DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Multiball Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Eldrick4221

Talmanes worst point, is that hes not around. His actual content isnt that bad imo.

Kat is my next big sticking point. Not only is she wolfy, but she gives us some good relation info with people like Wifi.

I'm so-so on his content. Some decent stuff in the beginning, but I don't see him doing a lot of work or bringing his own observations/arguments to the table. This could also be due to him not being around, but we'll see. He's definitely in my group of suspects.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talmanes worst point, is that hes not around. His actual content isnt that bad imo.

Kat is my next big sticking point. Not only is she wolfy, but she gives us some good relation info with people like Wifi.

I'm so-so on his content. Some decent stuff in the beginning, but I don't see him doing a lot of work or bringing his own observations/arguments to the table. This could also be due to him not being around, but we'll see. He's definitely in my group of suspects.

I agree. Hes not town/out of the woods by any stretch. But hes also not one of my lynch priorities.

[unvote]

[v]Hallia[/v]

:sad:

I think that was hammer, right? GL town.

That was L-1.

As much as it pains me to do so, but we need some resolution to continue chugging ahead.

Are you seriously not unvoting her after not only the post I had quoter recently but with the gl Town as well when she thought it was hammer???

FoS AJ

So, Zander, have you cooled down about this? Because IA that neither of those posts at the time convinced me of her innocence. She'd said GL town once before when she was still L-1 iirc, and she was definitely L-1 when she said so here. She could have been pretending to think it was hammer vote in order to get one of us to unvote.

As for her having a bad week, I sympathize but that doesn't say anything about her alignment: she could have been having a bad time as Mafia, too.

No regrets here, tbh.

Just because I have the gonads to say plainly that even with her claim I was still okay lynching her doesn't make me scum. She needed to go, plain and simple. She had burned her equity as a villager and I really doubt at any point she would be fully trusted again, she was better off gone and vetted than alive and remaining a question mark. Just because I'm honest enough to say it aloud doesn't mean I scum.

Get out of here with that crap.

Can't fault that logic.

Bringing this up because I have the (unsupported yet) feeling that we'll (hopefully) get to flip some Mafia just in time to get stabbed in the back when it turns out in the end that one of our "resident townies" was Mafia all along and we'd just assumed they weren't. That means you as much as AJ in my book, but for the moment I don't see reason to suspect AJ more than anyone else, whereas your flipping out all of a sudden makes me a bit suspicious.

Vote Count

Lily (1) : Dice

Hally (7) : Zander, Nini, Wiffy, Lenlo, Luthine, AJ, Lily

AJ (1) : Hally

Not Voting : Talmanes, Kat, Nyn

That's a lynch.

Writeup incoming.

With 4 people not on the Hallia train, can we assume that one Mafia at least had to be on her wagon? Number-wise if there are indeed 4 Mafia they could indeed be the ones who didn't vote/voted elsewhere but I find that unlikely.

Kat said she'd be more communicative on Monday, but I agree that her and Wifi should be at the top of the suspects list. I'd also love to hear more from Talmanes and to a lesser degree Lily.

I'm still not convinced one way or another by Dice and Lenlo.

I don't have much to say. I hesitated following Halli's last couple of posts because I know her on a personal level and I realized what day it was and what it implied. That might not apply as a "reason" for some of you, but it was enough for to take a step back and want to wait for Zander to weigh in and reassess.

irt AJ, my main issue was him putting her at L-1 when I was clearly still interacting her and asking her questions. What was the rush? For someone he wasn't necessarily that sure of and was "ok" with lynching but showed no real conviction (like Zander and I did), I thought that if he saw me, ie someone who WAS actively pushing her, asking her questions, he'd back off and give me the room to feel her out instead of shrugging and saying she was getting lynched either way.

Again, there was plenty of time and I didn't get what was the hurry. I also don't understand the "can't trust her going forward anyhow" angle from his part because I didn't really get the feeling that he was outright scum reading her, more so falling in with Zander and I, and saying its an informative lynch. It didn't FEEL like he expected her to flip scum, in my opinion. It felt like he just wanted the lynch to happen. Also the way he worded how it PAINS him to vote her and "trying to be nice" was a bunch of BS. So that combined with him getting in the way of my interaction with her is why I called his voting post gross. 

irt Lily, I don't know. She did vote like an hour and a half later, after Halli isoed AJ. But at that point I was waiting for Zander and not really interacting with Halli anymore. So I don't really understand what was the point of her waiting. Obviously I wanted to wait for Zander to show before any vote was cast,  but if she was going to do whatever anyhow, I don't get the wait. Why give someone youre scum reading and plan on hammering the time to do an ISO you're going to ignore anyhow? 

