DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

Just now, Clovdyx said:

I don't feel it outright clears him, either.  That's why I said I wouldn't bet the game on it.  It can honestly be he saw no harm in voting there as scum, or he wanted to "bluff" it.  It just seems less likely to be that.

Ya I agree.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Remind me about why you're feeling most positively about Hallia?  I have reasons to believe my reasons for feeling good about her weren't right.  If we're going solely on her gameplay, I don't really see an argument for her being that strong of a town read - or scum read, for that matter.  

With Verbal flipping town, I think that's probably a good sign for her... I don't know that she would white knight him over something basically meaningless and just kind of double down on him two or three times for no reason.  I'm still not sure what she saw there, but I get the impression she believes it.   I'm just nowhere near as confident as you.

Also, is the last tier ordered or just whatever?  If it's ordered, Iron being last has me scratching my head.  I would have expected you to put Kat there based on how much you've talked about her, and it seemed like you were beginning to come around on him.  Not really sure what you were getting at with the signature stuff.  I get that a lot of his reads have been thin, but he hasn't been around much at all (could be lurking on purpose, I guess) and it's not like there's been a TON to dig into.  I thought his re-evaluation on me seemed okay, though I don't think he ever answered me on what he misread/misinterpreted.

Raisins for your raisins, huh? Deep. I don't have a specific scum read on Hallia, but as more people establish themselves as town in my mind, she's slipping down the list by default. If you or Zander want to try and convince me one way or the other, I'll listen. 

I quoted the post that sent me in the wrong direction, just before EOD. So, probably back around page 7 or 8. 

2 hours ago, Zanatron said:

My Hallia read was NOT based on gameplay.  Tho her play hasn't been alarming thus far.

Last line isnt ordered yet.  Its my primary PoE upon completion of my reread with now seeing Verbs flip.

If it wasn't based on game play, what was it based on? You two can't be masons since Verb was one, so what else is there? 

2 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Is it bad if I pulled up the database to check my memory of Iron's play against Cory's take, and the big takeaway I came away with is "Iron isn't likely to be NK'ed so he might actually be mafia"?  

I know I've seen him play as town multiple times, but I really don't remember it.  Sailor Moon and Tainted Minds to a lesser degree are the games that stick out to me (both scum), and I remember being pretty impressed.  I thought he did well in both.  I'm...not really feeling that here.

You...may have a higher opinion of my game than I do myself. I'm flattered. Explain the part about not being likely to be killed? 

Yesterday (IRL days) was a long day and mentally taxing, so I expect to be able to dig in more fully now. I'll catch up on the latest three pages, throw down a list, and then do a reread. The game is short enough to actually do that for once. 

1 hour ago, dicetosser1 said:

vote clov

Again? You really gotta explain yourself, man. 

As a general note, Zander and I seem to be in sync about a lot of things. This might be the first time that's ever happened--we usually disagree on a lot. I'd say we argue, but it's more along the lines of this... (I'm the dog)

-picture-id10079986?s=612x612

2 hours ago, Zanatron said:
On 7/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, Katiora said:

And I don't know that I love the single train thing going on right now :/ 

Im still pinged by this post.

1 hour ago, dicetosser1 said:

dude i specifically asked you about him remember?

i havent said a lot  his focus on kat out the gate struck me and his posts seem really.....noncommittal.

He feels off to me.

then you have the fact that verb was very clearly after him and look who died. and yes it could be mafia killed him for misdirection but it could also be not that

Much WIFOM lies in this direction... cause on level 1, Scum!Chris shoots Verb for sussing him. On level 2, scum shoot Verb to get Town!Chris lynched. On level 3, Scum!Chris knows we all know he's too devious to go for level 1, so he shoots Verb to make himself look town. And so it goes... 

Actually level 2 doesn't make any sense at all, since left alive, Verb would have continued to tunnel and misdirected the town. I'm going to stop hypothesizing now before I get too confused. 

You can ignore all of this if you want. I typed it out to get my thoughts in order, but then it made no sense, but I decided to post it to show my thought process to anyone who's super interested in what goes on inside the maelstrom in my skull. 

Crap, I spent so much time trying to make that nested quote happen that I forgot to respond to it! 

@Zanatron Can you explain what pings you about Kat's post? 

My guess is you're thinking that being uneasy about a single train is an easy "empty towny statement" to drop, and becomes hypocritical when paired with not voting at all. The train in question was only three votes long, and she could easily have started another one with her vote alone. Am I right? 

4 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Hallia 2 questions:

Have your Town reads changed and who are your Scum leads and why please?!?!?

Yeh, Clov has plummeted for me, but Marsh still up there as well

1 hour ago, Ironeyes said:

I'd put $20 on Dice and Clov being on the same team. Ideally town, since I'm town reading them both. 

Disagree with this.  

