DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vampire Diaries Mafia- Mafia Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so setup. a) yes, I saw TVD, or at least a few seasons of it. What can I say, I was bored. 

Doing this because 0 NKs when we have a vig claiming to have shot is important.

Damon is an ideal SK. 

The Originals make a pretty decent cult too. They can compel just about anyone.  (>inb4 spreading fear of cult)

If there is a RB, vig would be a pretty good choice at this stage in the game, so plausible. But the doc getting the mafia kill too? Probabilities are rapidly dropping.

Alaric is a better option for a SK if he is in the game. If Damon is a SK, he might be triggered like the Walking Mafia game AJ created: so if Elena is killed Damon becomes SK.

JS, I was told I was 'blocked'. Now whether that means I hit someone under protection or was RB'd is up for debate.

Also, you doubt my claim despite arguing yesterday that my character was like 'Ron Weasley in HP' and that he must be included and Town aligned?

Gaming the mod isn't illegal, so I'm trying to think balance/probablities. Prodoc/lucky maf is 1/15. 6.6% Unlikely. You being RB'd is likely though.

You being 'blocked', as said by the mod, is certainly suggestive of a RBer. 

I'm not familiar with the series at all.

All I know is that I am Town, I was 'blocked' last night which tells me I was either on the right trial and spooked the Mafia (why else would they block me if I suspected another Townie) or I shot at the Doc.

Also Arez claiming to be my brother without a CC (and based on what some of you said who know the series) tells me he is Town as well.

Alright, so setup. a) yes, I saw TVD, or at least a few seasons of it. What can I say, I was bored. 

Doing this because 0 NKs when we have a vig claiming to have shot is important.

Damon is an ideal SK. 

The Originals make a pretty decent cult too. They can compel just about anyone.  (>inb4 spreading fear of cult)

If there is a RB, vig would be a pretty good choice at this stage in the game, so plausible. But the doc getting the mafia kill too? Probabilities are rapidly dropping.

Alaric is a better option for a SK if he is in the game. If Damon is a SK, he might be triggered like the Walking Mafia game AJ created: so if Elena is killed Damon becomes SK.

I was thinking the other doppleganger vampire as the other likely SK. But I'd see a SK shooting at AJ. Vigs are dangerous to SKs. They need to be lucky once. 

Maybe toss in a JK for a house/the tomb? AJ is an excellent JK choice. 

Ok here are what I can see after reading everything through. I did have a vote placed on Wombat - but it wasn't part of the train, I misunderstood something and I should have removed it before I went MIA. Some of what I think about people's alliances are due to the town flip for Wombat. Since he is the only person I know for sure is town with me at this point. 

AJ: I'm not sure how he usually plays. I had a slight town read on him, but more willing to believe it with his character claim. No one has disproved this, and I doubt Time would make a game without that character. (I love the series btw) But I don't quite understand the Vig role yet, and his move to vote for Wombat is suspicious. He also played some silly votes, even when serious game time started. I am still leaning town, but not enough to be confident. 

John Snow: Not much for me to work with. Jumped the vote on me for my banter jokes with Rag, then some not as serious posts, then toward the end of the deadline moved his vote to Wombat. Stronger scum read here so far than town. 

Hallia: Not sure about her - she says she is gullible and seemed understanding of my ridiculous flailing. She voted AJ for a bit, then after his reveal moved to the Wombat train. Not sure about her at all yet. Need more. 

Me - Vanilla town. I can give my character if needed. 

Tayla/Darthe: I was getting a pretty strong scum read on her early on, and that really hasn't changed since Darthe took her place. When someone replaces, do they have the same character? Darthe stated he was not wanting to read through the posts so far - is someone updating him, which would make him mafia, yes? Tayla started the Wombat voting, but I think Darthe moved it to Des later - I might need to read the Tayla/Darthe posts again, but this is my strongest scum read. 

Rag: Stated a town read on Basel, mentioned Tina later. He has lots of fluff posts, then says he has a bad feeling about Goldeneyes and Wombat. He later moves his vote to Wombat. I said earlier he is being nicer than other games I have seen him play, and this hasn't changed. I put him in my probable scum group. 

