DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oooooh Black Tower boys! (Cleansing RP Discussion)

Jagen Sedai

Soooo I've come to remember/realize that the Cleansing was never actually RPed out:

1. The Cleansing has happened but was never RP'd out. The BT reserve the right to retro that in the future.

:o

There seem to be 3 or 4 of you about, would you want to plan this?! Is the head of the BT active, too?

IC the BT Head is the Dragon. OOC it's Cass who is active but I don't believe she has a BT character. The highest ranked PC's IC were Arath, Covai and Boopsy. Currently, Boopsy is the only Storm Leader still around. Apart from that, Mat's char, Nox, is next highest rank at Asha'man.

Phelix has Rhys who is also an asha'man.

It would be interesting to retro its effects, but personally rping it out as an NSW or some such has no appeal to me.  I kinda do the before/after effects now since Nox channeled before it was cleansed... 

I have no big interest in taking part of the major things only as they affect my characters.  

What about RPing the immediate aftermath? Hm... I don't know. I did want my Red, or my White possibly part of the Cleansing as one of them would definitely be interested in such a possibility. But I cannot exactly claim one of them did it, if they weren't there :p

I couldn't recall off hand what rank Rhys is. Thanks, Mat. 

There is the possibility of RPing it without using any NSW's. If anyone had to refer to the actual main events, they could just do so as an observer. That's what Arath often did. Like commenting that he watched the Dragon doing such and such or heard him order so and so to do whatever. As long as everyone went by the book events and didn't take liberties with speech, you could all RP purely your own POV roles.

I think it could be done. Hopefully someone is interested besides me, and I wouldn't mind digging around to find Arath's posts to see what he wrote about it.

My understanding is that there are two "big rules": 1) No interacting with the Dragon directly or any important canon role; 2) No doing something super big like saying you killed/injured a Forsaken/Dreadlord (though maybe we could have fought against them? hmm).

That pretty much sums it up. The Dragon's interactions would be confined to other NSW main characters anyway. There wouldn't be an issue being caught up in a fight with a Dreadlord or, on the very edge maybe of one with a Forsaken until "someone else" stepped in to deal with it. 

Another possibility if nobody wants to play NSW roles, is to have one central person to effectively act as narrator.

I was thinking a Wolfkin could be a good choice for that as they can move fast, be in different places all at once AND communicate with all the wolves, their own plus any in the area. So if I played Rhya, in communication with our NSW WK plus our wolves, for instance, then my posts could be the central observational ones, marking turning points in the story, moving things along and/or mentioning major actions by the Dragon or similar characters. Just another option to consider.

*nods eagerly* I would love to play along with that. That would be a fantastic way to handle it, too!

(Now that I think on it, I doubt Jagen would actually take part in this. I'm not sure she wants saidin cleansed, but who knows. Would love to have my White take part, though!)

Anyone else interested in taking part?

• Jagen Sedai changed the title to Oooooh Black Tower boys! (Cleansing RP Discussion)
  • Taymist pinned and unpinned this topic
On 28/04/2018 at 8:02 AM, Taymist said:

...or, on the very edge maybe of one with a Forsaken until "someone else" stepped in to deal with it. 

Another possibility if nobody wants to play NSW roles, is to have one central person to effectively act as narrator.

I was thinking a Wolfkin could be a good choice for that as they can move fast, be in different places all at once AND communicate with all the wolves, their own plus any in the area. So if I played Rhya, in communication with our NSW WK plus our wolves, for instance, then my posts could be the central observational ones, marking turning points in the story, moving things along and/or mentioning major actions by the Dragon or similar characters. Just another option to consider.

These all sound like awesome ideas... Depending on when it takes place I'd also love to be involved!