DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

November Roll Call (2018)

Ryrin

Image result for Thanksgiving buffet 2018

What are your two favorite Thanksgiving foods/dishes?

s45YjS3.jpg?1

Please post and drag your friends in here!

Edited by Ryrin

My Granny's Sweet Potato Casserole, which is pretty much a dessert. The sweet potatoes are full of brown sugar and butter, and the topping is basically crumbled short-bread dough and chopped pecans. ;) brown sugar, flour, butter, and nuts sprinkled all over before it cooks.

The second is Granny's green beans (southern green beans - normal cut, slow cooked in onions and bacon). 

But since we eat the green beans multiple times a year, I'm also going to say Granny's Pecan Pie (yes, all of my favorite recipes were invented or perfected by my mother's mother), in which you cram as many pecans as you can into the pie, and simply hold them together with the goopy sugar stuff, instead of having mostly a layer of goopy sugar with some nuts on top. Nuts, nuts 'everywhere'....cram a pecan everywhere you can, pecan pies! Like, almost a pound of pecans per pie.