Thea - stated scum reads on Tayla/Darthe - which is where I am leaning, she did some rolefishing, and in the end never voted. This is more suspicious to me. Leaning scum here too. 

Tina: Suspicious of Tayla/Darthe - I don't have much here though. I want to say town because Tayla/Darthe is my strongest read thus far, but I need more, so I could go either way here. 

Dap: Said he was leaning scum with Basel, then Votes snow for equal trains, then moves his vote to AJ. Mild scum read but need more. 

Bella: Not much being said here. Voted Darthe. I need more - I want to say town, but I am not sure about her yet. I need to read more here - did she keep her vote on Darthe, or did she go unvoted during the final count? I need to check that later. 

Wombat - Town

Ley: seemed very understanding of my flailing, but I need to try to not let that make me think town, when it could be something else. He had voted Aj, then moved to the Wombat train. I liked his reads on people, but with the vote for Wombat I am unsure. More of a scum read, but I need more. 

Despo: Voted Tayla, had a lot to say about my scummy behavior. I didn't like the post where he joked about "being harder to catch when scum" about changing meta which included a wink face. I'm leaning town here, but then he posted a big list about why womby and Darthe are scum together with Arez. I am leaning town with Despo, but need more. 

Basel: not much has changed from what I said earlier here - leaning town, but he hasn't given me nearly enough to go on. He has a few non game related posts after the whole thing with AJ, then is complaining about phone and stuff. Not sure about him yet. 

Arez: stated a scum vibe with JS, not too much informative posts for the game happening, then he jumps the wombat train. I need more from him - he feels slightly scummy but I'm just not sure and haven't read a game he has played before, so I don't know anything about how he plays. 

Golden: Not being quite as aggressive as I normally see him, which is suspicious for me, but I do know he had family stuff this weekend and that could be causing less posts. He did say he felt Wombat was town. I am leaning town with him here as well. 

So in short my list for likely scum reads: Tayla/Darthe, Ley, Thea, Rag

Not sure of anyone, but need more from JS, Hallia, Tina, Dap, Arez, Bella

I'm really not sure of anyone and totally suspicious at this point, but leaning town with AJ, Golden, Basel. 

So a couple last questions if people didn't see them in this post earlier: How exactly does the Vig role work? Does Darthe have the same character that Tayla did (because her posts were part of my scum read here). 

Ok - I have to check a few things on DM - will maybe check more later, but I'm going to also go to bed shortly. I hope this helps everyone see that I do want to learn, and do a better job scumhunting and being less defensive. Again, I apologize for leaving, but I do want to learn.

Okay Aidanna, two things I appreciate from you:

1. That you decided to keep playing

2. That you thoughtfully gave us your thoughts on everyone, very helpful ty

Two things I don't quite appreciate:

1. You try to distance yourself from Wombat's lynch, saying you weren't part of the train.... this is a really bad thing to say. Your vote counted just like anyone else's. Regardless of if you meant to leave it on him or not, don't try and shrug away responsibility for helping to lynch a townie. Looks extremely questionable.

2. I like you getting your reads out... but I don't much like the reads themselves. You're too noncommittal in most of them, saying you "need more from them" in far too many examples. Plus, your list of scum/"need more from" reads at the end doesn't exactly jive with the reads you give earlier in the post. However, I think it's more likely that scum would not get their "reads" mixed up, whereas a newer town player might, so I have a tentative town read on you for now. That being said, I would still like some definitive opinions from you on some players, not all necessarily, just the ones who stand out most to you.

I am sorry but RL happened and I had important guests who came earlier. Don't forget that we live in diferent time zones. And that I suddenly disappeared from all DM - this could be checked. It would not make any difference though as I would have voted Talya/Dathe. Of course I am trying to find more information. What is the rest doing?

Saying that your DM activity could be checked makes it look like you have a guilty conscience. And btw, "checking" that would accomplish nothing, since you could have kept off DM for a while knowing that others might find you not checking back in to be strange.

