DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Multiball Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Eldrick4221

Zander 237 Nynaeve 134 Andrej 122 Hallia 73 Eldrick4221 64 dicetosser1 63 Katiora 56 Wildfire Sedai 52 Luthine 47 LilyElizabeth 34 Niniel 33 Lenlo 31 Talmanes 19 Sooh 13

all right zander lets see what CCSOHW says shall we?

According to it Talmanes is probably scum right? followed by either nini or len depending on if u add sooh and len together or not.

all right lets see

vote talmanes

So I have no idea what acronym means (seriously you all use way too many freaking acronyms), but you're voting me for not having many posts I take it? I would hope you could come up with a better reason at this point.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily - Hasn't posted much, never really explained any reads. Backtracking (minor), quick hammer. I'll try to go back and pull the quote but she went from what even is the case on Halli to one post from Nyn getting her to oh OK, let's hammer.

Luthine - Lazy reads, seems to be just riding with the herd at the beginning. Vote 6 (originally) without a big case on Hally. Has gotten a bit better at reads when prompted.

Kat - Besides the QT not much else against her. Not feeling much of a scum vibe now that I think WiFi is Town.

Niniel - Wary (general feeling), want to see more here.

Lenlo - Jumped right in and voted Hally as number 5, not much reasoning there. Watching closely.

There was without a doubt reasoning there.

You said some of her posts were bad but you never elaborated much IMO. Coming in that late (not your fault albeit) and then voting instantly warrants a good look in my book.

Thats fine, looking is good. Just stating there were infact reasons.

Errrr, it really was years ago (8 actually) I don't remember for sure I'd say maybe 10? And yep I got to play as both Townie and as Mafia.

I see the number of posts being mentioned is there some sort of contest or... are some of you just given to spamming? :P

Do you have a preference as to which alignment you enjoy playing as more?

And no thats not a trick question.  Just curious.

And ya all these other players tend to spam a lot.....me i dont even know the meaning of the word.....

lololololololol

Right, "not a trick question" :P

I got really lucky once as Healer and had an awesome run so it's been my favorite role so far. My time as Finder I got NK on Day 2 though so... eh.

Plotting and scheming as Mafia can be fun, especially if you're trying to implement a specific strategy. Lots of floundering on each side of the divide though if memory serves =)

Well it's the BT and Zander is playing so there will definitely be some spam lol.

There's usually a lot of joke posts on Day 1 but once we get into it they usually drop off. It's okay to joke around a bit as long as you get a bit more serious as we get moving.

The first game I played with Zander he annoyed me so much I led a lynch on him lol. He was actually scum that time though...

Haha, okay. I'll admit my finger got a little twitchy after the few pages were 80% Zander.

The bolded by Luthine seems to be a direct indication that she knows how to: "implement a specific strategy...floundering on each side of the divide..."

Luthine doesn´t know anyone here. It has been a long time since she played. She started with a random vote on AJ. Why AJ of all people?

I don´t think I have played with Luthine or Wiffy before. Hi! Welcome to the BT!

[v] Dice [/v]

Hi! And thank you :)

[v]AJ[/v] at random, and because I want to use these nifty voting bracket thingies.

AJ doesn´t mention Luthine much at all. This is one of the few posts where he mentions her. But it´s more in the way of judging Sooh than acutally a comment on Luthine.

What do you think about Nini/Sooh now that they posted some?

Ive commented on Sooh already.

Im not a big fan of either atp.

Still not a fan of Sooh's intro or reactions to my comments. I feel I wasnt obv talking about having a problem with her helping. It was not doing anything else.

Nini I feel is posting a little off, like a little defensive. I also wanna look back over her back and forth with Kat, it felt a little awkward to me.

I know what you were getting at earlier, and I made a comment about the sarcastic way that people responded to it. I agreed with you, fwiw.

I thought Sooh's read on Luthien wasn't bad, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Besides those two singular reads most of her content isn't really game related so she's on the radar for sure.

Nini trended up for me a bit earlier. I thought she came out the better in her exchange with Hallia, but yeah... the Kat exchange was odd.

Luthine on the other hand follows AJ a lot, especially in the end of the day. For example she changes her mind on Dice and Lily after reading AJ´s posts.

Then we have this post from today that doesn´t feel genuine at all.

