DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Season 2 - I WATCHED ALL THE EPISODES TOPIC

SinisterDeath

2 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

I’m confused about pacing.  I thought going in to this season that this was supposed to be books 2 and 3.  Yet we are seemingly going to finish right where 2 finishes.  Are they going to conflate Falme and Tear, or maybe rush Tear to start Season 3 and out to The Wastes from there?

No way they can possibly do Falme AND Tear in the Season finale

Would be more probable to have first half S3 Tear an second half Aiel wastes

5-6 S4

7-8 S5

9-10 S6

and so on up to S8

It would not be an impossible feat, they might ask Lan to study how to do it

4 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

I’m confused about pacing.  I thought going in to this season that this was supposed to be books 2 and 3.  Yet we are seemingly going to finish right where 2 finishes.  Are they going to conflate Falme and Tear, or maybe rush Tear to start Season 3 and out to The Wastes from there?

I'm hoping for Tear/Callandor in S3E1 then off to the Waste. We could get a conflation of Falme and Tear this season. But I think it's most likely they come back to Tear/Callandor after Rand becomes Car'a'carn.

25 minutes ago, Kaleb said:

I'm hoping for Tear/Callandor in S3E1 then off to the Waste. We could get a conflation of Falme and Tear this season. But I think it's most likely they come back to Tear/Callandor after Rand becomes Car'a'carn.

It would make the Aiel taking the Stone a very different thing. But, yeah. Feels like the most apt way to handle it. Again, not even entirely sure that Callandor will be part of the show at all.

32 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

I had the same impression. I guess they could try to just do the first few books in full, then absolutely just condense/remove much of the back half. But my thoughts are yours. They could do Tear very early next season. Much of the journeys these characters have been on developmentally have incorporated parts of book three, even if the actual plot events have not yet been brought forward. Then dive into the Wastes. Or maybe Callandor will be pushed back quite of bit, out of order, or not see it at all. Maybe merge it with the great sa'angreal so there's only one that Rand uses.

I'm just spit balling.

• Community Administrator
53 minutes ago, Mirefox said:

17 minutes ago, Agitel said:

I had the same impression. I guess they could try to just do the first few books in full, then absolutely just condense/remove much of the back half. But my thoughts are yours. They could do Tear very early next season. Much of the journeys these characters have been on developmentally have incorporated parts of book three, even if the actual plot events have not yet been brought forward. Then dive into the Wastes. Or maybe Callandor will be pushed back quite of bit, out of order, or not see it at all. Maybe merge it with the great sa'angreal so there's only one that Rand uses.

I'm just spit balling.

Best explanation I got...
Book 2 we got Perrin hunting the Horn.
Book 3 we got Rand's solo journey where he does some shit and then declares himself the Dragon.
Book 2 we get Moiraine doing some off-screen "Research" before finding Rand.
Books 2 & 3 the girls escape the tower and get kidnapped by the Black Ajah and held prisoner. Egwene get's taken captive by the Seanchan.
Book 2&3 Mat escapes the Tower and rescues the girls and blows the horn and blows shit up.

38 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Best explanation I got...
Book 2 we got Perrin hunting the Horn.
Book 3 we got Rand's solo journey where he does some shit and then declares himself the Dragon.
Book 2 we get Moiraine doing some off-screen "Research" before finding Rand.
Books 2 & 3 the girls escape the tower and get kidnapped by the Black Ajah and held prisoner. Egwene get's taken captive by the Seanchan.
Book 2&3 Mat escapes the Tower and rescues the girls and blows the horn and blows shit up.

Pretty much this, next season I image we will have Rand Mat and Egwene head to the waste, Perrin head to the TR, and I am not sure what journey they will send Nynaeve and Elayne on.  I think we will get the Stone and Callandor after season 3 possbily in the place of Carhien if they have the Shaido cross the dragonwall.

I imagine there are better people than I who could plot that path.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, DreadLord31 said:

But, even with girded loins, there’s still a lot that is hard to swallow as a book fan: Matt doing nothing; Min being completely “off”; Rand doing nothing (and sleeping with Selene); Logain is gonna be Rand’s teacher (and you took 3 episodes to set that up?); Perrin doing, basically, nothing; Elyas is gonna start teaching him at some point? (and you took three episodes to set that up?); Uno is dead; Liandrin gets the most screen time (it feels like)??; Liandrin is gonna be Nynaeve’s teacher? (And you took 3 episodes to set that up?);

This series is based upon Robert Jordan's books.  Of course the plot takes long to develop.  Jordan's plots took so long to develop he died before he finished the books.

