DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Made 2 posts with it

1st saying if were not masons youre likely scum, 2nd are you lying, then posted as myself.

Do you think I hide who I am as Scum!Zander?

I'm not sure, frankly.  There are benefits to both as scum.

I think if you are scum then dropping anonymity was probably a blundering response to Turin's in-thread hello post @ you.  But that doesn't help much.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made 2 posts with it

1st saying if were not masons youre likely scum, 2nd are you lying, then posted as myself.

Do you think I hide who I am as Scum!Zander?

I'm not sure, frankly.  There are benefits to both as scum.

I think if you are scum then dropping anonymity was probably a blundering response to Turin's in-thread hello post @ you.  But that doesn't help much.

Does this sound like something as either alignment that would effect my decision to?

Do I think Zander as either alignment might go "awh s--- he knows who I am" and reveal in QT?

Yes?

:unsure:

Because he said hi to me as his first post after I started posting?

Are effing kidding me?

Let me phrase it this way, do you think Scum!Zander posts in the QT secretly, then at the SAME time starts posting in the thread if im trying to really NOT let him know who I am?

Or is it more likely to come from Town!Zander being paranoid and seeing what what was what and feeling things out, I stopped because I decided I was gonna do the back and forth because nothing could be proven the QT and it wasnt something I was gonna bother with

Which seems more likely to you?

Good morning. Welcome to the weekend :)

When I was younger my mum used to tell me off for saying Sugar! When something went wrong. Because she knew what I meant really. She was a bit extreme - especially as I picked that up from her - but there's really no need to use extra verbs I think.

Yup 1 is definitely more than enough :)

Good morning. Welcome to the weekend :)

When I was younger my mum used to tell me off for saying Sugar! When something went wrong. Because she knew what I meant really. She was a bit extreme - especially as I picked that up from her - but there's really no need to use extra verbs I think.

Yup 1 is definitely more than enough :)

So...sugar isn't pg13?

Do I think Zander as either alignment might go "awh s--- he knows who I am" and reveal in QT?

Yes?

:unsure:

Because he said hi to me as his first post after I started posting?

Are *you* kidding me?

Let me phrase it this way, do you think Scum!Zander posts in the QT secretly, then at the SAME time starts posting in the thread if im trying to really NOT let him know who I am?

Or is it more likely to come from Town!Zander being paranoid and seeing what what was what and feeling things out, I stopped because I decided I was gonna do the back and forth because nothing could be proven the QT and it wasnt something I was gonna bother with

Which seems more likely to you?

Then why use the fake name at all? I Can see you storming into the thread zandering away and then thinking that you didn't want to tell me who you were. But it was too late then. So you were forced to eject from that plan.

Bold: do you mean you only wanted to do the back and forth in thread? This doesn't make sense that you would only be willing to discuss things on QT if you could remain anonymous. To me your entire interaction there doesn't make sense from a town PoV.

BTW, I'm presently out in Leeds and only have what WiFi I can get out here. So I will be sporadic.

Re dice in the QT... on the 6th, My post #16 there says I think dice is mafia. His post #17 says he agrees. It doesn't trust me. This is his last post in the QT BTW. On the 7th, My post #18 I tell him I will likely vote Z or dice.

I had obviously already made my post about dice claiming ghost prior to that but not sure if I had gone further.

Why hint? I knew what I was. If by some chance I still get lynched I will flip EXACTLY as I stated.

You didn't CONSIDER the possibility of us being V/V. If you don't know you should be asking people. There is a reason for the role to NOT be confirmed but to have to work towards trust. I was completely honest with you from the start of the game. You came in with a false name. You didn't make any effort in QT to look into me. I tried to give you benefit of doubt and hope you would come along. you went right into nudging me ITT. If we could have shown we were both town to each other there then we would have been in better shape as town. You basically deciding I was mafia from the start and in effect casing me in thread while avoiding me in QT led me to believe that you are in fact mafia.

About Dice. Do you deny that I told you I thought he was mafia before you did in QT. I will have to check but I don't think you had sussed him in thread yet either. So keep working at that. Especially since I had questioned Dice before you were even in thread or QT.

Keep fighting. I know you won't quit in either alignment.

Funny I went after Dice first where you just threw together a Yolo D1 wolf team tho eh....

Pretty sure Im not supposed to be talking about the game outside of the game, and I left some breadcrumbs as to my role cause I didnt want it fully outed atp, just to see who picked it up and see how you reacted.

Im not talking to you in the QT because I dont know if I can trust you, you said Id use as Town!Zander to garner information, but nothing I glean can be validated ITT and therefore is just heresy or conjuncture and cant be proved. Ill uss the thread to validate my points and concerns.

And about Dice, yes I do,

Also like the fact you bring out fighting as either alignment because, tho I do, after last game i think everyone knows that I fight much much harder as Town so if youre Scum, that comment may come back to bite you in the end brother,

Blue, Turin is claiming he brought up Dice to you in private. That would have happened before the yolo statement, if I'm following him correctly. Again, did this happen or not?

Red is a stretch. Do you honestly think that's what Turin meant regardless of his alignment?

