DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

29 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Well Verb ya kept your word D1 lololololol

I was absolutely certain all I did was buy myself a day at the most with my claim, and then my primary goal was to lolcat that lynch day and hope Tripped made it to f3.

In all honesty, I killed you to allow me to stay caught up on thread and participate more as the game went on.

14 minutes ago, Leelou said:

GG @Verbal32 and @TrippedOnReality

thank you for Modding @Sooh and for helping @Cass!! 

it was fun playing with you all, but I can’t wait for my opportunity to write death scenes for Darthe ❤️ 

He's come a long way from the days of Resident Evil......

• Community Administrator

After looking at some of the discord chat, I do have to say:

On D1 when I posted Verbal could be a role like vig or doc to punish players for lynching him D1, that was all predicated on the idea that Game Mods would curate teams to create an engaging/challenging experience. Clearly that's not the case, and I was wrong about that.

I did not mean to offend, or insult anyone with those posts, that was never my intention.
If any of you felt insulted or offended by any of those posts, I sincerely apologize. 
I also apologize if any of you felt like my presence in this game was in any way disruptive, frustrating, etc.

I also apologize for angleshooting. That wasn't my intention. I legitimately thought the game was over and Sooh was torturing us! I should have PM'd Sooh (or Cass) instead of posting in this topic. I'll make sure not to do this in the future, nor let other players that talked during night phase (or dead) lead me into thinking I can do that to.

As for how much Mafia I've played?
A decade ago, I played a handful of Mafia games. I think Alys Kinch? was the one that suckered me into playing. I can't remember how many games I played exactly, I just know that 95% of the games, I was lynched D1 because "lol, his username is SD. Totally wolf". Getting lynched D1 multiple times for next to no reason, made Mafia unfun, so I just didn't join a game again for another decade.

My recommendations if you all keep playing Mafia on DM.

• Create a good rules topic and not just a link to the mafia wiki. Include rules newbies won't know.
  • Create a topic about do's and don'ts Which can include things non-mafia people won't know about mafia "culture". It's like going to India and using your left hand to eat. Locals may find that extremely offensive, and unless you happened to research that exact topic, you may not know why.
  • Have a list of acronyms somewhere!
  • For the love of the light, please use people's forum Usernames. Not everyone is going to know everyone's IRL name.

I also wanted to mention that when I thought Verb was a special role like Doc or Vig. I also grouped wolf in with special roles. Verb, Tripped, VooDoo, and Darthe were on my internal sus list. By the time D2/3 hit, I think had I even tried voting Verbal I would have been wagoned pretty fast. In retrospect, ya'll should have lynched me D2 when I self voted. 😉 

37 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

@Verbal32 What's your thoughts on Merging Fiddlesticks into "Forum games" and opening it to the "public"?

Merging Fiddles - maybe when we have more people around.  I vote we keep it simple at first.

As for opening to the public and not needing the mafia badge thing, I totally vote in favor of that.

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, Verbal32 said:

Merging Fiddles - maybe when we have more people around.  I vote we keep it simple at first.

As for opening to the public and not needing the mafia badge thing, I totally vote in favor of that.

Well the idea was to basically just move all the fiddle threads here, delete fiddles, and open this to public so all forum games, not just Mafia can be here. 😉 

If we want to keep it simple like you say, we can easily remove the "badge" requirement.
Or just make it so people can view but not reply unless they have the badge. 😄 

45 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

I also apologize for angleshooting. That wasn't my intention. I legitimately thought the game was over and Sooh was torturing us! I should have PM'd Sooh (or Cass) instead of posting in this topic. I'll make sure not to do this in the future, nor let other players that talked during night phase (or dead) lead me into thinking I can do that to.

I didn't think it was your intention with your after deadline post to do anything wrong.  And you didn't necessarily angleshoot.  Other people could have angleshot by using your after deadline post to make a read on you, which was our concern.

In the future, if you have questions like that, especially after deadline, but mostly in general, contact the moderator through PMs so that those types of situations don't happen going forward. 

I do appreciate that you've learned a lot this game, and I hope you take at least some of that with you if/when you play again.