On 9/29/2023 at 4:43 PM, fra85uk said:

No way they can possibly do Falme AND Tear in the Season finale

Would be more probable to have first half S3 Tear an second half Aiel wastes

5-6 S4

7-8 S5

9-10 S6

and so on up to S8

It would not be an impossible feat, they might ask Lan to study how to do it

In WoTPrime instead of googling something you just Mandragoran it. The warder order has a secret name only spoken amongst themselves. Alphabet.

Can anyone succinctly explain what Lan's mistake was that he apologized about to Mo and will never repeat?   Not liking Lan is hard on me and I want to understand.  

2 hours ago, Guire said:

Can anyone succinctly explain what Lan's mistake was that he apologized about to Mo and will never repeat?   Not liking Lan is hard on me and I want to understand.  

It made no sense at all, Lan being honorable and taking the blame for some odd reason. At this point I no longer pay attention to Lan he is beyond redemption. I am just rooting for getting to see his head floating in a trolloc cook pot. Anything less wont matter to me.

5 minutes ago, Rhaze said:

It made no sense at all, Lan being honorable and taking the blame for some odd reason. At this point I no longer pay attention to Lan he is beyond redemption. I am just rooting for getting to see his head floating in a trolloc cook pot. Anything less wont matter to me.

Considering my wife's favorite son-in-law looks like Lan's stunt double the head in pot may go down rough in my house.  You are not wrong though.

15 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

It would make the Aiel taking the Stone a very different thing. But, yeah. Feels like the most apt way to handle it. Again, not even entirely sure that Callandor will be part of the show at all.

maybe callandor will be in falme?

or maybe they will get it later. after all, it was very underwhelming in the books that rand got a super powerful saangreal and never did anything with it for several books.

12 hours ago, Guire said:

as a warder, lan's job is to protect moiraine. he sees not realizing she was shielded to be a failure of his

Loved Egwene being mostly silent til her death threat and also love Renna being clearly hurt. Rennas actress has actually been brilliant in her subtle play of the role.

I'm gonna say it. The show does its villians better than the books did. Thats not to say the show doesnt have problems.... but yeah between liandrin, lanfear and renna i honestly think they are better than their book eiquivalents.

I think a show lives or dies by how good its villains are.  Go, Lanfear! 😛

On 9/29/2023 at 8:04 PM, Guire said:

I think it was just his way of saying "I love you, sis, and even if you're a prat you're not getting rid of me".

On 9/29/2023 at 6:12 PM, Skipp said:

Pretty much this, next season I image we will have Rand Mat and Egwene head to the waste, Perrin head to the TR, and I am not sure what journey they will send Nynaeve and Elayne on.  I think we will get the Stone and Callandor after season 3 possbily in the place of Carhien if they have the Shaido cross the dragonwall.

I imagine there are better people than I who could plot that path.

I think we get Tear in 2 episodes (Callandor, Doorway, Faile / Berelain, Invasion) , then they split up as you listed. Nyn and Elayne sneak take a certain something something back to the Tower, setting up their rat catching escapades in the Tower before heading to Tanchico. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:24 PM, Rhaze said:

He failed her by letting her drive him away from his duty as a warder to protect her from any danger, and from herself. He also put personal pleasure ahead of protecting her at the end of season 1, and it cost her months of pain. So take your pick. 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, Mirefox said:

Rafe said that it was going to emotionally be books 2 and 3 and I think it was Sarah said there is a lot of repetition between the 2 which is all being cut so I don’t think we are getting tear at all. 

On 9/29/2023 at 7:04 PM, Guire said:

He asked her about if she thought of killing herself, even talking about stilling or those that had been was considered impolite. 
If she had then that is an important question, but a personal one, if she hadn't then he is apologizing for having to ask. 

25 minutes ago, Windigo said:

He asked her about if she thought of killing herself, even talking about stilling or those that had been was considered impolite. 
If she had then that is an important question, but a personal one, if she hadn't then he is apologizing for having to ask. 

This. Also, he’s apologizing for allowing her to drive him away. He should not have turned his back on his duty. Which is the first really “book Lan” thing I’ve seen. 

5 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Maybe instead of the Bowl of the Winds, the wonder girls can be hunting for Callandor. You could do some very interesting things with that and then have everybody legitimately wondering whether Rand ought to have it at all during the Last Battle. 

or better, yet, it gets combined with the Male a'dam they find.