Green, I'm not sure I follow. I mean no, we can't see the content of your QT, but wouldn't it have been beneficial for you to try and develop a read on him there regardless?

I answered the Blue. No

I dont really know tbqh. I thought I answered it as it was asked.

Possibly, possibly not but either way it not proveable so id rather do it in thread. If we were Masons ofc it would be different.

Ok. So one of the two of you is lying.

This is correct.

And it is him. He is now doubly confirmed as mafia to Me.

He needs to go.

One final thought on this. Z proclaims he didn't want to use the QT to assist in getting a read on Me because he couldn't use it to prove his case. I would say this is a mafia mindset. Townies would be more concerned about getting the read right. Because if we could have taken away the doubt them it is better for town. We would have in effect turned.ourselves into masons(at least to ourselves). This is a powerful thing. That he basically went in the complete opposite direction is very telling to me.

I am compiling interactions between Turin and Zander, and what they have said about each other ITT and the reads they have developed on each other.

Before I post my results, though, I want to hear from both of you when you started suspecting each other and why. I know Turin has already touched base on this recently, but please indulge me with one full concise answer.

I was suspicious of Z from his initial posts on our QT. First that he was using a fake name cause I don't see a reason for town to hide there. Also because his original stance was that I MUST be mafia because we weren't listed as masons. He didn't seem to even consider the real possibility we could have been V/V. To my knowledge he still hasn't. Finally.he didn't try to engage in the 1 on 1 interaction that he could have used to gain insight and make a correct read. He just ran with his initial assumption Which was based on either a misunderstanding of the mechanic or his knowledge he was mafia therefore we could not be on the same team. I think it was the latter.

That is about all my QT based suspicion. ITT he has been only surface level from the start of the game IMO. Finally, there just isn't any true Zander fire. I don't see any real conviction.

That might not be exactly concise but there it is.

Okay, finally caught up! No email notifications, ugh :sad:

Anyways, thoughts:

So sad John left. He was my number 1 Town Read. So stronk. Hopefully Hallia follows suit (welcome!)

Eldrick looks town to me based on his interactions with Tsuki a while ago. Was very ready to vote Tsuki pre-claim. 

Speaking of claims!

In terms of Turin vs. Zander, I had a stronger town lean on Zander previously, but based on his actions in the QT and his subsequent attempt to defend himself, he comes across as the scummier of the two to me. If as he himself said, one of them is indeed not town, then I believe it is Zander who is scum of the two.

Not sure how I feel about Dice. Dice's meta doesn't ever really seem to help me one way or another. 

Town reads on Rey and Alanna. Null on BFG, Shad, and Niniel. After a Zander flip I'd move on to my null reads 

Vote Zander

THIS IS ALL BASED ON SPECULATION FROM A FIN QT!!!

BUILD A CASE ON ME FROM THE THREAD FFS!!!

WHEN I FLIP TOWN WTF IS NEXT?

WILL YOU LYNCH TURIN?

IF THE ANSWER FROM EVERYONE IS YES I SELF VOTE THIS IS PURE STUPIDITY.

I was suspicious of Z from his initial posts on our QT. First that he was using a fake name cause I don't see a reason for town to hide there. Also because his original stance was that I MUST be mafia because we weren't listed as masons. He didn't seem to even consider the real possibility we could have been V/V. To my knowledge he still hasn't. Finally.he didn't try to engage in the 1 on 1 interaction that he could have used to gain insight and make a correct read. He just ran with his initial assumption Which was based on either a misunderstanding of the mechanic or his knowledge he was mafia therefore we could not be on the same team. I think it was the latter.

That is about all my QT based suspicion. ITT he has been only surface level from the start of the game IMO. Finally, there just isn't any true Zander fire. I don't see any real conviction.

That might not be exactly concise but there it is.

Hyprocrite you posted your Yolo D1 reads with me in it and proceed to build a case from the QT.

Its my first time with this role and after reading it and I know I'm Town I decided this was the best course of action

What are you gonna say when I flip Town Turin?

This is the first iirc of any actual game related stuff on me from Turin and its weak BS  Alanna's already mentioned something ITT that Im not druming up more RL stuff but its there and Im playing in 2 games.

Okay, finally caught up! No email notifications, ugh :sad:

Anyways, thoughts:

So sad John left. He was my number 1 Town Read. So stronk. Hopefully Hallia follows suit (welcome!)

Eldrick looks town to me based on his interactions with Tsuki a while ago. Was very ready to vote Tsuki pre-claim. 

Speaking of claims!

In terms of Turin vs. Zander, I had a stronger town lean on Zander previously, but based on his actions in the QT and his subsequent attempt to defend himself, he comes across as the scummier of the two to me. If as he himself said, one of them is indeed not town, then I believe it is Zander who is scum of the two.

Not sure how I feel about Dice. Dice's meta doesn't ever really seem to help me one way or another. 

Town reads on Rey and Alanna. Null on BFG, Shad, and Niniel. After a Zander flip I'd move on to my null reads 

Vote Zander

Funny thing this is the common theme.

This is also a pretty thread consensus post with no real original thoughts provided at all.

Also the bold. dudes posted 3 times before that so he knew the game was going on.

RTE, DIce Turin Scum team?

Archived