DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

10 hours ago, DojoToad said:

WoT review

Thought this article was well thought out.

I share this article's two primary criticisms: the show "looks" fake and it strayed too far from the source material. The only difference I have with this writer is that he/she takes a more charitable view that Rafe & Crew simply made a mistake in relegating Rand to a side character in order to play up The Mystery. I see deliberate decisions to play up the female characters at the expense of the men. There were simply too many instances to not see a clear pattern emerging.

21 minutes ago, WoTwasThat said:

I share this article's two primary criticisms: the show "looks" fake and it strayed too far from the source material. The only difference I have with this writer is that he/she takes a more charitable view that Rafe & Crew simply made a mistake in relegating Rand to a side character in order to play up The Mystery. I see deliberate decisions to play up the female characters at the expense of the men. There were simply too many instances to not see a clear pattern emerging.

Definitely deliberate.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, DojoToad said:

Definitely deliberate.

I still cant tell if it was deliberate or just all the creativec types in writers room all have such a bubbled worldview that this is their reality.  I live in a very right wing locale and i see this play out from the opposite perspective frequently.  Doing a rewatch and scene of Mo and Rand entering the Blight hammered this point home.  Fal Dara has very mixed gender army, White Tower guards are now primarily women , reformed Tinker assasin is a woman.  Yet instead of saying young borderlanders die testing themselves in the blight, Mo had to emphasize that stupid young men come to the blight.  Cuz hey anyone can be anything in Rafeland, but only men can be stupid.  Amirite?

Edited by Guire
Left out text

3 hours ago, Andra said:

If the post-production time is the same for season 2 as it was for season 1, it should drop in November, as well.  Season 1 filming wrapped in May of 2021, and it premiered six months later.

If they delay the season 2 premier until early 2021, that should only mean they are spending more time on visual effects, or re-edits.

If it doesn't happen, it won't be because they can't.

S1 had the covid stop after they already filmed the first 6 episodes, and they started working on post-production already. on the other hand, S1 was ready a lot sooner than november.

I say we can't use past schedule to infer what they can or cannot do with editing time.

now, if I were them, since there isn't official confirmation for S3, I suspect they may want to check how successful is S2 before that, and in that case I'd push to release as soon as possible, so that the cast can resume filming sooner. this kind of project is long enough, the young actors entering their fourties before it ends is a distinct risk

Edited by king of nowhere

1 hour ago, Andra said:

Something I saw elsewhere, that I think would have gone well with that article:

51721905687_af515a1afc_o.jpg

Apparently at least some of the design for Tar Valon was also used for Shadar Logoth.

It’s pretty well known that TV and SD are the same set repurposed.

I remember how comically obvious it was back when the show was airing - they kinda just threw some plants and a camel in their and went, “it’s an exotic city now!”

14 minutes ago, Rmp said:

It’s pretty well known that TV and SD are the same set repurposed.

I remember how comically obvious it was back when the show was airing - they kinda just threw some plants and a camel in their and went, “it’s an exotic city now!”

And let's add some awnings and sunlight.

Now it's the most beautiful city in the world!

16 hours ago, Rmp said:

I didn't notice it, my brother didn't notice it, his girlfriend didn't notice it, and nobody of the people whom I asked about the show complained that they recycled the set, so it wasn't obvious.

Both cities being ogier-made can explain the similarities in-world

9 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

Jeez, this guy ripped the show apart in painstaking detail in this video.  

Wow!  This video was very well done.  Easy for me to say - as I agreed with much of what he said.  But I think he made some very good points about what worked and didn't work.  He changed my mind on a few things.  And he helped me understand better what was good and what wasn't in the episodes I never watched.

Question is: for those that liked the show, did any of what he said change your opinions on specifics or even an overall feeling for the show?

11 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Question is: for those that liked the show, did any of what he said change your opinions on specifics or even an overall feeling for the show?

I could go point by point and break down why I disagree and/or why it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the show but that would be tedious and I'd rather spend my time on fun things lol

1 minute ago, Nik said:

I could go point by point and break down why I disagree and/or why it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the show but that would be tedious and I'd rather spend my time on fun things lol

So you didn’t think it was a good review. All good

5 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

So you didn’t think it was a good review. All good

I think it's valid to dislike the show! No piece of media can please everyone and I can definitely see why some people didn't like it. I have criticisms too, and there are absolutely things I wish they'd done differently. But I still enjoyed it a lot. And saying it was objectively bad or that it "failed" seems dishonest when it was objectively an incredibly successful show which even book fans (not all, but definitely many) enjoyed.

Edited by Nik