Vote: Ironeyes

My feelings so far:

I'm still sus of Clov for your interaction with Kat during D1. Also during D1, you sussed Iron/Tress/Verb and Hallia but votes Tress (claims random). Why not vote Hallia as you sus'd her first and included in your top 4? Did you find the others, at the tine, more scummy than her? In regards to Tress' train, you voted her first then you note she's clearer frustrated but still vote for her. Did you keep your vote there because it was guaranteed and wouldn't result in a random lynch? During N1 you became more sus of Verb, Dice and myself. With the NK of Verb, I agree with Dice, it doesn't look good for you. Unless it was meant to look that way but we could go around in circles about it.

I don't like how Iron voted Tress and didn't add anything to what Zander stated about her not providing reads on others. As I already stated, I understand that it's frustrating but I don't agree with it being a reason to lynch someone. She clearly had said it was an overview and didn't have any reads/analysis. I don't like Zander's vote for the same reason.

I still am leaning toward town on Kat. She appears to be responding genuinely to questions and comments directed at her. She expresses the same frustration as I do about Tress' train and I respect the fact she won't vote just to vote if she doesn't find it necessary.

Nothing has really jumped out at me about Hallia and Dice so I'm not too sure.

Vote Clov

Now to get some sleep while the little one does. Otherwise I won't get any myself

On 7/31/2018 at 10:18 PM, Ironeyes said:

So you spent the entire day so far working to drag people out of the fluff and into the game, only to resort to this? I know you have more going on inside your head than this, especially after just having dug at Kat for four pages in a row. You're making me nervous Chris

On 7/31/2018 at 10:19 PM, Ironeyes said:

Voting Tress because she's posted like twice would have made sense. She isn't normally quite this quiet, despite it being a low-volume game in general. 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, Ironeyes said:

I guess put me down as being suss of both Tress and Chris ATP

these   especially the first two are what i liked from marsh

9 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Can you elaborate on anyone?  Marsh and Lessa would be the two I'm most interested in, but anyone really

zanders digging and banging his head but thanklfully not going full zander

hallis doing her own thing. i like it.

marsh is above this

kat had that post that zander quoted and he actually highlighted the bit i didnt like. thats actually the bit that dropped her down the list for me

lessa is really that i have no reason to think she is town plus a lack of meta

you are non commital  talking both sides and you feel off. i didnt like the kat focus and how u seemed to be kinda sus on her but then town read her before she answered. the tress vote i didnt mind tbh. it may be the towniest thing uve done in my view. i might be wrong but im still lynching you.

7 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

My feelings so far:

I'm still sus of Clov for your interaction with Kat during D1. Also during D1, you sussed Iron/Tress/Verb and Hallia but votes Tress (claims random). Why not vote Hallia as you sus'd her first and included in your top 4? Did you find the others, at the tine, more scummy than her? In regards to Tress' train, you voted her first then you note she's clearer frustrated but still vote for her. Did you keep your vote there because it was guaranteed and wouldn't result in a random lynch? During N1 you became more sus of Verb, Dice and myself. With the NK of Verb, I agree with Dice, it doesn't look good for you. Unless it was meant to look that way but we could go around in circles about it.

I don't like how Iron voted Tress and didn't add anything to what Zander stated about her not providing reads on others. As I already stated, I understand that it's frustrating but I don't agree with it being a reason to lynch someone. She clearly had said it was an overview and didn't have any reads/analysis. I don't like Zander's vote for the same reason.

I still am leaning toward town on Kat. She appears to be responding genuinely to questions and comments directed at her. She expresses the same frustration as I do about Tress' train and I respect the fact she won't vote just to vote if she doesn't find it necessary.

Vote Clov

Now to get some sleep while the little one does. Otherwise I won't get any myself

Because I said I felt slightly better about her than I did the other three.  None of them have me anythingto feel good about. Hallia at least had some contribution and her response to me I thought was a little more likely to be from annoyed town than defensive mafia.

I kept my vote on her because 

1) nobody was going to vote Verbal

2) I was still fine lynching tress

3) the only other person with a vote on them was ME.  Why would I unvote and let myself get lynched?

If you don't understand why we'd vote someone for not participating in the absence of strong scum reads (but while having town reads), I don't know what to tell you.  Especially when that player is known for hating being mafia.

Hey guys

When DL???

Im off for a extra long weekend so today I got a lot to get done because I don't wanna leave my coworkers with a lot of extra stuff to do and dont wanna be super far behind when I get back.

Dont know how much time Ill have today to dig in but Ill have quite a bit when im off!!!

14 hours ago, Zanatron said:

You address Verbs reason for sussing Chris which in par5 was his interaction with you but iirc umless I mixing something up in my head Iron took issue with the same thing yet I dont recall you addressing that.

Thoughts on Iron and why you didnt mention that?  Please correct me it i missed you doing that or do upon my reread.

