DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

So did voodoo, but that's cause the vote's what engaged them.  SD I just don't know at all.  We'll see, but it takes time.  Honestly there's enough good stuff sitting in thread rn for people to start making some substantive thoughts tomorrow. 

Just now, Darthe said:

So did voodoo, but that's cause the vote's what engaged them.  SD I just don't know at all.  We'll see, but it takes time.  Honestly there's enough good stuff sitting in thread rn for people to start making some substantive thoughts tomorrow. 

Agree 100% 

Also only played 1 with SD sane gane as voodoo I'm thinking maybe I played with SD oncebefore along time ago but I don't recall.  I helped got him ML last game D1...he was the Doc...I was just honoring DM traditions ofc....lololokil

Good Morning GIF

I’m putting Darthe firmly in my town pile for now. I liked his back and forth with Voodoo. AJ can sit lower in there for now as well. 

No reads on too many people still. 

Unsure how I feel about Tripped. I’m wary, but that might be because I’ve never played with them before. To answer your question though on which alignment I prefer it used to be scum/3p, but then I somehow rolled scum like 13 times in a row and went a bit crazy lol. I actually like multi-faction games the best or some interesting mechanic. Not a big fan of kitchen sink games unless the roles all have some sort of counter/balance. 

Not sure how much I’ll be around today. I’m either going to the beach or to play mini-golf as it’s our last day of vacation before going back to work tomorrow. I’ll be around tomorrow before the deadline, not sure how long it will take me to dig out of emails though lol

9 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Still salty? lmao

Absolutely!

6 hours ago, Darthe said:

Yeah Zander mentioned he didn't know how to read you.  Dunno sinister, so that's not much value.  Dice may be able to give some insight though, so that's good.  I had thought you said something about Hally and Clov but that was sinister.

IYO what's a townie supposed to look like?

I was scum that game so my view of him was skewed that way.

What Zander has said is accurate of how he played

14 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Literally couldn't care any less about Leelou's unvote but think Darthe's reaction to it is probably townie?  

If you're feeling froggy, Darthe is like 95% town and 5% scum with Zander specifically.

I don’t know what “feeling froggy” means but I give this post +2 ribbits

8 hours ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I think right now I'm feel mostly okay with leelou, hallia, maybe darthe because he's at least been around and asking questions.  i've never seen mafia darthe, but idk if mafia darthe wouldn't bother mentioning being annoyed about people not posting and he seems like he's trying to sort people out.

I think leelou and hallia have both felt pretty natural/comfortable in the thread and particularly in leelou's case, i'm not sure someone coming back from a 3 year mafia hiatus would necessarily vibe that way as mafia.  That said, i have no idea if they have an alignment preference or if they are exceptionally good as mafia, so lmk if that's a bad take.

AJ seems ~okay, but he definitely fooled me pretty hard in Corey's game when he was teamed with hallia.  I think it's a ~good look for him to question some of the town reads on him, especially if he thinks they aren't deserved.

zander is zander.  He seems okay so far.  Nothing he's doing seems particularly agenday, but it's still early.  I feel like the game I spectated, I got more...idk...slippery vibes from him later in the game.  @Hallia do you have a decent track record reading zander?  What about darthe? 

Chris is hard for me to read because he and I think similarly and sounds reasonable as either alignment, so I tend to judge him based on his actions more than what he says.

hi tripped! 

i like this post a lot and its a pretty good summary of how i felt about the thread at this moment

some stuff that came to mind reading it -

i am more comfortable with darthe rn than i usually let myself be. he’s good enough to do the ‘helpful villager’ bit as a wolf but there have been observations he’s made that have rang particularly true and i can roll with it

im no great leelou reader and while a lot of people have noted her comfort i particularly think her interactions with zander have been villagery

hallia’s got the good vibes - im not sure id say she feels comfortable the way leelou has, in the sense leelou is reacting to the game in real time with off the cuff thoughts - as zander noted sometime back, this is a good indicator she is either town or has a fun mafia team to work with (glgl)

nothing from AJ has pushed me either way yet. he seems a little subdued but it could just be me

i’m a little higher on Z, i’d have him in light green, his post volume being a nonfactor in this read. my impression from his start is that he is making a genuine effort to find other villagers

1 hour ago, Cory Caboose said:

Through page 8 and kind of jealous I’m never let into aj & hallia’s wolfchats 💔

sooh pls

Are these independent reads or based on interactions?  I actually read back and have THOTS but want to hear your take first.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

Are these independent reads or based on interactions?  I actually read back and have THOTS but want to hear your take first.

