DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I do appreciate that you've learned a lot this game, and I hope you take at least some of that with you if/when you play again. 

I'm going to get 1shot so fast the next game I play just applying what I know now. lmao

7 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

Thanks @TrippedOnReality! I had a lot of fun playing with you all. It was a steep learning curve, but I feel better prepared for the next game.

wolf dancing GIF

I'm glad you had fun!  Like I said, you did really well.  I thought D3 was probably your strongest day.  It takes a lot to go toe to toe with a noisy towny and walk away from it thinking they are still town.  There are vets who still struggle with that.  The fact that you correctly recognized both darthe and hallia were town and wanted to throw away the wagons and start fresh was pretty impressive, even in the face of darthe and AJ pushing for wagons between them.  Mechanical what they were suggesting would have been the correct play if there had been 3 mafia.  But that's what makes closed games fun/challenging.  There's an element of not know what roles are in the game.

I also thought you brought a lot of humor to the game which I appreciated as someone who usually takes the game probably a little too seriously.

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

After looking at some of the discord chat, I do have to say:

On D1 when I posted Verbal could be a role like vig or doc to punish players for lynching him D1, that was all predicated on the idea that Game Mods would curate teams to create an engaging/challenging experience. Clearly that's not the case, and I was wrong about that.

I did not mean to offend, or insult anyone with those posts, that was never my intention.
If any of you felt insulted or offended by any of those posts, I sincerely apologize. 
I also apologize if any of you felt like my presence in this game was in any way disruptive, frustrating, etc.

I also apologize for angleshooting. That wasn't my intention. I legitimately thought the game was over and Sooh was torturing us! I should have PM'd Sooh (or Cass) instead of posting in this topic. I'll make sure not to do this in the future, nor let other players that talked during night phase (or dead) lead me into thinking I can do that to.

As for how much Mafia I've played?
A decade ago, I played a handful of Mafia games. I think Alys Kinch? was the one that suckered me into playing. I can't remember how many games I played exactly, I just know that 95% of the games, I was lynched D1 because "lol, his username is SD. Totally wolf". Getting lynched D1 multiple times for next to no reason, made Mafia unfun, so I just didn't join a game again for another decade.

My recommendations if you all keep playing Mafia on DM.

• Create a good rules topic and not just a link to the mafia wiki. Include rules newbies won't know.
  • Create a topic about do's and don'ts Which can include things non-mafia people won't know about mafia "culture". It's like going to India and using your left hand to eat. Locals may find that extremely offensive, and unless you happened to research that exact topic, you may not know why.
  • Have a list of acronyms somewhere!
  • For the love of the light, please use people's forum Usernames. Not everyone is going to know everyone's IRL name.

I also wanted to mention that when I thought Verb was a special role like Doc or Vig. I also grouped wolf in with special roles. Verb, Tripped, VooDoo, and Darthe were on my internal sus list. By the time D2/3 hit, I think had I even tried voting Verbal I would have been wagoned pretty fast. In retrospect, ya'll should have lynched me D2 when I self voted. 😉 

Wait til you find out I gave reads using real names on people that weren't even in the game

4 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

After looking at some of the discord chat, I do have to say:

On D1 when I posted Verbal could be a role like vig or doc to punish players for lynching him D1, that was all predicated on the idea that Game Mods would curate teams to create an engaging/challenging experience. Clearly that's not the case, and I was wrong about that.

I did not mean to offend, or insult anyone with those posts, that was never my intention.
If any of you felt insulted or offended by any of those posts, I sincerely apologize. 
I also apologize if any of you felt like my presence in this game was in any way disruptive, frustrating, etc.

I also apologize for angleshooting. That wasn't my intention. I legitimately thought the game was over and Sooh was torturing us! I should have PM'd Sooh (or Cass) instead of posting in this topic. I'll make sure not to do this in the future, nor let other players that talked during night phase (or dead) lead me into thinking I can do that to.

As for how much Mafia I've played?
A decade ago, I played a handful of Mafia games. I think Alys Kinch? was the one that suckered me into playing. I can't remember how many games I played exactly, I just know that 95% of the games, I was lynched D1 because "lol, his username is SD. Totally wolf". Getting lynched D1 multiple times for next to no reason, made Mafia unfun, so I just didn't join a game again for another decade.

My recommendations if you all keep playing Mafia on DM.

• Create a good rules topic and not just a link to the mafia wiki. Include rules newbies won't know.
  • Create a topic about do's and don'ts Which can include things non-mafia people won't know about mafia "culture". It's like going to India and using your left hand to eat. Locals may find that extremely offensive, and unless you happened to research that exact topic, you may not know why.
  • Have a list of acronyms somewhere!
  • For the love of the light, please use people's forum Usernames. Not everyone is going to know everyone's IRL name.

I also wanted to mention that when I thought Verb was a special role like Doc or Vig. I also grouped wolf in with special roles. Verb, Tripped, VooDoo, and Darthe were on my internal sus list. By the time D2/3 hit, I think had I even tried voting Verbal I would have been wagoned pretty fast. In retrospect, ya'll should have lynched me D2 when I self voted. 😉 

These are good suggestions, even for not newbies. 

5 hours ago, VooDooNut said:

Thanks @TrippedOnReality! I had a lot of fun playing with you all. It was a steep learning curve, but I feel better prepared for the next game.

It's absolutely a blast to watch you play, glad you found us, had fun and will be hanging around!

Do you have access to the Discord chats yet? You have several mentions 😁