Ooooh, 3 deaths?! AJ, you scum, I believed in you! *shakes fist* Well played, well played.

So that means 1 kill for each Mafia team (I'd assumed they'd take turns!) and a vigilante kill?

I'm heading to bed rn but there will be some interesting ISO to make...

Other than that. Except for her going after Nyn early D1 she hasn´t actually gone her own way. She has mostly followed the crowed. One thing that I found strange on re-read was that she iso´d only a few people and all of them (Lily, Hallia and Wifi) ended up on her suspect list. It sounds like she had already made up her mind about the before the iso. Why not else only iso those and then come to the conclusion that all of them are mafia.

I really want people´s opinion on this.

[v] Luthine [/v]

On mobile atm so no double quotes. I said in my posts that I didn't believe much in town reads in general and especially in a multiball game where people genuinely hunting for Mafia could be mafia themselves, case in point: AJ.

That's why I only posted about people I suspected or discussed people who had raised suspicions. It's true that I haven't been going my ~own way a lot yet but as you've said I haven't played in a while so observing for a while seemed a good idea. D1 you never have much to go on so yes I was "listening" as more experienced and vocal players talked about their suspicions. Doesn't mean I systematically followed in on their reads.

Also, if AJ was my teammate, why would have I followed him so very obviously? I know you don't know me but give me a little credit here, I wouldn't be quite that bad at hiding my tracks if I were mafia.

I find interesting that you were so willing to cast a vote so early on when rushing a vote gave us a dead townie on D1. Is it because of my joke about you being AJ's teammate, did I hit too close to home? Considering the fact that we're 3 townies down for 1 mafia killed I'd say it's very important we lynch a mafia today or the numbers really aren't in our favour...

The bolded here could be part of her "...specific strategy...." Just something to look at and think about.

Errrr, it really was years ago (8 actually) I don't remember for sure I'd say maybe 10? And yep I got to play as both Townie and as Mafia.

I see the number of posts being mentioned is there some sort of contest or... are some of you just given to spamming? :P

Do you have a preference as to which alignment you enjoy playing as more?

And no thats not a trick question.  Just curious.

And ya all these other players tend to spam a lot.....me i dont even know the meaning of the word.....

lololololololol

Right, "not a trick question" :P

I got really lucky once as Healer and had an awesome run so it's been my favorite role so far. My time as Finder I got NK on Day 2 though so... eh.

Plotting and scheming as Mafia can be fun, especially if you're trying to implement a specific strategy. Lots of floundering on each side of the divide though if memory serves =)

Well it's the BT and Zander is playing so there will definitely be some spam lol.

There's usually a lot of joke posts on Day 1 but once we get into it they usually drop off. It's okay to joke around a bit as long as you get a bit more serious as we get moving.

The first game I played with Zander he annoyed me so much I led a lynch on him lol. He was actually scum that time though...

Haha, okay. I'll admit my finger got a little twitchy after the few pages were 80% Zander.

The bolded by Luthine seems to be a direct indication that she knows how to: "implement a specific strategy...floundering on each side of the divide..."

@ Dice - no, I consider it an honor to be thrown into the lake. Just missed the salt and lemons. :p 

[unvote]

I find two things vote worthy so far. 

1. Kat answering for Wifi. I think Nyn´s questioning was good.

2. Hallia´s vote on Luthine. I agree with Zander that her reason is bad. We have 19 pages so far and most of it is bla bla so I don´t see why it´s distracting.

[v] Hallia [/v]

I like several players so far but it will be hard to trust people when we have different mafia teams. My experiences tells me that it´s much easier to look town as mafia in a multiball game since you are actually hunting for mafia. 

1. Sooh Lenlo

2. Nini

3. Dice

5. Talmanes

6. Luthine

7. Lily

8. Wiffy (mentored by Laine)

11. Kat

I believe Wifi´s clainm. AJ went after Lily and Talmanes in a way that makes me believe that they are not on AJ´s team. I know I´m not. Left is Lenlo, Dice, Luthine and Kat. AJ was very friendly with me and Dice. I don´t think he would townread Dice that clearly if they were on a team. Maybe not a good reason for removing him from the list but I rather look at the others first. AJ seemed to stay away from Kat/Wifi. He said that he wasn´t against a lynch on them but didn´t know where to start. Later on he started to talk about going after Kat. Not sure how I should take that.

