DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Multiball Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Eldrick4221

[v] Wifi [/v]

I feel ok about Kat and AJ

Find it odd that Luth thinks she and I could be teammates

That's a really apathetic and lackluster reply considering the fact that you had 3 votes against you at this time.

Also you were second on my suspicions list so ?

Atp I'd feel good about voting Wifi but since the wagon's forming on Hallia and I'm still suspicious [v]Hallia[/v]

A coroner's report should give us some well needed solid information.

Cant refute Luths logic here again.  Not feeling too bad about this slot tho I wish I had a baseline to operate from.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a concern about the Halli train.

Particularly aiming this at zander nini and nyn    dont know if lens as familiar with halli as scum   he might be

Riddle me this Batpeople  Since when is a scum halli THIS easy to lynch?

I think the dynamic is much different here with there being more then 1 Scum team.

I also would tend to think Hallia would fight harder as Town imo.

Do you disagree with me on this?

ftr, my problem irt Sooh, is that while I'm well aware of her net issues... which have been going on for a long while (well before the game started).... I have a problem with what she chose to comment on when she was able to post. So it's not her low post count that bothered me. I also did not particularly like her sarcastic remark about being nice to noobs when she was called out on not delivering game related posts. 

Like, it's fine if it's a noob that doesn't have a mentor, but if someone has a mentor then they have someone to ask questions and consult with. And I wouldn't care for any player who spends most of their time being psuedo mentor on thread instead of scumhunting because I view it as a filler. I don't care if that makes me sound "unwelcoming" but the mentor system is there to be used. The occasional question on thread is fine, but I feel like for Sooh, who already had a low level of input, it was more important to pitch in on more significant things. Instead all I can remember her doing is talking about the issue I had with Luthine and then answering Wildfire. I think she only gave some reads after being prodded to.

As far as Lenlo goes... I guess we'll see. 

Maybe that sounded harsh. I mean did you read my posts or was it just some vague feeling about my posts?

I dont know if its just me but you seem to becoming off a little...defensive perhaps the word Im looking for with your posts/responses.

I read my post and thought it might sound too agressive. As you know, I like nice mafia.

Popping in real quick.

I'd also like to see some game thoughts from Sooh.

Kat's reaction to Tina surprised me but apparently there's some history there. Not sure what to make of it.

Lily - why do you call Dice's vote opportunistic?

Luthine - what's got you warming up to scumDice idea?

Well, it´s not much of a history. We played together for the first time in our last game and we both read each other mafia although we were both town. I will try to keep that in mind because I can get stuck in tunnells sometimes.

But I still think my reasoning for suspecting her in the first place is valid. Nyn asked Wifi why she didn´t ask her mentor for advice and Kat answered for her instead. She wrote "I haven´t seen her yet" which is strange since the only place that Laine would show up is in a private qt with Wifi or in a mafia qt. 

Im assuming this is what youre talking about Nini?

Don't you have a mentor?

Lainey is.... haven't seen her yet

Don't you have a mentor?

Lainey is.... haven't seen her yet

Her mentor isn't gonna be posting in the game thread. 

I haven't seen her other places though so i'm not sure she's around... 

Ya this is DEF awkward....

Did you notice this now? Nyn pointed it out ages ago.

@AJ - I've really gone into my thoughts on Dice pretty specifically at this point, not sure what you are looking for. He did something I didn't like early on, so I'm watching him. I've happened to agree with nearly everything he has said since them so there is definitely a possibility if him going either way in my book.

@Dice - Thank you for your response. Still not something I like, but I appreciate your candor.

At this point I'm really not liking Luthine and Kati. Luthine apparently voted Since just because others said he may be suspicious then immediately unvotes when called on it by Dice. Could be lazy play but it looks more like scum trying to appear to be participating.

For Kati I read over her post about not having seen Laine at first without thinking of it but I think Niniel made a really good point. After seeing it in that context (thanks for digging up the quotes Zander) I can definitely see that being a scum slip.

The same goes for you.

I´m not known for getting things right away but I thought that at least Zander had seen it already.

Popping in real quick.

Kat's reaction to Tina surprised me but apparently there's some history there. Not sure what to make of it.