I don't have much to say. I hesitated following Halli's last couple of posts because I know her on a personal level and I realized what day it was and what it implied. That might not apply as a "reason" for some of you, but it was enough for to take a step back and want to wait for Zander to weigh in and reassess.

irt AJ, my main issue was him putting her at L-1 when I was clearly still interacting her and asking her questions. What was the rush? For someone he wasn't necessarily that sure of and was "ok" with lynching but showed no real conviction (like Zander and I did), I thought that if he saw me, ie someone who WAS actively pushing her, asking her questions, he'd back off and give me the room to feel her out instead of shrugging and saying she was getting lynched either way.

Again, there was plenty of time and I didn't get what was the hurry. I also don't understand the "can't trust her going forward anyhow" angle from his part because I didn't really get the feeling that he was outright scum reading her, more so falling in with Zander and I, and saying its an informative lynch. It didn't FEEL like he expected her to flip scum, in my opinion. It felt like he just wanted the lynch to happen. Also the way he worded how it PAINS him to vote her and "trying to be nice" was a bunch of BS. So that combined with him getting in the way of my interaction with her is why I called his voting post gross. 

irt Lily, I don't know. She did vote like an hour and a half later, after Halli isoed AJ. But at that point I was waiting for Zander and not really interacting with Halli anymore. So I don't really understand what was the point of her waiting. Obviously I wanted to wait for Zander to show before any vote was cast,  but if she was going to do whatever anyhow, I don't get the wait. Why give someone youre scum reading and plan on hammering the time to do an ISO you're going to ignore anyhow? 

re: bolded. You asked her if her personal stuff was affecting her, then about her read on Niniel, to which she answered with a detailed ISO, but that was pretty much it if I'm not mistaken, and you yourself admit that by the time Lily voted you'd stopped questioning her so I don't see what AJ's voting had to do with anything...

Lily seemed to be waiting for Hallia to continue with her ISO after she gave a detailed one on Niniel.

I'd like to vote Hallia, but it seems she's in the middle of an ISO and I'll let her finish.

After this, Hallia came back and gave a brief talk about AJ, her beef with him was about him "now is picking low-hanging fruit yes, I feel it is quite opportunistic." Not a really detailed ISO or one that examines patterns etc...

I read this as Lily waiting for more ISO, coming back to find nothing that convinced her otherwise and so going on with her vote.

The timing of AJ's vote is the one I dislike the most, because there was a possibility for a turning point. I unvoted Halli for a claim but after she showed and claimed, I was feeling her out again and reassessing, and he got in the middle of it saying she was getting lynched either way and we might as well get it over with. Obviously, I felt differently.

With over 24 hours left, why not wait for Zander to weigh in, considering he reads her best? Why not wait for the others who weren't even voting, to place a vote for reference and, hell, even have a competing train? Wouldn't we have more information if we allowed for that, regardless of Halli's flip?  Quite possibly. It wasn't JUST about Halli's flip. Talamanes and Kat weren't even voting, and considering they were players of interest, it would have been equally informative to know where they would have landed on. I'd think AJ, in particular, would be interested to see who Tal would vote for if push comes to shove, considering how many times he mentioned him as a suspect and then he leaves him room to stay neutral on the VC? Eh.

The timing of AJ's vote is the one I dislike the most, because there was a possibility for a turning point. I unvoted Halli for a claim but after she showed and claimed, I was feeling her out again and reassessing, and he got in the middle of it saying she was getting lynched either way and we might as well get it over with. Obviously, I felt differently.

With over 24 hours left, why not wait for Zander to weigh in, considering he reads her best? Why not wait for the others who weren't even voting, to place a vote for reference and, hell, even have a competing train? Wouldn't we have more information if we allowed for that, regardless of Halli's flip?  Quite possibly. It wasn't JUST about Halli's flip. Talamanes and Kat weren't even voting, and considering they were players of interest, it would have been equally informative to know where they would have landed on. I'd think AJ, in particular, would be interested to see who Tal would vote for if push comes to shove, considering how many times he mentioned him as a suspect and then he leaves him room to stay neutral on the VC? Eh.

