DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in that case then you have been here about the same amount of time as me.  :D

Be sure to post yourself a thread where people can come to say hi. 

If you are interested in RP they have that down near the bottom of the page. 

If you like conversation that isn't directly about the books then I suggest the Org's.  They each have their own theme.  Band of the Red Hand=Travel&Music, Wolfkin=Nature, Ogier=books, Seanchan=entertainment, and so on.  Check each one out and see where you feel you might fit in.  Some are very laid back, while others have a structure to them....but they are all pretty fun. 

I should know as I am in almost all of them...lol.

Welcome to DM!

Do as Sam says and make your own thread. But if you don't do that, check out the Band of the Red Hand ORG, DM's very own music and travel ORG. It's a great place to have fun and make friends.

But whatever you do at DM< have fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I haven't been reading the series for very long  :-[ only since about last December however i am already hooked. I am only 17 but i am an avid reader and thoroughly enjoy the Wheel Of Time series. I look forward to getting to know you all and being a part of the Dragonmount community. ;D

Regards, Bloodbane15

I've been enjoying WoT for the last 2 or so years.  As a child i learned to read w/ Lloyd Alexander's Prydain series, 20k Under the Sea, and was fortunately blessed w/ imagination and a yard full of sticks and rocks.  I have always been an avid reader, but that dropped off for a couple years due to picking up drums and being in bands.  In 03 I got a job that gave me ample opportunity to read, as indeed there wasn't a lot to do being an auto parts gophur.  In that time I read The Adept series, both Watership Down books, Imagika, Raptor and countless other novels.  I don't remember what made me start WoT (sounds funny if you say it) but i was hooked.  taking small breaks b/w groupings of the books, I only have KoD and New Spring to read.  I was planning on starting KoD just prior to MoL's impending release but as it's over a year away, I will start it after I finish Children of Dune.

Im 24, and in addition to reading I am very into music mainly progressive/black/folk/thrash/epic/viking/death/melodic metal.  I collect music and pass it on to friends and even sometimes total strangers.  Heavy metal provides a musical aesthetic that combines well w/ other genres such as folk, classical, prog, psychadelia and even polka.  Recommended bands; for metal w/ LOTS of non-metal influences Opeth, maudlin of the Well, Anglagard, Ulver, Borknagar, While Heaven Wept.  I also listen to Sinatra, some country, rocknroll, classical, bluegrass and reggae.  I don't watch tv, but view series on DVD;  The Sopranos, Rome, Trailer Park Boys, Family Guy, South Park.  I enjoy going outside, eating and sleeping, which kind of makes me a glorified dog.

I love all the books, was genuinely sad for RJ's passing (Ive become quite attached to his world and people) and as of today decided to converse w/ others who enjoy the same.  If my post is rambling, it's b/c im at work and it has taken me over an hour now to type these lines.

Welcome, Bloodbayne and No Funeral.

If you have not done so you should post a welcome thread to get yourselves properly introduced. 

There is lots to be had.  If you are looking for information on the books, it is here or linked from here.  There is a general area for conversations that are not themed.  This is the area where you will find the WoT book discussions.  In the Org section you will find community areas that carry some themes(Wolfkin=Nature, Ogier=Books, BandotRedHand=Music/Travel, Seanchan=Movies/TV/VGames), be sure to look around.  Finally there is the Role Play aspect of the boards.  If RP is what you are after you will find lots of it there.  Have fun, see ya around. 

Archived