Well, it´s not much of a history. We played together for the first time in our last game and we both read each other mafia although we were both town. I will try to keep that in mind because I can get stuck in tunnells sometimes.

But I still think my reasoning for suspecting her in the first place is valid. Nyn asked Wifi why she didn´t ask her mentor for advice and Kat answered for her instead. She wrote "I haven´t seen her yet" which is strange since the only place that Laine would show up is in a private qt with Wifi or in a mafia qt. 

You, tunnel? Never :wink: Thanks for explaining though.

About the 'scum slip', ehh idk about that. It's possible, sure, but not something I would run up a wagon for solely. Do you have an opinion on Kat's play other than that? I can accept that caught your attention initially. It would also mean that her and WiFi are partners. What do you think of Wifi?

lol I might have done it once or twice. :rolleyes:

No, Kat haven´t done much after that that makes me think one way or another about her. It´s the possible connection between her and Wifi that has interested me. It´s a hard thing to build a case on though because it have to do with possible out of the game thread reasons. I´ll comment more on Wifi´s posts soon.

Can you tell me what you think about Zander right now. 

Tbh I get the vibe that Zander thinks I am scum but doesn't want to engage with me fully yet for whatever reason. I'm not used to him being clipped and short with me, but maybe he'll come around.

Other than that, I think he is asking the right questions - so to speak - and that is a good sign in my book. 

I have a hard time to read Zander. My feeling was that he is trying to feel you out so not to turn you against him. This is just a feeling and I don´t really know why I got it but that is why I asked you the question.

I think youll see when AJ sees this Im not afriad as Scum!Zander to go at AJ, its happened before.

I'm okay with lynching Hallia atp. It seems she may have gone dark since getting ran up, but I'm content to wait for a claim before we do anything else. She's guaranteed to get lynched regardless even if she doesn't show back up.

I'll respond to other stuff in a few.

What is the case on Hallia exactly? All I'm getting is she feels off and isn't attacking the thread with her usual energy. Is that all or did I miss something?

So someone not playing to their normal Meta at all is not reason enough for a gut read/intuitive player like yourself?

This actually reminded me of something.

Lily, on our last game on JN you gave Halli an early town read because she had a good WTL. Then I presented a case that was like 90% based on Halli being oddballs and not playing to her town meta. A while later you came around and recognized that Halli was being scummy after all. You're not feeling it in this game?

I'm okay with lynching Hallia atp. It seems she may have gone dark since getting ran up, but I'm content to wait for a claim before we do anything else. She's guaranteed to get lynched regardless even if she doesn't show back up.

I'll respond to other stuff in a few.

Yeah, I figured I'd give her room to claim. But my resolve hasn't changed.

Here is the post where Nyn questions Kat answering for Wifi.

Not sure how i feel about Kat answering for Wildflower. 

Are you two friends from the WT?

This is the next post. Zander isn´t bothered by it.

Not sure how i feel about Kat answering for Wildflower. 

Are you two friends from the WT?

Wont lie, Kat is kinda sketching me out but that wasnt the reason why tho...

Why have you changed your mind, Zander?

I didnt change my mind,  I had mentioned Kat was sketching me out herself.

ftr, my problem irt Sooh, is that while I'm well aware of her net issues... which have been going on for a long while (well before the game started).... I have a problem with what she chose to comment on when she was able to post. So it's not her low post count that bothered me. I also did not particularly like her sarcastic remark about being nice to noobs when she was called out on not delivering game related posts. 

Like, it's fine if it's a noob that doesn't have a mentor, but if someone has a mentor then they have someone to ask questions and consult with. And I wouldn't care for any player who spends most of their time being psuedo mentor on thread instead of scumhunting because I view it as a filler. I don't care if that makes me sound "unwelcoming" but the mentor system is there to be used. The occasional question on thread is fine, but I feel like for Sooh, who already had a low level of input, it was more important to pitch in on more significant things. Instead all I can remember her doing is talking about the issue I had with Luthine and then answering Wildfire. I think she only gave some reads after being prodded to.

Dont hate it but want to give Lenlo some time to operate because Im as most well know not the best Sooh reader

luvuSooh!!!!!!!