Major ping.

Cool. I am ten pages in. Here is what I got:

Wombat was defensive early on which was odd for him. I can see this as the basis for some people running with his train so jt will be hard to effectively analyze late game.

Hally is safing which is also odd but not scummy.

Early game interactions suggests that we will have a scummer between Andrej and Aidanna. My bet is aidanna.

Rag looks sexy this game. 10/10 would sheep

My spider senses tell me that I shouldn't trust Theo. Or maybe it was that SK game.

Tina is good to go. Her and basel are my two most trusted at this point.

Des has the same number of posts as I do and at this point I'm not even a player.

Arez looks fine.

Should lynch a newbie. Seriously. Its a coached group but each of them are tossing tells.

Why is Hallia safing not scummy? I find her extremely questionable of late.

And how is Basel one of your "most trusted"? I liked his reactions to the train on him earlier, but I DON'T like him failing to contribute after that as well as his recent posts.

I can only assume you're trying to troll me with that crap about me having the same amount of posts as you. Dude. You freaking spammed the thread when you WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING YET, and then have thrown out spam after spam, filler after filler. I could iso you and mebbe find 4-5 posts of actual meaningful contributions to the game. I dare you to find 5 posts of mine that do not offer SOME kind of contribution. Troll elsewhere, Mr. Toolbag.

That was uneventful.

You sound disappointed. Sad that you weren't able to get rid of a townie?

^^^ About as opportunistic as it gets right here.

I wonder if you tried to target the same person as mafia, and doc got lucky?  Can I ask who you tried to kill?

Such a blatant antitown move. Thinking you are scum. You're also back to your old tricks again, skating by without offering much in the way of your actual thoughts about other players.

brown-chicken-brown-cow.jpg

^^^gratuitous pic designed to grab Hallia's attention

HALLIA: Why have you only gotten out town reads so far? Why have I not seen you point out any behavior which seemed scummy to you? Why have you ducked questions and comments directed at you?

I'm leaning the latter.

My guess was that the Doc protected me, and Mafia tried to pick me off and block me at the same time. I think I telegraphed pretty clearly who I was going to shoot at yesterday.

@AJ: I'm so, so sorry , but the doc shouldn't be so sure of your townieness. Even if you are telling the truth, vigs often do town more harm than good.

He WAS the only claimed PR yesterday however, so it's not outlandish at all to think that the Doc might have protected him.

Funny you should say that Basel.

I was blocked.

So the vig and scum kill both got RB'ed?

May not be an awful idea for the town roleblocker to come forward.  Chances are they blocked a killer.

Shameless rolefishing.

It doesn't look in any way like it's trying to rolefish subtlely, so why even point this out, Basel? There's an obvious benefit to a Blocker coming forth if they blocked a kill. If Rags wanted to fish more discretely, I'm pretty sure he could do so.

Looks like a fake scumhunting post to me, and looks like you don't want it revealed who blocked a kill last night.

Sooooo many people I'd love to lynch today. Very few people that are even attempting to catch scum or show their willingness to.

WTL Basel, for bowing out of the discussion once the spotlight moved off of him, and for his recent scummy posts. He'd give a lot of info as well, since so many have weighed in on him and he gave a list of reads on everyone else.

WTL Izabella, who apparently doesn't care about this game, and has contradicted herself greatly in 50% of her posts (hasn't she only posted twice? The "randoms are bad, let's vote for an outlier right before the deadline" was the major contradiction)

WTL Darthe, for generally being a troll, and cause I found Talya very scummy and Darthe has done nothing to change my mind about that.

WTL Hallia, who has once again been skating by without adding much. Gave a bunch of town reads early on, pretty much nothing else since then. No scum reads.

Most of all, however, I am willing to lynch Theo, who has delved into some scummy setup talk (introducing ideas which could be manipulative, using her knowledge of theme to assist her in this regard), had some strange behavior around the end of day yesterday (acted like she would hammer AJ if not given a good enough response, ducked out when focus shifted to Wombat, said today she would have voted Darthe instead, and in general has had some very questionable posts lately.