I can’t technically say what it is on DragonMount (perhaps it could be referred to as a “poop post”?) but its not to be taken seriously unless later on I say it was serious

7 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

@Clovdyx I didn’t have much of an opinion on Tripped this game until the above post - am I silly for thinking its villagery?

@Zander? If you pierce through the hazy storm clouds of potential future embarrassment and impenetrable doubt, what is your best guess at Clov’s alignment?

Short answer - no. 

Long answer is it's more complicated than a yes/no.  Nothing there is wrong, per se - it's just really cookie cutter, both in terms of the game and general mafiahood.  Darthe, Leelou, and Hallia are fairly consensus villagers (I'll take, "Things people didn't say in 2016" for $600, Alex), and treating Zander and me the way that people -including her - tend to treat Zander and me doesn't really mean anything to me.

That said, consensus reads tend to be consensus for a reason, so please don't act like I'm saying it's a bad thing she's reaching conclusions that I think most people would probably make. 

I'm pretty sure the justifications she gave are thoughts Town!Tripped would have, even if I disagree with some of them (namely what mafia!Darthe would do and whether AJ would argue against undeserved townreads as scum).  I don't think she's given out a single read and forced herself to justify it with nonsense.  I just don't think most of the points there are things she wouldn't be able to say as mafia.

I did think her point about Leelou specifically being really at ease for someone that hasn't played in such a long time had a lot of merit - if anything she's said this game has been particularly townie for her, it's that IMO.  

The scummiest is implying I have a crush on Taylor Swift for the forty-third time this week.  

8 hours ago, Darthe said:

Yeah I got that lol.  This feels like I lost two hours of life.  Could still be wolfin tbh, but newness just muddles the whole thing.

Meant to reply to this earlier and saw it again when Cory made me re-read - I'd actually be pretty damn surprised at this point.  I think a new player going after somebody that's gunning hard for them and then immediately dropping it because the other person stepped back first is >>>> rand to be town.  I can't count the number of inexperienced players whose initial response to aggression is  "Well, I'm town and they're trying to get me lynched, so they're probably mafia." -> "Oh, they backed off, maybe they're town."

Also I was not prepared for this to rub me the wrong way when looking for AJ/Hallia interactions but here we are.

10 hours ago, whiskey delta said:

which makes me think of what a scary combo that would be but also great if both are townies

I don't know if it's the verbiage or the thought I'm skeptical of. 

Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful

Oh good Cory’s here.  That post you made about tripped is valid, but if tripped isn’t underperforming for how present they are then I don’t have a read.  Really don’t wanna lynch a verbal or similar shot in the dark today. 

and clov, I don’t have a question here but I wanna see you pursue that thought line more re: the whiskey delta post about alignment combos

22 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

Meant to reply to this earlier and saw it again when Cory made me re-read - I'd actually be pretty damn surprised at this point.  I think a new player going after somebody that's gunning hard for them and then immediately dropping it because the other person stepped back first is >>>> rand to be town.  I can't count the number of inexperienced players whose initial response to aggression is  "Well, I'm town and they're trying to get me lynched, so they're probably mafia." -> "Oh, they backed off, maybe they're town."

I would tend to agree with this and had similar thoughts when i was reading. 

4 minutes ago, Darthe said:

Oh good Cory’s here.  That post you made about tripped is valid, but if tripped isn’t underperforming for how present they are then I don’t have a read.  Really don’t wanna lynch a verbal or similar shot in the dark today. 

and clov, I don’t have a question here but I wanna see you pursue that thought line more re: the whiskey delta post about alignment combos

If you mean what I asked Cory about, pretty straightforward tbh - I wasn't sure if he was specifically saying their early interactions gave them teammate equity or he thought, separately, AJ was scummy and Hallia was scummy.  I asked because I couldn't remember them interacting at all through the early pages of the game, and when I re-read, I got this:

21 hours ago, Hallia said:

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

21 hours ago, whiskey delta said:

Checkmated by Hallia 💀 

20 hours ago, Hallia said:

I would like it to be known that AJ tried to murder me via heart attack, that is all.

Clearly a wolf.

There's probably an argument to be made that Mafia!Hallia feels more comfortable joking around with someone that she knows isn't going to light her on fire, but mostly I didn't think it meant anything for their alignments.

If they were independent reads, Hallia had done nothing to move the needle for me whatsoever through the first several pages but AJ was at least mildly townie so Cory thinking he was scummy was a big ??? moment.