Tal I'd have to ISO. Off the top of my head he seems somewhat passive and I don't recall anything memorable from him other than him not liking players clearing players early? or something to that effect. I know he said we played together before, but I honestly don't remember so I'm sort of flying blind with him. But he's definitely someone I need to take a closer look at.

Lily is a player I "handle" carefully because she's always inherently scummy to me. But backtracking is not necessarily scummy for her. I've seen her make 180 read changes as town. So I still need to feel her out some more and get a sense of her thread presence, which is usually telling for her imo. 

Stupid format fail.

We can both agree on how to proceed with reading Nini. Talmanes I haven't had the opportunity to look back at yet, so I will do that sometime today. I want to look at his filter in the last game we played as an comparison because I remember having him as a town lean early on and then that read getting muddled.

Okay - that insight is helpful irt Lily. What do you think of her involvement thus far?

So in short, my suspicions list goes, in order: Lily, Hallia, Wifi.

And I'd like to hear more from: Sooh, Kat, Talmanes, Dice

Luthien/Luthaine/Luthine out for the night :D

ETA: spaces

Nomnomnom.

Did you miss this post? It was my last post! I believe it explains my former "read" posts! iow totally ignore them!

As for "knowing" where "here" was I thought it simple common sense imo. We're on the DM site after all.

However, jfyi, I am putting Kat part way on the scummy side. Simply for the reason that she could have cleared this up and hasn't yet. Not sure if she has posted since then or not, though.

Why not check this before to verify?

Nini - I have her in my slightly town lean pool now. 

I thought it went without saying that if I think Kat and Wifi are working together, I think they are both scum. 

I'll take your advice even though it wasn't offered. :P

Well I would kind of like it to be said :smile:

A lot of people are seemingly okay with pushing this connection through, so yes, I feel it's a good question to ask for separate opinions.

I have a concern about the Halli train.

Particularly aiming this at zander nini and nyn    dont know if lens as familiar with halli as scum   he might be

Riddle me this Batpeople  Since when is a scum halli THIS easy to lynch?

She's acting pretty similarly to the last game we played together, spirit wise. And she knows that's a huge tell for her. I'm gonna reread her again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I feel like she's without. Irt "easy" to lynch. I don't think it's necessarily an indication here. Mostly cause with the small roster and the promise of more than one scum team, I'm guessing its a small grouping. At which case, Halli prolly has one teammate out there vs townies and another scum team/s that want her dead too. So I wouldn't really expect much of an opposition because of the kind of setup were dealing with combined with the overall numbers. 

How do you feel about her play so far?

From a theoretical standpoint this is correct and needs to be considered with every wagon. General point for all.

Any opinion on who that may be, regardless of Hallia's flip?

If this was a one mafia team game then she and AJ would be in my town pile. I like their posts the best so far. I understand them and mostly agree with them. Can´t say they are town in a game like this but they are the people that I would like to lynch the least right now.

It's amusing to me that in Mafia saying something like "you're the person I would like the least to be hung from the neck until dead, or brutally murdered in the Night" and it be taken as a compliment.

To be fair my timezone doesn't usually mesh well with Americans. Neither does dice's. lol

This is optimal Lunch Dice time while he's asleep tho.....

lolololololol

LOL   some hero :P

Saving people from Dice's baseball bat, and Zanderslander and smelly Cav scent is +EV imo.

lolololololol

HbxYMO3.gif

This is more or less where I was at with Sooh.

I only skimmed Lenlo's post before - gonna need to check it for context at some point today and would like to get him back in the thread. I have questions about his groupings.

1. Okay - that insight is helpful irt Lily. What do you think of her involvement thus far?

2. From a theoretical standpoint this is correct and needs to be considered with every wagon. General point for all.

Any opinion on who that may be, regardless of Hallia's flip?

1. So far I think she's been involved and responsive, for her. The only problem is that she's been suspected early on by some and has been asked questions. Which is somewhat different than what I look for. ie I like seeing her post out of her own volition, if you catch my drift. Not when she's being leaned on. So it's kind of hard to make the distinction. So we'll see.