Vote Theo.

Snow looks town btw, I like his recent catch up posts. Would like to hear more from Dap and Goldeneyes, and would like to hear just about anything from Hallia. Aidanna needs more concrete reads.

Yeah, I'm leaning town towards Snow aswell.

Just a thought, I'm very curious to why WoT felt the need to write that Elena was "hotoverheels" for both me and my brother. She might be some kind of.. I dunno.. recruiter. And last night she decided to recruit the brother with awesome kill powers and that was why his shot didn't go off. 

I am having a Deja vue - every time, Desp. This must be my meta - as soon as Desp smells the townie in me, he votes :smile: And you know where I leave (UK) and usually RL people have other RL people visiting which, sorry, Time, is more important than Mafia. I pointed it out as I just couldn't be on time for the lynch. I found Talya as scummy as you did, but now since it's Darthe playing, let's step back and vote Theo.

What's so scummy about the talk about the set-up? If I am scummy about it, then Jon Snow is as well - we were contemplating who from the series, could be what role in the game. What was scummy. That I forgot lovers could know each other?

So, Desp. why are you not voting Darthe today? You though Talya was scummy enough as to vote her?

Yeah, I'm leaning town towards Snow aswell.

Just a thought, I'm very curious to why WoT felt the need to write that Elena was "hotoverheels" for both me and my brother. She might be some kind of.. I dunno.. recruiter. And last night she decided to recruit the brother with awesome kill powers and that was why his shot didn't go off. 

Have you seen the series? Unless the originals are the townies, which is not, considering Mat dying the first night, Elena can't be a Recruiter. I see her as a Lover to Stefan, like in the series (but she loves Damon as well, so he keeps her always., thus VG).

Either I and the scum team both shot at the Doc who self protected (which is why I won't reveal who I shot)

AJ, this scenario makes no sense. If the doc's target is hit with two shots simultaneously, then standard mafia procedure calls for the kill to happen. Being protected by the doc saves you from one shot. You seem to be thinking that either you and the scum team both shot at the doc who self-protected or you got RBed. The doc being hit with both shots and surviving IMO only works if you got RBed in the first place.

Basel your posts today are giving me serious bad juju.

You seem awfully smug that my kill didn't go through.

Because I don't buy your vig claim, I think that you are anti-town, I think that an anti-town player's kill not going through is generally something for a townie player to be happy about (unless you are SK and shot at mafia), and even if you are a vig, then vigs tend to backfire and kill town way too much to want your kill to happen.

I'm leaning the latter.

My guess was that the Doc protected me, and Mafia tried to pick me off and block me at the same time. I think I telegraphed pretty clearly who I was going to shoot at yesterday.

@AJ: I'm so, so sorry , but the doc shouldn't be so sure of your townieness. Even if you are telling the truth, vigs often do town more harm than good.

He WAS the only claimed PR yesterday however, so it's not outlandish at all to think that the Doc might have protected him.

IMO if the only claimed PR is a vig, the doc should still self-protect whether they believe the vig claim or not. Doc is more important to town than vig. Which is exactly what happened.

I was blocked.

May not be an awful idea for the town roleblocker to come forward.  Chances are they blocked a killer.

Shameless rolefishing.

It doesn't look in any way like it's trying to rolefish subtlely, so why even point this out, Basel? There's an obvious benefit to a Blocker coming forth if they blocked a kill. If Rags wanted to fish more discretely, I'm pretty sure he could do so.

Looks like a fake scumhunting post to me, and looks like you don't want it revealed who blocked a kill last night.

All right, fine. Since I'm willing to bet that someone anti-town tried to kill me last night and scum most likely know this already.... I'm Meredith Fell. And i am the doc. I stopped a kill last night.

Because I don't buy your vig claim, I think that you are anti-town, I think that an anti-town player's kill not going through is generally something for a townie player to be happy about (unless you are SK and shot at mafia), and even if you are a vig, then vigs tend to backfire and kill town way too much to want your kill to happen.

