DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

I'm new as a poster but have been lurking about for quite a while reading other people's posts.

Anyone older than 53?

I'm proud to be a grandpa (5 times ages 1 to 11).

I don't get on the internet at home, but luckily have some extra time at work now and then. This site is SUPER!!!

I've read the 12 main books (including New Spring) four times each and the big white book only twice (kind of dry compared to the series). Each time that I re-read I pick up something that I missed before. I am not an avid reader. I read very slowly and have trouble concentrating. This is my testimony concerning this series. It's very special, indeed.

I'm anxiously awaiting book 12 along with the rest of you. Can't wait to see how close it comes to some of the Dragonmount posts. I wonder if RJ gets any of his inspiration from what his fans have written?

As you can tell, I like to ramble on. Hopefully, you can enjoy some of my posts as much as I have enjoyed reading yours.

I noticed that my log-on name is Rand Pa with a couple of G's on either end...maybe I should have been GtamG?

-------------

Fantasy is a lot more fun than reality. 8)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Grampie! Although I am not yet a gramma I am 51. I know we have a few oldsters (scoffs at the word with a good eyeroll) :roll:

Welcome to the site and you will be glad to know that there are equally, super people, that are members here, but I am sure if you've lurked for a while you might already know that. :wink:

We have organization boards to join if you wish. Or just hang out at the discussion areas. I am a member of the White Tower, Aiel, Ogier and the Illuminators. So, you can see that I am obsessed.

>>

<<

Have a great time!!!

Guest Egwene

Welcome aboard, GranpaG :D

I positively love people that ramble on... probably why I am equally as obsessed with the WoT books as you. Who cares for telgram style?! I am glad to have found an author that tells the whole story with the same attention to detail in the last bokk as he did in the first :)

So... long time lurker, first time poster? Glad you made the leap from one to the other... much nicer being able to have a two way conversation with you this way. Why don't you post your own thread here, so we can give you a more thourough welcome?!

Hint, all Lurkers... *points at the registration and post topic/reply buttons* :wink:

hi there, i'm a n00b to this website as well. i started reading the books when i was in like sixth grade (over a decade ago!) and just found this site while trying to figure out when the next/final one was supposed to come out.

at any rate, i posted so maybe i could meet some other geeky folk like myself who love the WoT series. blah.

Welcome to Dragonmount preciousroy and the rest.

I am on my first reading of the books, but am hooked. Only on the 6th book, "LOC".

Post a new intro. thread so everyone can welcome you properly. Check out the orgs too. There are a lot of cool orgs with different interest areas.

Hope to see you around the site.

Hello everyone, I just recently stumbled across this forum (by way of the podcast) and want to thank you all for inspiring me to reread WOT. I love reading about various theories presented here.

Years ago (I don't remember when), I was looking for a book to read and the cover of The Eye of the World grabbed my attention. I did not even realize it was the first of a long series of books, but I was hooked.

Maybe whe I finish rereading the series, I'll be up to presenting my own theories.

Onca again, thank you all for comunicating your enthusiasm for WOT and providing plenty of interesting reading.

Welcome mets_jags_fan to Dragonmount. I listened to a few podcasts, but stopped. I haven't read all the books yet.

If you start a new thread with that awesome intro. I am sure the welcoming committee will be out to welcome you properly.

While you are about check out the orgs and what not around the site. There is lots to see and lots to do here.

Guest Egwene

Welcome to Dragonmount, Nioh :D

Why don't you post your own thread here, so you get a really thourough welcome!

If you have not yet finished the first read of the series, it may be better to avoid the WoT Discussion Boards, you'll find them full of spoilers for the later books. Check out the info thread here on the Newbie Board for ways on how to avoid spoilers, yet still discuss the books.

Have fun :P

• Administrator

Hi there,

The FAQ at DM is generally designed to be a Q&A. Once you submit a question, we reply within a day or two. Most of the questions all have to do with the earlier books. It hardly seems like we get questions about the events in the later ones. If you have a specific question, please send it in!

Besides the FAQ, we do intend to add some features to the site to have more specific WoT info.

J

That FAQ is maintained by Leigh Butler. She plans to update it someday, but hasn't said when. It's mainly an amalgamation of discussion from the rasfwrj newsgroup, which has become mostly dormant in the last few years. It's possible that it'll never be updated.

• Administrator

Which is a real shame, because that FAQ used to be the end-all-be-all WoT location on the 'net.

Then we showed up. Ba-wahahahaha!

j/k

I've met Leigh before and she's awesome. I also hope they find time to update things.

J

Archived