Probably because I didn't see iron doing that. honestly I can't remember anything of note that Iron has posted. Except him backtracking on Clov which was ehh but I didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time. Also I haven't finished my coffee this morning but *shrugs* 

13 hours ago, Zanatron said:

What do you make of Dice's answer???

I wish he'd posted it when he voted instead of a day later so I knew he didn't just go back and do it instead of voting and then taking his time to go justify it later on. Right now i'm still kinda meh. Though honestly I think there's a good chance he's town based on a gut feeling I have... which is weird lol 

22 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

The above quote. Sorry I thought I was clearer.

At the time of dl I didn't, and still dont, like the push for Tress. She made it quite clear that she was at work and unable to post more until she was home. I've used notepad to do summaries of games and copy/pasted them into game which is how I think she did her big post. Understandably it's frustrating that she didnt have a chance to post an analysis/break down of her thoughts but I think it's a horrible reason to lynch someone.

I didnt vote clov either as I only had a slight sus of him and I think it's almost as bad as no reason to vote someone. If I had voted him, it would have tied the vote which would have resulted in a random lynch. Sure it could have randed on one of the wolves but that's a big risk to take on chance.

Once I'm back on my computer, I'll be going over who pushed for Tresses lynch as it rubs me the wrong way.

Does there HAVE to be Scum on Tress's train iyo?

Why or why not?

22 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

Morning. Yesterday was a long day. Let's catch up here. 

Sucks. Sorry Tress... although your character is a very flavorful first death. 

The bold part strikes home for me. I'm thinking we might find scum among those who just let the lynch happen without saying anything. It's so easy as scum to let town bicker amongst themselves and pick up the pieces for the win

Mafia!Iron probably says he's at a depo hours before the deadline, votes a towny based on any flimsy day-1 case, and peaces out until the next day. It accomplishes the same thing you hypothesized. Town!Iron tried his very best to be there for the deadline in order to make as informed a vote as possible. I still missed it by half an hour but I feel much better about yesterday than if I had just not voted or participated in the discussion. 

No original thoughts? I'm 90% sure I was the first person to call Verb town, for one thing. And my vote on Tress was because I was out of time and she was a better lynch prospect than Chris. It wasn't sheeping at all. Hindsight is 20/20 so *you* see that the Tress train doesn't look logical, but at the time? She had showed up long enough to drop a massive summary that clearly took as much time to make as actually casing someone would have, but she was claiming to be too busy to case anyone. It wasn't a good look, and without any better leads, she was a reasonable vote. 

If youre Scum Imma kick you in the go nads after this game!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Hallia said:

Yeh, Clov has plummeted for me, but Marsh still up there as well

Disagree with this.  

Vote: Ironeyes

Didn't you just suss me for having flimsy reads? Pot/kettle much...

10 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

My feelings so far:

Vote Clov

So... tl;dr, everyone who voted for Tress is scum? That's kind of a lazy way to look at the game. 

Imagine for a moment that yesterday's lynch didn't happen. Now how do you feel about me, Clov, and Zander, just based on our content? All three of us have posted plenty of stuff that has nothing to do with Tress. 

2 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

If youre Scum Imma kick you in the go nads after this game!!!!!!

If I were scum I'd deserve it, but thankfully, we don't have to worry about that

22 hours ago, Ironeyes said:

You might be the only person who noticed I had that Cory quote in my sig besides Cory himself lol. But yeah, go ahead and make use of it, that's why I put it there. 

Very little, unfortunately. I may be able to reread the last HP game at some point to get a better idea of how she plays, but it won't be today. 

Let me know if you do this and what you come back with

23 hours ago, Zanatron said:

You voted Chris initially unvote for while dont vote anyone else iirc and right back on Chris.

Again you seem singularly focused on Chris but heres a questions for you.

Assuming youre right on Chris, who makes sense as his partner and why?!?!?! 

22 hours ago, Verbal32 said:

Yes.

Huh?  I clearly laid out how Clov said he POE'd me, sussing me for a particular thing, and then I proved that wasn't the case, as he had already put me in the POE before I did the thing that had him suss me (according to Clov himself).  I don't see how anybody doesn't get that, unless they:

a.  aren't reading the game, or

b. are scum

Which one is it?

We all play sloppy games sometimes, it happens.

Prob Kat for some of her recent posts regarding my case on Clov, and how he keeps treating his read on her.  For example, Marsh wants me to remind him so he can dig in and read my case - Kat just dismisses it as something she didn't understand (calling BS on that, btw).

Yikes, that kind of line doesn't really help you much.

The bold was Verb's answer to the first post I quoted here.

Is this why is he deaded or misdirection....I hate thinking on why people are NK but man I dont have a lot of solid reads atp and its messing with my brain!!!!

FML

I guess if it was Kat and anyone besides Chris I'd prolly place a little more stock into it, somehow I dont think a Scum!Chris fears Verb too much.