DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Hallia

[Advanced] Star Wars Mafia

The above post and vote by eldrick?  Just another in an already decent sized list of reasons he is town.

@Darthe: everybody still is a potential wolf this game. I'm a bit skeptical with people clearing eachother this early in the game. 

took me more than 5 minutes to get the bloody page to reload, bloody firewalls at work... 

I do not share this difficulty.  I'm actually pretty content with misclearing people in the early game and figuring it out later.

I'm pretty content never clearing anyone and just playing the odds.

I have a theory that Seph doesn't know what he was trying to do.  No offense Seph.

It'd be a lot better for the town if people generally acted in a more purposeful manner instead of flinging things about and hoping that one of them creates a result.  

Two reasons.  Reliability and consistency.  If you don't know what you're doing you don't know what result you expect and thus it's all so much inference and correlated guesswork.

So basically, you never go full Darthe?

I'm outlandish and don't always follow my own rules but I do recognize which ones I'm breaking when I break them.  

Besides, when is the last time that I really screwed up a game?*

*Don't ask ATPG

*Don't ask the Pizza Guy imo.

..totally missed that.  Dang that's dumb.

Really I expect that 20 seconds in you keep listening.  The whole thing is great but especially the next five minutes or so.

The above post and vote by eldrick?  Just another in an already decent sized list of reasons he is town.

@Darthe: everybody still is a potential wolf this game. I'm a bit skeptical with people clearing eachother this early in the game. 

took me more than 5 minutes to get the bloody page to reload, bloody firewalls at work... 

I do not share this difficulty.  I'm actually pretty content with misclearing people in the early game and figuring it out later.

I'm pretty content never clearing anyone and just playing the odds.

Can't do it.  Paranoia would kill me if I tried to play that way but then I'm not one to keep myself detached from the game at all.  I love posting in the moment and playing up my natural feels as either alignment where you're very tempered (or at least come off that way).

Caught up.  Not much else to comment on until some other people start posting more.

IS TURIN TOWN?  

Help Dice out, he is as good as he is going to get here I think.

I'm pretty damn paranoid.  I just learn to recognize it and step away rather than letting it rattle around inside my skull.

Caught up.  Not much else to comment on until some other people start posting more.

IS TURIN TOWN?  

Turin is null to slight town atm.  You are null.  Overall null.

IS TURIN TOWN?  

Turin is null to slight town atm.  You are null.  Overall null.

I generally expect you to commit to reads more by 32 pages in.  Are we crossing each other out or something?

Stop role hunting Eldrick.

Huh? Role hunting didn't even cross my mind.

night eldrick. i'll respond to your questions when i'm good and ready.

Upon reflection, I can see how what I said could be construed as role fishing. It was not my intent, though, and you are solidly town in my book for even worrying about that. I cannot conceive of a scenario where mafia would pretend to be concerned about role fishing.

Upon reflection, I can see how what I said could be construed as role fishing. It was not my intent, though, and you are solidly town in my book for even worrying about that. I cannot conceive of a scenario where mafia would pretend to be concerned about role fishing.

This was a terrible post.

This was a terrible post.

And because I can't sleep yet despite the fact that I have to get up in four hours I am back.

So many of you make terrible posts on a regular basis.  That's not going to hold water as an argument for or against reading someone.

Laine, Talya, Shad, Zander, Seph, Thane, Eldrick, Csarmi, Turin, Sooh, Thane, Me many many times.

Everyone in that list regularly horrible horrible posts on a regular basis, posts that should never be said if your goal is to get people to read you positively and maintain that read over time.  

I'm actually heading to bed for not-sleep myself. I'm working much earlier than usual, as I'm covering someone's shift. I start work an hour before my alarm typically starts going off. I gotta try to get some sleep.

What I see when reading this post is mainly a sense of eagerness.

Maybe your experiences differ from mine (Shad/whoever is reading) but my experiences with Eldrick say that he is an excited and smart townie, someone who is really blooming and getting into the game more and more each time.  Notably I have no wolf meta on him though we apparently played a game together where he was a wolf.  What I expect of him (in general) is that his posts have content, purpose and direction but that they don't pay any particular mind to phrasing and that he tends to stray from his point over time.  I don't much expect deep analysis here though he delves into it on occasion.  What I like about Eldrick is his ability to accept things as they come, that's a very valuable trait.

In this particular post he retains his point, recognizes that he may have made a potential slip and owns that and then he runs with it.  He even overdoes it.  The word "Solidly" here is rhetoric and the entire final sentence is repetitive, something an experienced debater only does to reinforce a point.  The argument can thus be made, especially in such a setting where we are both looking for people who intend to manipulate us and where we do not know the background of the individual in question, that this is inherently negative from Eldrick.  That is true.  

My counter argument, the reason I say that it is irrelevant (not positive, but unimportant)  is precisely because we do not know Eldrick's background.  Our experiences with him are limited and for all intents and purposes this seems to match his behavior thus far in the game.  So we see internal consistency, a manner of posting that seems aloof, uncaring of how others interpret it, and a player who is excited to be here.

I would think that if you were going to draw a conclusion from this post (I advise against that) it would be that Eldrick is slightly townier for making it.