A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jason's Welcome Leftovers.

Editor Ben aka Ben2

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest silver89

Welcome heronsmark.

The 4th age also lead me here and let me tell you dragonmount.com is highly addictive, so have fun and enjoy yourself.

Hi:) My name is Martin Ø. Imregh. I'm from a small town in Norway an 16 years old .People may call me young but I've read more books than most 16yrs old teenagers. It's not so long since I started reading WoT (about a year or so), but I've gone through them all ;D.. But I'm new to this and still much much more to read and learn ;D

Hey Sefiros, those questions might be better answered in the General Discussion or the General WoT discussion.

And hi there Alibeth, you've come to the right place, as we're all hooked to WoT here.

Both of you feel free to start your own welcome thread, and be sure to look around at the various forums to see where you fit in best! (no doubt you will fit in somewhere)

A very somber hi to everybody,

I'm a Huge WoT fan from Kuwait and the love for WoT runs through the family. I was introduced to the series through my brother, and my sister has read it as well.

Thank you for this great site,

Thank you Jason,

and most of all Thank you RJ, Harriet and Wilson,

May God Bless you RJ

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Harriet and Wilson

May you all find water and shade

Bojous

I have been reading Rogert Jordon for a short time and was looking for more information on him when i came across this website. I am so very sorry for his passing. He is one of the most gifted individuals i have ever read. I regret i will not have the opportunity to meet him other than thru his writing, even though i never met him he will be very missed

Hi everyone, i just stumbled across this site today when i in desperation tried to find some facts after hearing that Robert Jordan had passed away.. This is sad indeed,

it was over 10 years ago i ran to all my friends lending out the amazing books i ran across by accident in a library and really stuck to my heart and soul ever since.

Today we are over 15 friends who whenever we meet always come to the subject of discussing whatever we read or re-read now and then. Hes great writing has given me alot and I hope that he gets rewarded wherever he is now for being so noble to tell hes notes and the ending to hes family before he died, and for sacrificing so much lifetime and health in writing a such a great story for the rest of us to read and enjoy.

I wish i would have known about this site earlier :(

David Nilsson from Sweden

Jason here. Relocated Texan to Utah though in my head I still am in Texas. Help run an online Wheel of Time based game, but love the community and fellow fans. Needless to say, I enjoy the books and read them multiple times for fun and necessity.

I have lurked DM for a couple of years, but the passing of RJ brought me to try and connect a bit more with those in the WoT community.

Guest silver89

Welcome all, glad to see you all here at DM. You'll have heaps of fun here, so enjoy.

Also start you own welcome thread so that everyone can welcome you to your new home. :)

Hello from the Midwest,

I was always an avid reader as a teen/young adult.  During high school I would often read up to three books at a time.  In 1992 I stumbled upon a trade paperback (Large paperback) of "The Eye of the World."  I read the book in two sittings and thouroughly enjoyed it.  I had no idea that there were more until I mentioned the book at a D&D session.  Well I rushed right out and got 1-5 in small paperback. 

I have re-read the entire series with the release of each new book 6-11 and Prequel.  I thought that I was unique in that aspect, But I am finding that Jordan fans are known for this activity. 

As of yet I have not read Knife of Dreams (Holding off until closer to the release of book 12.  Plus I was reading the "Left Behind" Series, "The Saga of Recluse" books, and the "People of the Wolf" Series.  I was morbidly shocked at the loss of Robert Jordan. 

Not having been a member of his many fan sites until now, I found out on MSN.com.  Selfishly one of my first thoughts was, "Will there be a conclusion to the epic?"  Sincerely though my heart goes out to his loved ones. 

Hello all. I've been coming to this site for a while now and just decided that I should join.  I just started reading the series last year but I am totally in love with it.  I am currently reading book 10.  Anyway I'm really excited to finally be apart of the site.  Look forward to talking with you all.

Hi All from West Oz

I've also been hanging around reading the blogs for some time and finally decided to take the plunge and join in.  I've also been reading the books for sometime, first got into them as a release from a VERY stressful job and have loved everyone of them ever since.

Hi!

I´m also quite new here and I must say it´s a really great site! A lot of the topics just makes you re-read the books to think stuff over. It really saddenes me to hear about RJ´s passing away! He really was an impressive writer. And just all those names... It´s amazing to think of all these different people who maybe are just there one time and still they have a lot of attributes tied to them. It´s just, Wow!

Hopefully we´ll meet in the forums!

K

Hi, I'm new here and I have absolutely no idea what to do.  Originally I was trying to find out what happened to Silklantern and found this place instead.  By the way, does any one know what happened to "silklantern"?  Last I knew they had made some changes that turned out just awful so I didn't visit for quite a long time.  Now it seems like they're just, gone.  If anybody knows anything about this will you please tell me.  My email is coriamalfoy@yahoo.com; please put WOT or Silklantern as part of the subject line.

And if anyone can give me just a brief over-view of how to get started here - I hate reading pages and pages of stuff - I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bavia

Hi, I am an avid reader of Mr Jordan's novels and I am a huge fan, I was really saddened to learn that he has passed away, and I am truly sorry to hear of this. I am sending my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I guess the wheel of time truly passes. I so do love his novels. Yours truly. Andre Hubbard

Greetings All,

I'm new to Dragonmount though I'm not new to WoT or to posting obsessively online about WoT.  I've been a member over at Theoryland for over 4 years now and I've been reading WoT for probably going on 13 or 14 years.  I'm 26, live in Vermont, ex-military, and I love WoT, Baseball, History (my major/degree) and all sorts of other things.  For an explanation of my Username:  Its the same one I have at Theoryland so I figured why change what works.  The 93 is not the year I was born or graduated or anything like that...its simply the number I've always worn when playing sports (hockey and football in HS).  I honestly don't know how much I'll post here but I figured it was time to expand my online profile concerning WoT.  Also, I've heard lots of good things about Jason's site from others at Theoryland.

Best Regards,

Davian

Archived