Right now I´m mostly suspicious of Luthine. Will say why in my next post.

This is the first of two posts will comment on the second post....one post would be way too big....

• Club Leader

@ Luthine. Why wouldn't I vote when it's a new day?

I don't know about Lenlo or Kat but I agree that Kat is reacting weird. The back and forth between Len and Sili in last game has nothing to do with this.

Lenlo - what do you think about my post on Luthine?

Lily - do you believe Wifi's claim? What about my post about Luthine? Do you think Dice is on the same team as AJ?

I do believe Wifi's claim. If she's lying, she's doing a great job for a beginner. 

I'm not sure what I think of your post on Luthine. I really like her for town, but the way you look at her, she could be scum. I'm sticking with my town read for now. 

I'm not sure if Dice is with AJ or on another team.

• Club Leader

Zander 237 Nynaeve 134 Andrej 122 Hallia 73 Eldrick4221 64 dicetosser1 63 Katiora 56 Wildfire Sedai 52 Luthine 47 LilyElizabeth 34 Niniel 33 Lenlo 31 Talmanes 19 Sooh 13

all right zander  lets see what CCSOHW says shall we?

According to it Talmanes is probably scum right? followed by either nini or len depending on if u add sooh and len together or not.

all right lets see

vote talmanes

Now that's confusing. My #1 just voted my #2.

So in the first post I bolded a part that I thought very significant. Maybe this is a hint that she is looking town but is mafia hunting mafia? I forgot to bold this part of Luthines response in the above post:    AJ went after Lily and Talmanes in a way that makes me believe that they are not on AJ´s team. I know I´m not.  so maybe she's not on AJ's team but on another? This is all speculation given from what others have posted and my own intuition...which is not always good...irt Hallia...though my intuition on AJ was good... :smile:  

I think my problem is coming off directly from a game where I was basically conf town, I post a certain way and no one critiques it because of my position, and in a new game when I do that it's suspect. ITS JUST WHI I AM.

My reason for voting you was that I think your reason for voting Luthine is bad. It has nothing to do with how you post.

Okay. I'm caught up. 

Slight town reads: Nyn, Zander, Kat

That's all I have right now, although I am concerned how Dice thinks he can have a solid read this early. Or why he expects me to. 

Can you expand on your read on Kat?

+1

Maybe that sounded harsh. I mean did you read my posts or was it just some vague feeling about my posts?

I dont know if its just me but you seem to becoming off a little...defensive perhaps the word Im looking for with your posts/responses.

I read my post and thought it might sound too agressive. As you know, I like nice mafia.

Popping in real quick.

I'd also like to see some game thoughts from Sooh.

Kat's reaction to Tina surprised me but apparently there's some history there. Not sure what to make of it.

Lily - why do you call Dice's vote opportunistic?

Luthine - what's got you warming up to scumDice idea?

Well, it´s not much of a history. We played together for the first time in our last game and we both read each other mafia although we were both town. I will try to keep that in mind because I can get stuck in tunnells sometimes.

But I still think my reasoning for suspecting her in the first place is valid. Nyn asked Wifi why she didn´t ask her mentor for advice and Kat answered for her instead. She wrote "I haven´t seen her yet" which is strange since the only place that Laine would show up is in a private qt with Wifi or in a mafia qt. 

• Club Leader

Now that I'm caught up, and read Talmanes thoughts on Luthine, I'm beginning to think I may be wrong there. Between his thoughts and Nini's case, it's food for thought. 

I need to do some ISOs, but I'll be honest, I am not in a mafia mood today. I guess I'll do one. *sigh*

• Club Leader

ISO on Talmanes

@Nyn - We have played together before and I'm also familiar with you on general. Doesn't mean you're necessarily Town in my book, just gives you less of a scum read to me.

At this point my strongest scum read is Dice. The more I think about it the more I don't like his early 100% reads. It's giving me flashbacks to Verb doing that the whole last game I played to make himself seem innocent. The only way to 100% know if someone is Town D1 is if you are scum. And on this game there are two teams so even that can be a stretch.

Dice went from being your strongest scum read to what, exactly. You never posted that your opinion changed. He just kind of faded into the woodwork. Could be a scum team here. 

