DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trailer Drops Tomorrow

Guest Wolfbrother31

16 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

why, you've never seen a black redhead? ?

me neither

Yep.  Friends 2 sons.  And OU quarterback Spencer rattler is kind of black and has kind of red hair.  Pretty sure Aiel in cage is just dusty, grimy, dead but white.  Maybe whoever caged him stole viel.  Maybe he is a Aiel returning from blasted lands raid to spread word of dragon that got captured by Fall Darran soldiers.  

Guest Wolfbrother31

I think you guys are right. I think that is a dead Aiel in a cage....

So, again, a little shout out to fans. Even if it's not Gaul/not the same as the books - it's something book readers can go. Hmm. They do care about us. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 minute ago, Skipp said:

I don't think the Aiel in the cage's colouring is due to his skin colour.  It looks like a combination of dirt and bruises making him look darker than he is.  But that certainly looks like red hair peaking out from under this Shoufa.

I'm already convinced. But. 

Is nobody going to respond to my observation that the Bel Tine (or perhaps Tinker) dance circle is in the shape of a wheel, cut to dead bodies with Aes Sedai in middle in the shape of a wheel, cut to Hall of the Tower in the shape of a wheel. 

I mean, come on, anybody else think thats awesome!? Notice that?

1 minute ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Is nobody going to respond to my observation that the Bel Tine (or perhaps Tinker) dance circle is in the shape of a wheel, cut to dead bodies with Aes Sedai in middle in the shape of a wheel, cut to Hall of the Tower in the shape of a wheel. 

Yep saw that.  They are probably gonna to plain sight hide lots of symbolism for us to dissect and marvel at.

Shooting arrows into caged Aiel definately has Masema feel to it.  Hatred/fear of Aiel can't be viscerally shown any more straight forward than sticking one in crows cage then using him for target practice.  All I known is they better be scouring Russia, northern Europe, and Ireland for every basketball and volleyball player with any acting skills.  I want some towering Aiel. 

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 minute ago, Guire said:

Shooting arrows into caged Aiel definately has Masema feel to it.  Hatred/fear of Aiel can't be viscerally shown any more straight forward than sticking one in crows cage then using him for target practice.  All I known is they better be scouring Russia, northern Europe, and Ireland for every basketball and volleyball player with any acting skills.  I want some towering Aiel. 

They can use camera angles and stuff as well to make them seem towering. For example, Tom Cruise is like 5'7 ... A bunch of actresses are taller then him, but he usually stipulates that they shoot in such a way as you can't tell that's the case. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I don't think we're getting Masema are we? I haven't seen a casting for him. 

I think we either get him and he is expanded.  Or he is gone.  Wonder if rearranged timeline might make him show up in second season?  I think you need him on screen when Dragon is revealed to show his fanaticism.

15 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

They can use camera angles and stuff as well to make them seem towering. For example, Tom Cruise is like 5'7 ... A bunch of actresses are taller then him, but he usually stipulates that they shoot in such a way as you can't tell that's the case. 

As long as Ed Sheeran doesn't cameo as Couladin I guess I can't gripe.

Guest Wolfbrother31
9 minutes ago, Guire said:

As long as Ed Sheeran doesn't cameo as Couladin I guess I can't gripe.

I would love my man Ed to be Couladin Lol! 

Especially if he writes music for WoT like he did for the Hobbit. 

44 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

I see you Wolfbrother! Totally awesome!

Guest Wolfbrother31
3 minutes ago, Taishar Hawaii said:

I see you Wolfbrother! Totally awesome!

Thank you! There's some really neat symbolism for the fans in this teaser. I wanna see it hit 50 mil before the show drops. I think it's possible...

5 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Thank you! There's some really neat symbolism for the fans in this teaser. I wanna see it hit 50 mil before the show drops. I think it's possible...

Just make sure to show it to all your friends and if they like it have them share with theirs. 

Guest Wolfbrother31

So on a different note... here's the weirdest things I noticed about the teaser that ends up being good source material, potentially, for discussion or for Thras: 

#1] We see Lan protecting Nynaeve in the clearing with the other warders & Aes Sedai (so it can't be a flashback) but it seems tied to the Logain capture.... Where's Moiraine? 

#2] We see an Aes Sedai on the ground and Steppin being catapulted forward by Moiraine at a shielded Logain? What's up with that? Where's Lan? 

#3] We see Rand & Matt on the side of a mountain headed towards... Whitebridge maybe? People have speculated Shadar Logoth ... But the group isn't suppose to get split up until after Shadar Logoth right? 

#4] We see 5 people galloping away along the Riverside ... Shouldn't there be 6? And Nynaeve tracking them? 

#5] We see Rand, Matt, Nyn, and Lan riding towards the WayGate where 3 people wait for them. 