2. Who that might be, as in who might be Halli's scummate? No clue atp. Gun to head? I'd say it would be someone completely off her train, with the minor possibility of one of the last voters on her train, as a last minute ditch bussing. This is mostly because if the scum teams are small, as I think they are, I'd say the priority is keeping the teammate alive vs the consideration of bussing. Where's when there's a bigger scum team, there's more room to play around with these things.

as for Kat seeing Lainey elsewhere: she meant on the WHOLE of DM not just about this thread. :rolleyes: she was just trying to be nice!

How do you know what she meant?

Maybe that sounded harsh. I mean did you read my posts or was it just some vague feeling about my posts?

I dont know if its just me but you seem to becoming off a little...defensive perhaps the word Im looking for with your posts/responses.
I read my post and thought it might sound too agressive. As you know, I like nice mafia.

Popping in real quick.

For the answering I was playing in another mafia game in which laine was about to be lynched and I hadn't seen her at all. Therefore I thought laine must not be here therefore wish can't ask her questions.

Kat: please elaborate! Where do you mean when you say HERE?

Eh.

I can understand reconsidering after some makes new posts or an event happens that changes your opinion, but that wasn't really the case here.

Why not consider your read more carefully before instead of making one and then changing it as soon as someone brings attention to it?

That's good advice. I tend to be impulsive by nature, and I used to overcompensate by being too careful and not posting much. Looking for that happy medium. 

I've reconsidered my read on Kat. She's not in my town pile anymore, although I'm not ready to put her in the scum pile. I don't like the way she and Wifi keep answering for each other. The first time, I thought she meant she hadn't seen Alanna online, maybe facebook or something, but it's getting too weird and seems that they are trying to cover it up.

LOOK PEEPS

A. I AM A NEWBIE

B. YES, KAT answered for me TWICE: 1. When I was asked if I had a mentor AND 2. Where she was.

C. YES, I did EXPAND on kat's answer. Which is why I want her to elaborate on whereHERE was! The REASON for my expansion is because people were saying that kat and I were CHEATING ie. Having a qt account together. They may not have used that word but the insinuation was there. And just so you know: I DO NOT CHEAT! I was told that there is NO COMMUNICATING of any kind outside of the game thread except @ NT when the mafia get together to pick their kill for the night AND PR to communicate with the MOD.

D. I am going to be rethinking some of my picks. I just got to get the iso to work.

Is this your first game? How many games have you played/read before this?

Kat already answered this question so it´s strange that you ask the question now.

I don´t know how to read this post. It sounds sincere, the cheating part. That you don´t seem to understand how things with qts usually works here and that mafia are allowed to talk at day. You should of course know this if you are mafia. Not sure if you would use the newbie card or not. It´s not good in my book but on the other hand, if this is your first game then it´s the only time you can use it. lol

At the same time you seem to know what an iso is.

This post confuses me.

yes, I am a Newby. This is my first game. I never read a game before this. Lainey gave me link to wiki site and I read as much as I could there.

As for kat answering that question no she didn't. If you reread her post commenting on where she saw or didn't see Lainey, she says something about another mafia game but in the last wording:

Therefore I thought laine must not be here therefore wish can't ask her questions.

She still just uses the word [here].

I know what an ISO is cause I have a mentor.

Lily is a player I "handle" carefully because she's always inherently scummy to me. But backtracking is not necessarily scummy for her. I've seen her make 180 read changes as town. So I still need to feel her out some more and get a sense of her thread presence, which is usually telling for her imo.

I erased most of this quote and then it became weird. This is Nyn´s post, not AJ´s. I agree with her about Lily.

If this was a one mafia team game then she and AJ would be in my town pile. I like their posts the best so far. I understand them and mostly agree with them. Can´t say they are town in a game like this but they are the people that I would like to lynch the least right now.

Okay, I think I made a newby mistake here:

I was playing like this was in real life! That's why I apologized to nyn, have been overly trying to get you to understand where I am coming from, thinking that ya'll thought I was cheating, etc.

Now that I realize that I made that mistake I am going to try and get my game on:

First of all, I am not teammates with kat, and have had no private communication with her!

