DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bonus Content

WhiteVeils

Lorne Balfe's crazy prophetic Age of Legends rock opera concept was probably my favorite thing about this show.

Until today.

This is pretty much beyond my wildest dreams of the lengths they would go for fans of the books. And for new people to introduce them to the world.

WOW!

Wow that looks really really cool. Love that they are doing this and love the animation style. Not gonna lie, as happy as I am to get a live-action series, I feel like I would be just as happy with an animated series that was more or less 100% faithful to the books. And that's not a knock on this production - I realize realistically to make a show of this magnitude they need to make changes and concessions. And while I might not agree with all of them, I've largely come around to be excited to see what things have been changed and how things will be brought to life

But anyways, I've seen quite a bit of a kinda-joking-but-also-kinda-serious sentiment among WoT fandom that it's basically an anime in literary form. And I know next to nothing about anime, but between the massive power battles, extraordinarily long and interwoven plot threads, Rand's harem, expansive lore, etc, I can definitely see it. Apparently there was a push to get WoT adapted as an anime years ago but Robert Jordan repeatedly shot it down

I actually figured they'd do this because of how good the Histories and Lore DVD extras were for Game of Thrones (it was especially great how Viserys and Robert never truly died but just kept narrating DVD extras all the way up to the end), but I love that they're using x-ray and it's available right away. X-ray is one of my favorite Prime Video features.

15 minutes ago, Wassup said:

I am making my daughter watch the show with me.  Now I have to make her watch these too.

Do you think they will show the EotW prologue in the series, in one of these animated stories, or just not show it?

I personally think we'll see it in a flashback at some point in the first couple of seasons. Just not as the series opener.

10 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Talk about attention to detail..

I seriously don't understand why some people won't even  give the show a chance before judging it as a bad adaptation.

It's been explained why in the other thread.

Attention to detail is great as long as it is the right detail. 

That said - it is really cool that they have produced these shorts for the back story. There is no doubt that they are investing massively in making the show a success.

Edited by Maximillion

1 hour ago, Maximillion said:

It's been explained why in the other thread.

I've stopped reading those other threads properly. Same stuff goes in circles. No matter what you think of rumors and out-of-context clips, why not give the show a chance? Then you can say "this sucks, what have they done" and stop watching and start giving actual feedback.

Edit. This is just generally, not you specific

Edited by DaddyFinn

47 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

I've stopped reading those other threads properly. Same stuff goes in circles. No matter what you think of rumors and out-of-context clips, why not give the show a chance? Then you can say "this sucks, what have they done" and stop watching and start giving actual feedback.

Edit. This is just generally, not you specific

Yes, I will be giving it a chance - a friend of mine is watching it and if she gives me the thumbs up after a few episodes I will watch and catch up.

I do think the backstory animations are an excellent idea and if they are done well, it will be great for non book readers.- I suspect a lot will watch them after series 1.

Edited by Maximillion

Well, it would be cooler to have all that stuff filmed, but to have an animation is definitely better than not. What worries me a little that we don't get much information about the Breaking in the books before the you-know-who visions in you-know-where. Can animation then be considered as a spoiler? Or there will be no visions in the show?..

13 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

you know, when you spell it like that, it gives the impression of your daughter tied to a chair with her eyes forced open, clockwork orange style...

I am going to buy eye drops to apply in between episodes. ?

I have been trying to get her to read TEotW for a year now. She reads a lot of YA type fantasy. I cannot get her to read this. I have even just asked her to read the first 5 chapters and tell me what she thinks. Nope. 

I showed her the trailer and she said she will watch it with me. I hope it is good enough for her to watch the whole series. 

I have not heard of Amazon xray. This is neat and something I will look for on other shows/movies.