DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

Guest Barmacral

All information can be found in the announcement thread in the general wot discussion (very top thread on every page in that discussion board)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Egwene

Hello leelou :)

Welcome to DM, hope you will be posting your own thread here so we can give you a thourough welcome :P

A friend told me about WoT when I was deployed to Iraq. I never enjoyed reading much until this series. That was about 2 1/2 years ago now but I'm on my second time through the series. I hope Jordan overcomes his illness, if not let it be painless.

hi

my actual name is eugene and i've finished the whole series and can't wait for amol to come out

hu isn't in this forum he?

i've liike finished the series 2 years ago when KOD first came out and only started rereaedin everything so i'm a bit rusty on some events so if i make a chronological error it that me have read it for a while and forgot

stil know most of what happened though like um not goin to say just in case i spoil things

Guest Barmacral

Welcome, there is a person named Hu or Hue or something like that around here... I haven't seen him in a while though. You should start your own welcome thread, its definately worth it.

Guest Egwene

The Illuminators Org here on DM comprises all creative arts. Once you join the usergroup (top right of your screen under forum options) you will see the chapterhouses, Artist's, Scribe's, Smith's, Crafter's and Gleeman's in addition to the main Illuminators Board which you see at the moment.

So whether you are into painting, writing, card making or whatever else creative... this is the place to look for like minded people :D

Guest Egwene

Hello Yana, welcome to DM :)

Why not post your own welcome thread? That way you get many more people coming back to you. Mainly to try and rope you into some project or other... it's great to be wanted, isn't it!

A quick heads up... your Avi is slightly too big. It should be no larger than 80x80. If you need help re-sizing, the best option is to post a request on the signature request board.

hi. I don't usually join forums for this kind of stuff, but i decided that since the Wheel of Time series is going to take up that much of my time, I might as well see who else is reading it. Not many people in my life have the time or the inclination to read these books, even fantasy lovers. They get all hung up on Harry Potter and LOTR, which, while perfectly good franchises, have never captured my attention as much as the Wheel of Time. Actually, I have never been able to sit through a Tolkien book, without having a fit of boredom and turning on the TV, or picking up a better one.

I'm basically looking for people with whom I can discuss the central themes of the books, as well as just find some empathy from other people that understand the importance and power of this kind of fiction.

I appreciate this website and particularly how The Man Himself posts his blog on it.

Guest Egwene

You'll like it, Cloden :D

Welcome to WoT anonymous *g*. I hope you will find all the theories and discussions as much fun as I do. And if you think you know who killed 'you know who'... vote in the poll on the general WoT board :wink:

welcome cloden

it actually my first time in joining a forum as well. i only join it because i saw alot of interesting theories and wanted to add abit of my own. also to get a few answers to questions i have

btw about lotr i've wanted to start reading it but never gone past the first chapter. wheel of time in my opinon is just sooo much better.

Hello all! *waves* I started this series about a half a year ago, but between work and school I just finished LoC. I didn't even know this place existed until I bought ACoS and looked in the back! :idea: However, summer is here, and I plan on catching up with the rest of you by the end of it. Glad to know so many people are into this epic series!

Guest Egwene

Hello, Deronius, welcome to this amazing site :)

I would recommend that you avoid the book discussion boards for the time being as they are full of spoilers. However, check the info thread on this board for ways on how to get around that problem.

Other than that... post your own welcome thread, that way more people will respond and have fun exploring all there is to DM.

Shout if you need help with anything :D

Hello there! I'm Llanfair :D

I've just finished the eleventh book, and I'm so excited for AMoL :D I started reading about a year ago, right before high school ended, and my eyes and hands wouldn't let me rest until I've finished an entire book.

Is New Spring good? I haven't got a copy yet and I'm thinking of buying, but I'm currently living off what my parents give me.

WoT rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I truly am a n00b here, since I missed this intro part.

I am a dad of 3, I live in California, and got hooked on the WoT just before The Lord of Chaos came out.  Further, I found WOTFAQs  right before the Crown of Swords, due to being hyped that it was finally coming out, and I went looking for release dates.

The name Draggs Morlock is a name I used a long time ago with a game that I don't play anymore, but was very interested in when I first came to know WoT... it seemed appropriate.

Guest Barmacral

Welcome everyone, be sure to create your own welcome threads to make yourself better known.

And be sure to read New Spring, its not as long as the rest, but its still good.

Archived