Second of all, if you really look at my posts, given what I have just said, you will see that they are very straight forward EXCEPT for when I was trying to place people. TBH I had NO CLUE what I was doing, I was reading into others posts but I was totally confused. Therefore, if you look at the people who are twisting my posts to suit their own needs, you might be looking at a scum. I mean you should look at both POV, before making a decision.

Lastly, you don't want to lynch me. :smile: ttawyw

I don´t understand the real life comment. What do you mean?

And then we have a soft claim. Totally unnecessary.

I mean I was behaving as if this was real life not a game. Hence the apology to nyn, the thought that I was cheating, trying to explain myself (though I guess I am still doing that :sad: ), etc.

Okay, I think I made a newby mistake here:

I was playing like this was in real life! That's why I apologized to nyn, have been overly trying to get you to understand where I am coming from, thinking that ya'll thought I was cheating, etc.

Now that I realize that I made that mistake I am going to try and get my game on:

First of all, I am not teammates with kat, and have had no private communication with her!

Second of all, if you really look at my posts, given what I have just said, you will see that they are very straight forward EXCEPT for when I was trying to place people. TBH I had NO CLUE what I was doing, I was reading into others posts but I was totally confused. Therefore, if you look at the people who are twisting my posts to suit their own needs, you might be looking at a scum. I mean you should look at both POV, before making a decision.

Lastly, you don't want to lynch me. :smile: ttawyw

Did you miss this post? It was my last post! I believe it explains my former "read" posts! iow totally ignore them!

As for "knowing" where "here" was I thought it simple common sense imo. We're on the DM site after all.

However, jfyi, I am putting Kat part way on the scummy side. Simply for the reason that she could have cleared this up and hasn't yet. Not sure if she has posted since then or not, though.

Strange that you choose to change your views of Kat here (even though you built up to it in a recent post). I mean, the only reason (in my oppinion) for Kat to be mafia was that she answered for you, which connects her to you. I don´t get why you would see her as scummy if you don´t think that you two are connected, and I guess you don´t think that?

because she didn't answer the [here] question, admit that we're not partners, etc. Or maybe it's better that she doesn't cause then people will really believe that we are partners, and that I am scum but I am NOT. This is so confusing. I'm drowned if I do and if I don't.

I know you peeps don't like the bold but it's easier to keep track of my posts, when quoted by others

1. So far I think she's been involved and responsive, for her. The only problem is that she's been suspected early on by some and has been asked questions. Which is somewhat different than what I look for. ie I like seeing her post out of her own volition, if you catch my drift. Not when she's being leaned on. So it's kind of hard to make the distinction. So we'll see.

2. Who that might be, as in who might be Halli's scummate? No clue atp. Gun to head? I'd say it would be someone completely off her train, with the minor possibility of one of the last voters on her train, as a last minute ditch bussing. This is mostly because if the scum teams are small, as I think they are, I'd say the priority is keeping the teammate alive vs the consideration of bussing. Where's when there's a bigger scum team, there's more room to play around with these things.

1. I would say that's an important distinction. Something to keep in mind though, I noted that's engaging at least and not outright ignoring anyone.

2. I was more asking who you thought the ~other scum might be, but that's working under the assumption Hallia flips scum. We can revisit this after a flip. I would also agree with you about the small team dynamic.

@Wildfire Sedai you didn't reply to this interesting bit of Niniels post:

And then we have a soft claim. Totally unnecessary.[/unquote]

I'd missed it myself but yeah, you either want to frankly come out with a claim or not claim at all...

So first, afew things. Wish Zander had kept that PR. Woulda been funny. Second, GO GO POWER RANGERS.

Zander grilling Luth over her mafia experience and player knowledge. Asking Hallia about her Nyn read. Null tells for him. (Zander, #65, 66)

This one is weird. Awkward joke? Why worry about post count? (Katiora, #82) Her next 3 posts bug me as well. It feels like its going to far, like shes over exerting herself to make the joke. Not natural. (Katiora, #95, 96, 97). This post by her was also just... SO WEIRD. Why this concerned about post counts? And whats this policy lynch/modkill comments for? (Katiora, #104)

Zander is just so... forward about this stuff with Luth. Its like hes interrogating her and I have yet to see the point of it in my catchup. (Zander, #138) Curious as to why Kat is sketching Zander out. Shes sketching me out, but I have my own reasons. (Zander, #146). 

