DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

December 2018 Roll Call

LilyElizabeth

the Christmas pickle. baking cookies. decorating the tree, egg nog, debating and trying different recipes Christmas eve, and sis and i started a new one last year, giving each other a book on Christmas eve

22 hours ago, Ryrin said:

Cross, you have taken up the Icelandic tradition.

yup! we read about it last year and decided to start it. i mean we're part danish and probably some other nordic so close enough

The annual stabbing of my enemies...

I mean... 

My favorite part of the holidays is Christmas Music. It becomes socially acceptable for me to sing "I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas" in public this time of year. 

Not that I need an excuse. I sing it year round. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 10:10 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

What are your favorite holiday traditions?

As for me, I love gift giving the most. 

This^^^^^^

I have thought of ingenious ways to give Christmas gifts when I'm not supposed to ?  You see a few years ago my oldest sister declared that she was not getting presents for the adults cause it was too costly and that she didn't think the adults needed presents anymore either.  Now, the rest of my family agreed to this, except me.  Oh, I did all the head shaking and uh-huhs and what-nots but inside I cringed.  NOT because I wanted to receive gifts but because I wanted to GIVE gifts.  So, over the years as I could afford it or not, I would buy things for my mom mostly cause I could justify it with her.  (she is on a fixed income and could not afford some stuff ie a vacuum,  exercise dvd's, which she can't use now :rolleyes: and such).  This year I got an email from MassMutual Center about the Christian Band Casting Crowns.  There is a sale on their tickets.  I immediately thought of my two younger sisters and their hubbies.  However, I know if they knew the tickets were from me they would go berzerk.  So, I got matching cards, addressed to each of them, wrote with my opposite hand and everything so they won't know its me.  Hopefully it works.  ?  I just LOVE GIVING.