Hmm, okay, good points. I was personally getting impatient to have some results and feeling pretty good about the Hallia vote and didn't stop to consider how other options would yield information as well.

Awww, aren't you a peach. I really wonder how I could ever have considered you unpleasant.

I'd hoped you'd at least be mature enough not to let things interfere with the game but that was giving you too much credit :smile:

General thought, I didn't remember in the games I'd played that so much thought was given to "Meta" and reading people based on their "townie baseline" so I'm wondering how efficient that is. I'm guessing most often it is since you guys keep on using it but bf other players know your "baseline", can't you play on that and stick to your "townie behavior" to fool people?

Reason I'm asking is that some votes against Hallia were motivated by the fact that she was off her game (or that was part of the reason anyway). Except that she was off for off-game reasons, so it's an interesting counter-example.

[v] Wifi [/v]

I feel ok about Kat and AJ

Find it odd that Luth thinks she and I could be teammates

That's a really apathetic and lackluster reply considering the fact that you had 3 votes against you at this time.

Also you were second on my suspicions list so ?

Atp I'd feel good about voting Wifi but since the wagon's forming on Hallia and I'm still suspicious [v]Hallia[/v]

A coroner's report should give us some well needed solid information.

Cant refute Luths logic here again.  Not feeling too bad about this slot tho I wish I had a baseline to operate from.

What does "Not feeling too bad about this slot" mean in this context? (English isn't my first language and some colloquialisms stump me sometimes)

General thought, I didn't remember in the games I'd played that so much thought was given to "Meta" and reading people based on their "townie baseline" so I'm wondering how efficient that is. I'm guessing most often it is since you guys keep on using it but bf other players know your "baseline", can't you play on that and stick to your "townie behavior" to fool people?

Reason I'm asking is that some votes against Hallia were motivated by the fact that she was off her game (or that was part of the reason anyway). Except that she was off for off-game reasons, so it's an interesting counter-example.

Idealy yes u can stick to ure townie meta  but when scum it can be hard to do. Then theres the fact that people have built up tells    like i have one on Zander and refuse to tell him what it is.  In order to stick to townie meta as scum u gotta work at it.

its probably easier this game tho cause EVERYONE needs to scum hunt.

Also  theres a bunch of us here who know each other really well thru skype  so THAT comes into it too....

Nyn you had no issue lynching Hallia when you put her at L-2 the first time. What was there to reassess?

I'll acknowledge your point that waiting for Talmanes and others to come back could've gave more info, but it's been over 12 hours since the lynch and we are *still* waiting for them to return. I'm not sure the end result would've been any different, anyway.

Also, Hallia's reaction to my vote was why I tried to be polite about it.

It's still a game and all, but being told you're better off dead than alive can have a certain sting. I stand by my statements though. This wringing of hands stuff after the fact is eye roll worthy imo.

Nyn you had no issue lynching Hallia when you put her at L-2 the first time. What was there to reassess?

I'll acknowledge your point that waiting for Talmanes and others to come back could've gave more info, but it's been over 12 hours since the lynch and we are *still* waiting for them to return. I'm not sure the end result would've been any different, anyway.

I already explained it. Obviously I thought Halli was suspect, that goes without saying. But when I realized what day it was, I took a step back and tried to understand. A big part of my issue with Hallia was her lack of WIM. And it's usually a pretty good tell for her. I just got out of a game on JN where I nailed her as scum for it. But when I asked her about father's day and she replied and with the extenuating circumstances, I was conflicted and I wanted to hear what Zander thought of what she said. That's why I didn't revote her after she claimed. And why I didn't hammer her after you put her at L-1. And honestly? I still don't understand what was the big rush, if according to you, "she was getting lynched no matter what".

As far as getting in the way, call it however you want. Putting her at L-1 and at risk of a hammer while I'm still talking to her is getting in the way in my book. I didn't like it and I said as much at the time. And after I was done interacting with her I made it pretty clear that I was waiting for Zander to show up. Obviously I can't make other players do what I want, but I voiced my preference. In my experience Zander is somewhat more attuned to reading Halli correctly and I think he's likely town, so his input was pretty invaluable to me. 

Also, Hallia's reaction to my vote was why I tried to be polite about it.

It's still a game and all, but being told you're better off dead than alive can have a certain sting. I stand by my statements though. This wringing of hands stuff after the fact is eye roll worthy imo.

Thing is, I called your vote post gross before she got hammered, so it's not really after the fact?

Archived