I'm leaning the latter.

IMO if the only claimed PR is a vig, the doc should still self-protect whether they believe the vig claim or not. Doc is more important to town than vig. Which is exactly what happened.

I was blocked.

Shameless rolefishing.

All right, fine. Since I'm willing to bet that someone anti-town tried to kill me last night and scum most likely know this already.... I'm Meredith Fell. And i am the doc. I stopped a kill last night.

I'm leaning the latter.

I was blocked.

Shameless rolefishing.

Not time to fix the tags, so my comments are in bold blue.

I read the start of the game and feel like AJ and Snow could be mafia together.

It reads like AJ is excited mafia trying for his first gambit.

Now issues I have with this are the claims. Vig claim aside he is still intertwined with Arez now as one of the brothers. (Slim chance the mod included one and the other as a fake claim). Mafia wouldn't risk another member to save someone doing something like that, it'd take out AJ, snow, and Arez if it went wrong and it's just not worth it.

Des on the other hand takes full advantage of it all. Hmm

Aidanna is the first to start on the golden calling out actually. Interesting

Her and rag have that weird interaction pretty early on actually

I think AJ should say who he went for

He seems to suggest it was Basel, but if that were the case, how come no one died. If mafia target Basel then he would have two kills against him and die (usually but time might not be using that sort of thing). So if the mafia didn't target Basel, then who did they target and why no kill?

So it seems more likely AJ is lying

However I once again get back to the fact that Arez is semi vouching for him with his own claim. Too risky for mafia IMO

That's all I'm gunna do for now. It's 3 am and I actually feel a bit sleepy

I was blocked.

Shameless rolefishing.

Yup.  If I wanted to rolefish without you knowing, I would have.

I was blocked.

I think one of two things happened, as Hallia mentioned earlier.

Either I and the scum team both shot at the Doc who self protected (which is why I won't reveal who I shot)

Or the mafia RB'd me and the Doc protected successfully elsewhere. Whether it be on me or themselves or someone else completely.

So you shot at Basel?

Or is the first option out?

Sooooo many people I'd love to lynch today. Very few people that are even attempting to catch scum or show their willingness to.

WTL Basel, for bowing out of the discussion once the spotlight moved off of him, and for his recent scummy posts. He'd give a lot of info as well, since so many have weighed in on him and he gave a list of reads on everyone else.

WTL Izabella, who apparently doesn't care about this game, and has contradicted herself greatly in 50% of her posts (hasn't she only posted twice? The "randoms are bad, let's vote for an outlier right before the deadline" was the major contradiction)

WTL Darthe, for generally being a troll, and cause I found Talya very scummy and Darthe has done nothing to change my mind about that.

WTL Hallia, who has once again been skating by without adding much. Gave a bunch of town reads early on, pretty much nothing else since then. No scum reads.

Most of all, however, I am willing to lynch Theo, who has delved into some scummy setup talk (introducing ideas which could be manipulative, using her knowledge of theme to assist her in this regard), had some strange behavior around the end of day yesterday (acted like she would hammer AJ if not given a good enough response, ducked out when focus shifted to Wombat, said today she would have voted Darthe instead, and in general has had some very questionable posts lately.

Vote Theo.

Snow looks town btw, I like his recent catch up posts. Would like to hear more from Dap and Goldeneyes, and would like to hear just about anything from Hallia. Aidanna needs more concrete reads.

Des is basically clear in my mind.

Double quote fail. I may as well just give up and go to work now.

Ah, so I was right about you being townie on Day 1.  I'm awesome!

I think I like Hallia for today.

Or rather, you were actually blocked, meaning they have a roleblocker. 

As does she. There's about a billion other options, and you guys take RB to be the one and only option?

Actually this was my second post, my first post had a completely different line of thinking, if you read it.

@Des, you said I didn't have any scum reads?  I had three.   AJ, Aidanna, and Wombat.

Archived