DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How familiar are you with Wheel of Time?

blank

I discovered Brandon Sanderson when I was adult and I love his stuff.

He's hands down my favourite author. 

I started to read WoT only because I knew he was finishing it.

People are just different I guess  :tongue:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I discovered Brandon Sanderson when I was adult and I love his stuff.

He's hands down my favourite author. 

I started to read WoT only because I knew he was finishing it.

People are just different I guess  :tongue:

He's different; Jordan was unique, I've never read anyone else quiet like him.

Sanderson reminds me, both in his structure and his writing style of early Asimov, which is a compliment. Asimov I could guess if not what the "twist" was going to be, than at least "who" it was going to be about; Sanderson surprises me frequently. My only negative review of him is that he aggressively ends stories in the middle.

-isn't late to any parties at all-

I've read the entire series twice over now, and since then...it's not been "reading" so much as it's been "poring over all relevant books with all the stickies and note paper." Not that I don't also enjoy reading them as well, but...

...rabbit holes are tempting......

Cindy, in order to compare I'd have to go and read more Sanderson and I haven't the time nor inclination.

I realize RJ was taking a long time too, and that this turned into 14 books, but what he wrote interested me and kept me waiting for his next book. Not so with BS. 

Same here.

I didn't much like Mistborn. I could see the ending coming two books ahead.

Way of the Kings however, I find quite appealing. Yeah it drags on at times, but so did Jordan with WOT. The times I wanted to smack him in to action I lost count of. I think it was book 5 and 7 that got me to sigh the most about the pace. And that whole Faile story arc.. I just wanted to smack them all in to the BLight just to get that part over with.

I am currently listening to all the audio books. Which has been really entertaining and I am enjoying it more than I expected. I love audiobooks and have been listening to more audiobooks than reading for the past few years since I have kids... which means I never get any time to just sit down and read. This way I can "read" while washing dishes or driving etc. I realized last month I had never tried the Wheel of Time audiobooks. I had to remedy that since I was attending a wheel of time event. (tarvalon.net anni)

I remembered basic plot lines but forgot many details in between. I have always loved Aes Sedai and White Tower parts best. So reliving the accepted tests and Egwene's raising was awesome. I am at the start of book 7 as of today.

Mother you are making me very nervous about what to expect from re-reading the last books!

I am currently listening to all the audio books. Which has been really entertaining and I am enjoying it more than I expected. I love audiobooks and have been listening to more audiobooks than reading for the past few years since I have kids... which means I never get any time to just sit down and read. This way I can "read" while washing dishes or driving etc. I realized last month I had never tried the Wheel of Time audiobooks. I had to remedy that since I was attending a wheel of time event. (tarvalon.net anni)

I remembered basic plot lines but forgot many details in between. I have always loved Aes Sedai and White Tower parts best. So reliving the accepted tests and Egwene's raising was awesome. I am at the start of book 7 as of today.

Mother you are making me very nervous about what to expect from re-reading the last books!

It wasn't me, I didn't do it!

Unless it was something awesome, in which case ... you're welcome! To the Tower too *grins*

True. And perhaps it is the age at which we first encounter an author that determines our love of their work (or the opposite)? 

I think so too. I've read things in my 20's that I put down because I thought it was not interesting and picked it up years later and can't believe I felt the way I did initially, about the work.

Archived