Again, Lan never (and should never) is separated from Moiraine right? 

And don't they absolutely need Lolial to travel through the Ways? 

Any theories? 

Edited by Wolfbrother31

• Community Administrator
2 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

why, you've never seen a black redhead? ?

me neither

Actually... Red hair isn't restricted to just Caucasians.

It's found on basically every continent.. even those of Asian or African descent.. and not just because of mixed heritage.

Guest Wolfbrother31
2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Actually... Red hair isn't restricted to just Caucasians.

? If true, that's interesting. But definitely gonna fact check that!

• Community Administrator
14 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

? If true, that's interesting. But definitely gonna fact check that!

100% a fact. For some it's a form of albinism.

To clarify, I'm not justifying casting only actors of African Descent to play Aiel characters. The vast majority of Aiel should look like Gingers, and make people ask how the hell they aren't lobsters.

That said, Elayne's Red + Gold hair isn't something we really find in reality, unless it's a dye job. 

33 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

So on a different note... here's the weirdest things I noticed about the teaser that ends up being good source material, potentially, for discussion or for Thras: 

#1] We see Lan protecting Nynaeve in the clearing with the other warders & Aes Sedai (so it can't be a flashback) but it seems tied to the Logain capture.... Where's Moiraine? 

#2] We see an Aes Sedai on the ground and Steppin being catapulted forward by Moiraine at a shielded Logain? What's up with that? Where's Lan? 

#3] We see Rand & Matt on the side of a mountain headed towards... Whitebridge maybe? People have speculated Shadar Logoth ... But the group isn't suppose to get split up until after Shadar Logoth right? 

#4] We see 5 people galloping away along the Riverside ... Shouldn't there be 6? And Nynaeve tracking them? 

#5] We see Rand, Matt, Nyn, and Lan riding towards the WayGate where 3 people wait for them. 

Any theories? 

3. I was thinking Whitebridge as well.

4. There really are six people.

5. You're missing one person again. There are four people waiting. Three on horseback and Moiraine standing in front of Aldieb.

Pause video and use , and . to slowly go through the trailer. You'll see there are 6 riding away from EF and 4 people waiting ?

55 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Any theories? 

#3]  If you look closely they are heading away from the city and one of them turns and looks back.  It is likely Shadar Logoth because if you look at the wall it appears to have collapsed at certain points.  Which would match the look of the wall that Egwene and Perrin climb to the top of in the trailer.

21 minutes ago, Skipp said:

#3]  If you look closely they are heading away from the city and one of them turns and looks back.  It is likely Shadar Logoth because if you look at the wall it appears to have collapsed at certain points.  Which would match the look of the wall that Egwene and Perrin climb to the top of in the trailer.

Where do you see a collapsed wall in the Perrin/Egwene scene?

You're right on the fact they're moving away. So it's probably not Whitebridge. But to me it looks too bright for Shadar Logoth. Can't recall what it's supposed to look like though.

Then again, not that that matters apparently.

1 hour ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Any theories? 

1/ Moraine may be injured at this time and its prior to her being healed, 

2/ Is Stepin being catapulted or being stopped by Moraine? I think the scene of him kissing the ring is after Karene's death and Moraine has tied him up in flows of air till the rage left him.

3/ Shadar Logoth is in the background of this scene, the other side of the River, its almost certainly the morning after SL

4/ Technically by the Book there should be 7 riders(7th being Thom) but there are actually 6, there is a white Horse you can just see part of. 

5/ There are actually 4 figures waiting at the Waygate, 1 standing next to a white horse, 3 on Horse Back, most people think the figure 2nd from the right is Loail, he does seem to be large.

57 minutes ago, Raezold said:

Where do you see a collapsed wall in the Perrin/Egwene scene?

You're right on the fact they're moving away. So it's probably not Whitebridge. But to me it looks too bright for Shadar Logoth. Can't recall what it's supposed to look like though.

Then again, not that that matters apparently.

Sorry, the damaged wall in not seen in the Perrin/Egwene scene.  I meant the Perrin/Egwene scene shows that the city is surrounded by a wall.  And the fact that in the Rand/Mat scene we can see the encompassing wall is very badly damaged in places we can assume it is Shadar Logoth.

7 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Sorry, the damaged wall in not seen in the Perrin/Egwene scene.  I meant the Perrin/Egwene scene shows that the city is surrounded by a wall.  And the fact that in the Rand/Mat scene we can see the encompassing wall is very badly damaged in places we can assume it is Shadar Logoth.

Ah, got it.

I think you're right about it being Shadar Logoth because which other city could it be?

Though they should be with Thom and jump on the boat of Domon instead of climbing some mountain with just the two of them. But I guess everything's going to be changed..

/sigh