DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trailer Drops Tomorrow

Guest Wolfbrother31

7 hours ago, Taishar Hawaii said:

I have to say, the scene when Egwene rises from the water with the stripes of color, the red running down her right side from her head down, and Rosamund Pike’s voice-over: ‘. . . and become LEGEND!’

Chills!! 

After watching it 30+ times I can confirm this is my favorite part of the trailer as well. The editing of that whole sequence with the images of EF and the EF5, then the warder crying over the ring, then Egwene emerging from the water, all synced with the voiceover... is just a masterpiece. That's an entire journey there in the span of a few seconds. 

• Community Administrator
10 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

no matter how accurate the description, i can see the characters in my head, but if i focus on the details, they are blank shapes. Blank faces, undefined clothes, the characters i see in my head are just shapes.

Et Tu?

What you describe is called Aphantasia.

It's also linked to not having an inner monologue. (Not literally hearing voices in your head)

6 hours ago, HeWhoRunsWithTheSpears said:

So much negativity in this thread. Guys/gals/whatever - you do realize they are making a freaking TV SHOW out of WoT!? Right? You all act like this is Creator-given. I’m not some studio schill but my lord, the amount of negativity before you’ve seen a single episode. Let’s what until season 7 before we pile on.

The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills

nah, the negativity is confined to a few people.

which, incidentally, have every right to not be hyped if they were hoping for a more faithful adaptation.

but the vast majority of us ranges from enthusiastic, to optimistic with reservations, to accepting that this is as good as we could ever reasonably hope to get.

10 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Et Tu?

What you describe is called Aphantasia.

It's also linked to not having an inner monologue. (Not literally hearing voices in your head)

no, aphantasia is a much more drastic condition. I can imagine a friend's face, or my house. I can visualize a book scene in my head if i've seen the movie and i could put faces to characters. And I keep running inner monologues. all stuff that people with genuine aphantasia can't do.

But I can't imagine anything more than a vague sketch from a book description and a bit of fan art. not unless i put hard concentration effort on it, and then i'm not seeing the whole scene anymore

Edited by king of nowhere

Guest Wolfbrother31
8 hours ago, Guire said:

The editing for dramatic effect is making me very hopeful they will get some of the big scenes right even if they get altered.  Maybe a shortened version of Weep for Manetheran, Ingtar's speech at Falme, a Tai'shar at the right moment.  The attention to detail will be very important to making this worthy of the books.

Yes. It was cut together very well! And really.... For the Book fans. 

I loved how they did a Wheel shape for the Bel Tine dance, cut to dead bodies in the shape of a wheel, cut to Hall of the Tower in the shape of a wheel. Anybody else catch that?

10 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

no, aphantasia is a much more drastic condition. I can imagine a friend's face, or my house. I can visualize a book scene in my head if i've seen the movie and i could put faces to characters.

But I can't do it from a book description and a bit of fan art. 

On the other hand, inner monologue comes very easily; I am more hearing-oriented.

*Shrugs*

It might have degrees of severity... Some have "face blindness", some don't. ?

Hell, for all we know there's another term entirely for it... It's like in art. There are those who can just imagine a face, and draw it. Then there are those who can only draw what they see, or know.

8 hours ago, Guire said:

Anyone know why Aiel is in crow's cage behind Mat with arrows stuck in chest?  Nod to Gaul scene that may be cut?  Reference to Fal Dara scene I don't remember?  

So I'm not 100% sure that is an Aiel, could just be a random villager - maybe a victim of the Whitecloaks. But, I think it's meant to evoke Min's "Aiel in a cage" vision for fans. Rafe has said that there will be some of Book 3 in the first season. I'm starting to think it's Gaul.

Theory: Perrin rescues Gaul when he and Egwene escape from the Whitecloaks. A scene of Whitecloaks mocking and torturing some captured Aiel could be used to familiarize us with "Aiel savages" and the cruelty of the Children. 