@Andrej - I'm just not a fan of 100% clearing someone as Town D1. I know some people play like that but like I said before it just doesn't sit well with me. Not enough for a vote yet considering how much time we still have but it still sticks out to me.

Was this talking about AJ's behavior or Dice's?

Haven't heard back from Eldrick yet on being replaced so I'm going to put some thoughts out there.

I'm really not liking the Hally lynch timeline. It didn't seem like there was a whole lot of case on her and it got built up pretty quickly even though there was a lot of time left.

When did Mafia games start getting so personal? The argument between Zander and AJ is making them both look scummy to me because I've not seen either get like that before and it feels almost staged to me. I disagree with both sides of the argument to an extent but I think both took it to an extreme. Not everyone is going to automatically hop off a train because of a quick 'I'm Town' but I also disagree won the sentiment of 'IDK if you're Town I want to lynch you anyway.'

AJ looks especially bad in the exchange to me (despite Hally's post admittedly sounding very OMGUS to me as well) because he posts something saying he feels bad voting for her but then goes on a rant about how she needed to be lynched Town or not.

I'm also not liking the quick hammer by Lily. Despite suspicions there was a lot of conversation going and people doing research and at least 24 hours left. Seemed to quite possibly be scum trying to make sure no one left and get a quick hammer. I feel like Lily is too experienced to do that but yet there it is.

I'll post more later if I can, my break is over now.

FOS's AJ but never votes him. Distancing?

I'm going to try to do some rereading if I'm slow at work tomorrow, but for now a few comments/thoughts.

@Lily - I checked the time stamps and you saying you were thinking about voting then voting were an hour and a half apart. Still pretty quick all thongs considered. You did preface you were planning on voting but it still seemed a bit odd considering how much time was left and the fact that the DL wasn't hapoenig for another day.

I'm glad to know my feeling about AJ after the lynch panned out. I'm not totally off my groove it seems. It's worth noting that AJ tried to non conspicuously get the lynch going and then Lily came with the (IMO) too quick lynch. I'm weighting that with the fact many others were in the train as well.

For WiFi, I'm inclined to believe she is Town (even besides the claim which makes. a lot of sense) because some of the newbie things she has posted very much make me doubt she's scum. I'm sure someone could pull that off, but the vehement argument that she was not cheating (seeming to not fully know about QTs and how they work) seemed very real to me as well.

I'll note as well that besides my initial dislike of Dice immediately clearing Zander he hasn't done anything else to make me suspicious. I don't know that I'm really onboard the Kat train at this point either though. I remember not getting a good vibe from Luthine at first as well and then feeling a bit better. I'll be looking at these two especially since they seem likely lynch targets.

Now, glad he was right about him. Hmmm.

@Lily - You left absolutely no context there. I've posted multiple times that Dice has done nothing to make me suspicious since the Zander call and that I've agreed with most of his posts. And as I made extremely clear when AJ continuously questioned me it was something I didn't like, not even enough for a vote. The next quote is me answering AJ's question about Dice.

Then you quote me talking about AJ looking bad in the Night phase. You can't vote in the Night phase. He ended up taken out or I would have voted him today for the exact reasons I posted.

I get that you might not be in the mood for Mafia but you seriously couldn't have made much of a worse case. Even more reason to keep my vote on you.

• Club Leader

Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly didn't see where you posted that Dice hasn't made you suspicious since the Zander call. I did read all of your posts, although I didn't pay attention to what phase they were. I really shouldn't be trying to play today. 

Unvote

Vote Dice

I still get a bad feeling from you but I won't vote you based on a feeling at this point. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly didn't see where you posted that Dice hasn't made you suspicious since the Zander call. I did read all of your posts, although I didn't pay attention to what phase they were. I really shouldn't be trying to play today. 

Unvote

Vote Dice

I still get a bad feeling from you but I won't vote you based on a feeling at this point. 

isnt that basically what your doing to me? or do you not even have that much?

all right zander  lets see what CCSOHW says shall we?

all right lets see

vote talmanes

This is really lazy. Especially since you know that he was gone from DM some time (we are both playing his game and know that he disappeared) and asked to be replaced. I don´t know if you want to catch AJ´s team but if you do, I think it´s unlikely that Talmanes is on AJ´s team. 

Talmanes is like the closest to a town I got right now. 