Random Dice comment. Why is this Dice? (Dice, #158). Dice is bothering me abit. Not really commenting on anything gameplay wise, but throwing a town read out for Zander (Dice, #173 and others). 

Liking Nyn. Posts like these show me shes thinkin. I like thinkin (Nyn, #177). Also like this one (Nyn, #185). Zander and I agree on something. (Zander, #188). Aj feels like hes splitting hairs here. Nyns point made sense to me (AJ, #197). Me and Hallia agree (Hallia, #202). Im still not seeing it Dice. I feel good about Zander, but hes made some posts that feel weird to me. At this point id give Zander a 70/30 town lean myself (Dice, #221). 

Kat avoids answering the question (Kat, #257). I dont see that as a backtrack Dice. More a clarification (Dice, #260) This is a better reaction imo. Lilys post isnt great, but its hardly damning (Zander, #280). This post is skeeeetch (Kat, #286). What if theres a Lie Detector Zander/Kat? Or any other number of roles? Even if it is a joke, I dont see why you cant answer it (Kat, #291). +1 (Nyn, #308). The Nyn/Luth fight is null imo, simply because this isnt a content/logic fight. This is a "Im right about something pointless and your not fight" (The whole exchange).

This is a bad vote right here. Theres nothing alignment indicative about this argument. I dont see why the vote (Hallia, #345). Hallia getting defensive (Hallia, #364). Quick jump from Niniel. First post of the game I think? Right onto Hallia. Its not a bad vote on its own, but it came from nowhere (Niniel, #376). My god me and Zander agree again. Are we town together for once? (Zander, #379). Liking AJ (AJ,  #383). Even worse post by Hallia imo. Theres so much apathy, as if she doesnt care about this vote (Hallia, #408).

95% of this list is "I dont know, no clue, what?". How in gods name is this "Not a horrible list" Hallia? (Kat, #414). I honestly cant tell what the point of this post is. Willing to put it out there? Way more vague? Did we read the same list? It was nothing but vague! (Hallia, #419). +1 to Niniel (Niniel, #422). Lily managed to say little, with alot of posts (Lily, #442 back). Agreed for the most part (#470). Good post AJ. I didnt find any of those damning in a vaccum, but when laid out its not a good look for her (AJ, #512). 

At this point, Zander Nyn and AJ are basically town in my books. The weakest of those 3 is Zander, but the lowest grade diamond is still a diamond.

Started to skim abit here. Got tired of catchup. Sorry not sorry. Good point by Dice. Moving up the books (Dice, #544). Decent list from AJ (AJ, #583).

Heres where im at. Each grouping has a light ordering? Like... if your at the top your at the top, same with the bottom, but the middle can shift. Make sense? Maybe?

Me!
AJ
Nyn
Zander

Dice

Nini

Talmanes

Wiffy (mentored by Laine) - Solid middle line. Probably more wolfy then towny, but shes new and confusing me
Luthine - 

Lily

Kat

Hally

[v]Hallia[/v]

Caught up.

Not bad.

What do you think about the possible connection between Kat and Wifi?

Like if ones Scum is the other automatically?

You seem pretty sure of your read on AJ, can you touch more on why its so strong?  Obv I dont have a problem with your Zander and Nyn reads but im not Blue sold on AJ yet by any means.

From all the posts ive read of AJ, he consistently seems like hes trying to solve. Since there is more then one mafia team, is it possible he is mafia who is legitimately hunting? Yes. But im not gonna worry about the "more then one mafia team" part, until we get some flips. If this was a one mafia team game, AJ would never be mafia in it at this point to me, so thats how im labeling him.

Wifi is... I dont really know. I have Kat as wolf independent of Wifi. As for Wifi, I really dont know how I should read her. Shes new, shes confusing, she has a mentor, all that. Id say if anything, Kat being wolf doesnt indite Wifi, but Wifi being wolf does indite Kat. Savvy? Like, Kat could easily be a more experienced player pocketing/defending a town to get them on her side. If Wifi is a wolf then, then its clear shes defending a teammate.

Archived