My favorite things about the trailer: Egwene in the pool is the iconic shot; the Fade's creepy mouth (it reminds me of the Mouth of Sauron). Like Lauren on the Unraveling the Pattern YouTube channel said - as long as the Fades are smart, I'm digging it.

I also really like the shot of Mat and Perrin hunched over alone in Shadar Logoth and the shot of Nynaeve protecting Egwene with her knife out. Oh, and the shot of Perrin backing away from the wolf.

I'm thinking we may not see Whitecloaks this season, and they'll be introduced in a later season and the antagonisms will be set up then. The show will probably want to limit the number of players in its first season. In their place, I expect to see Logain's followers and his "dragonsworn" turned bandits/rebels, who I don't think will be subdued yet, given Logain's increased prominence.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but the first book will be covered at quite a fast clip, and show watchers probably won't even be able to put names to faces that well for the the first season.

Edited by Agitel

Guest Wolfbrother31

Another thing I noticed in the trailer upon a 50th watch ... I think in the Logain breaking out of prison scene, an Aes Sedai uses the power to help propel Steppin into that double ax leap.

And, if you pause at the right point ... I think 1:44. You can see a Trolloc face as Lan stabs it.

And did anybody else notice the really clever nods to fans in this teaser? Like the Wheel shape at Bel Tine, Dead Bodies, then Hall of the Tower? 

Which - despite all the complaining from a few - the teaser was reeally for the Fans in many ways while still looking cool for non-fans.

Edited by Wolfbrother31

Guest Wolfbrother31
2 minutes ago, dssharp said:

There have been some leaked set photos from like a year ago with white cloaks in funny looking armor. 

There's definitely White Cloaks. Bornhald was cast for this season. 

Thom, Min, and Lolial are also going to be in this season ..  though not shown in the teaser. 

And - I dunno. I was really against that being an Aiel in a cage because the person looks black (which, please don't start name-calling and trolling me) and Aiel HAVE to be red-heads! 

Guest Wolfbrother31
3 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I can't figure out how to delete a post on my phone...

But I wanted to add. And that Aiel looks dead so NOT Gaul, right?

Edited by Wolfbrother31

Guest Wolfbrother31
2 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Loial and Min, no. That’s my prediction 

Explain? Why no Min? I think that in a full length trailer you could use her prophecy as foreshadowing. 

Maybe have her narrate something? 

Or you think they'll just stick to Moiraine doing most of the narrating because she's the lead for this season. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Explain? Why no Min? I think that in a full length trailer you could use her prophecy as foreshadowing. 

Maybe have her narrate something? 

Or you think they'll just stick to Moiraine doing most of the narrating because she's the lead for this season. 

I just think they are only going to give us footage from the first 3 episodes. And try to keep the rest of the season secret. 

They will want to save Loial for shock value. Min is a closer question, but since I don’t think she shows up until episode 6 at the earliest, I think they’ll keep her under wraps. 

39 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

There's definitely White Cloaks. Bornhald was cast for this season. 

Thom, Min, and Lolial are also going to be in this season ..  though not shown in the teaser. 

And - I dunno. I was really against that being an Aiel in a cage because the person looks black (which, please don't start name-calling and trolling me) and Aiel HAVE to be red-heads! 

Uhh.. no? They're dirty/dusty/grimy. They also have red hair. What's missing is the black veil. 
image.png

Guest Wolfbrother31
2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Uhh.. no? They're dirty/dusty/grimy. They also have red hair. What's missing is the black veil. 

You're right. I recant. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
7 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I just think they are only going to give us footage from the first 3 episodes. And try to keep the rest of the season secret. 

They will want to save Loial for shock value. Min is a closer question, but since I don’t think she shows up until episode 6 at the earliest, I think they’ll keep her under wraps. 

This actually makes a ton of sense - but totally blows up the latest Dusty Wheel episode Lol.

The more I think about it. I think you're right though.