Idk i thought there'd be more discussion before throwing out votes, but apparently not. Personally I had AJ at the top of my townie list, voted for Hallia, suspected WiFi (which I don't anymore), suspected Lily (on stand by) so I'm reassessing basically almost everything I think I knew.

Niniel, you didn't address any of my other points? At this point I feel like I'm really talking to myself. I'd like to know if you'd missed 1)what I'd said about town reads and thus why I only ISOed people I suspected and 2) AJ's (and Zander's might I add) various comments about liking my posts/thinking I'm town. Or if you were just arguing in bad faith.

Basically if you're a misguided townie or a mafia.

I'd have to ISO and I'm on mobile atm but why is no one suspecting Lenlo/Sooh? (aside from Kat but well, not sure about their "spat"). Sooh had been rightly called out on giving the illusion of participating, then Lenlo makes nice with Dice, just like that.

For now my suspicion is more gut feeling/process of elimination. I didn't dislike Kat, Talmanes and Dice's respective last posts but something feels off about Lenlo. Opportunistic might be the right word.

Anywho, see you guys tomorrow.

It still feels really odd. You choose to iso people that you are already suspicious of. Then all of those leads to the conclusion that they are scummy. So what is the point? To use it to put them in the right order, or what? 

AJ didn´t mention you much at all if you compare to other that he talked about. Of those alive he buddied me and Dice the most. But the way he treated you is a part of why I´m suspicious of you. Now I know that it´s not always good to base reads on dead people´s posts but that is what I have right now. 

Idk i thought there'd be more discussion before throwing out votes, but apparently not. Personally I had AJ at the top of my townie list, voted for Hallia, suspected WiFi (which I don't anymore), suspected Lily (on stand by) so I'm reassessing basically almost everything I think I knew.

Niniel, you didn't address any of my other points? At this point I feel like I'm really talking to myself. I'd like to know if you'd missed 1)what I'd said about town reads and thus why I only ISOed people I suspected and 2) AJ's (and Zander's might I add) various comments about liking my posts/thinking I'm town. Or if you were just arguing in bad faith.

Basically if you're a misguided townie or a mafia.

I'd have to ISO and I'm on mobile atm but why is no one suspecting Lenlo/Sooh? (aside from Kat but well, not sure about their "spat"). Sooh had been rightly called out on giving the illusion of participating, then Lenlo makes nice with Dice, just like that.

For now my suspicion is more gut feeling/process of elimination. I didn't dislike Kat, Talmanes and Dice's respective last posts but something feels off about Lenlo. Opportunistic might be the right word.

Anywho, see you guys tomorrow.

Because theres no more illusion of participating? Sooh subbed out for a reason. Now that shes subbed out, I took over and am now participating. So... the issue is done.

Im interested in seeing what Niniel brings to the table beyond her focus on you so far.

I´m afraid that I don´t have much more to contribute with right now. I hope I get time to look more into the game later today but I can´t give any promises. 

@Lenlo, I wasn't clear, I meant Sooh was suspicious for one reason and I feel you're being suspicious for another.

What is the reason? If you have said it just tell me where.

Im gonna [v] Kat[/v] For now.

I was suspect of her before and the way she is going about casing/calling me wolf, or lack there of in reference to the casing, is not helping her. Shes creating arguments that dont exist, referencing situations that arnt relevant and in general isnt giving any proof/quotes/examples of how im a wolf. Shes just... saying I am one. And then making stuff up to back it up.

Why were you suspect of her before? 

Lily - Hasn't posted much, never really explained any reads. Backtracking (minor), quick hammer. I'll try to go back and pull the quote but she went from what even is the case on Halli to one post from Nyn getting her to oh OK, let's hammer.

Luthine - Lazy reads, seems to be just riding with the herd at the beginning. Vote 6 (originally) without a big case on Hally. Has gotten a bit better at reads when prompted.

Kat - Besides the QT not much else against her. Not feeling much of a scum vibe now that I think WiFi is Town.

Niniel - Wary (general feeling), want to see more here.

Lenlo - Jumped right in and voted Hally as number 5, not much reasoning there. Watching closely.

I understand why you didn´t add Wifi to this list but why didn´t you put Dice on it?

Unvote

Vote Dice

It´s still because he voted you on D1? Something else?

Archived