song goes.

Name is Sam.

First read the first WOT book in high school 1990, senior year.

Am currently on atleast my second copy of all the older books and have read them more times than I can count. And still sometimes relize new things.

Anyway, love the site and hope to contribute

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

My name is Max. Was introduced to the series in 2004 and after that I couldn't put any of the books down. Was reading it during my exams then and I was reading the Wheel of Time more than my own notes for my exams. My favourtie character is Mat Cauthoun. I've known of this site for quite awhile but I never gotten around to checking it out but here I am now... Looking forward to what I'll find here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all  :)

Just joined the forum & thought I'd come say hey.

Been reading WoT since 1991. Lost count of the amount of times I've re-read all the books.

Doing it again at the mo & loving them just as much as ever.

I'm sure I'll get to know some of you better as time goes on.

Take care

Rx

Hello,

I'm a new member but have been checking this site out for a while.  I started reading WOT when the first book came out, 1989?.  I read the first 4 or 5 books as they were released, and found that I had forgotten who the hell some of the characters were or what was going on.  I decided I would start over from the beginning as soon as Robert Jordan finished the series, so I wouln't have to have down time again.  I realized that he was working on the final book and was very sick, so I started following this site.  I was very sad to see that he did pass on. 

I am now reading "New Spring" in preparation for starting the series from the beginning again, almost 20 years later than when I first began.  I expect it will take me until the fall 2009 release date of "A Memory of Light", to catch up, as I am a busy father of a 1.5 year old.  Between work, hanging out with my son, spending time with my wife, other reading, movies, video games, hiking, and getting outside, building a house, etc., I will be taking my time and savoring this fantastic series.

I am very excited to be jumping back into Robert Jordan's world.  Between this and series finally wrapping up, and Peter Jackson helming "The Hobbit" movie, my inner fantasy geek will be well occupied for the next few years.

So I'll be hangin around the site.

Peace,

Thaddeus

Hey,

I finally registered though I have been checking out this website for some time to get the latest news on the last book and everything else to do with the series. I only started reading the series a few years ago, but I have already read it a few times since.  I'm usually busy, but I look forward to checking out this website to see the latest from The Wheel of Time.  My name is Amanda, and my username is sort of an inside joke, in case you were wondering.  But I'm glad to be here and I'm happy that I finally joined in.

I have been reading the series for a couple of years, and I absolutely love it.  I just found this website, as I was looking for any info on the last book, and all news of Robert Jordan.  I found this site and it is pretty much amazing.  Hopefully this place will help me understand the series more.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem it looks good so far.  Be sure to post an itroduction thread where you can meet the people around the site.  There is lots to do.  If you want to talk about the books there is the General area.  There is also the Org's, which are groups that talk about things not directly related to the series (Band of the Red Hand=music and travel, Seanchan=entertainment, Wolfkin=nature, Ogier=books).  And finally there is the roleplay area where you can participate in the various games (I know very little about that area).

Either way welcome and have some fun and good times.

Archived