DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MAFIA - **STARGATE SG1** - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Talya

I didn't like the manner of dap's revealing information. His story kept evolving. That tends to indicate that at least part is made up. Add in the way he handled his kill and I thought him likely mafia. The sk angle everyone else has spun is interesting tho.

You lumped me in with two people I find also likely mafia. Post count is not the only way to determine contribution. I was the one that confronted Pralaya regarding his error/spin about his role. I also was one of the first on dap. I still think Despo is likely mafia and you are linked with him just by those last few statements as well as the "can't make it past D3" line earlier.

My thought is that if some of the mafia are lurking then they have at least one person out leading conversation. Not necessarily pushing lynches but staying involved and looking helpful. I thought it was dap but it easily be you as well Darthe.

Are you more inclined to believe Len or Pralaya or both or neither ATM?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m sorry. BT work took all morning and I need to go to work now so that re-read will have to wait and my list as well. I especially need to read up on Des, NotBob and Dice. I will try to do it after work, wich is before the deadline. I still feel that a vote on Dap is the way to go. 

Just caught up.

Fwiw, I think Darthe is town. I got a one time Tracker viewing from Talya for answering the dog breed question first, and I tracked Darthe last night. It says he went nowhere, which seems to make sense if he targeted someone who couldn't be targeted and his action failed. Imo, if he was mafia (and the Janitor), his team would have had no problem with him submitting the kill or Janitoring someone again, considering that they would have known that a Watcher was already dead and Hallia, the claimed Tracker, couldn't use her NA. So either he's the Janitor and had only one shot at that ability, or he's town in my book.

And to weigh in on Cindy's idea, of lynching from those who were in the infirmary last night, I gotta say I think that's a really bad idea. It's all based on the assumption that Talya would have had a designated trigger man type role, when the VAST majority of mods let anyone on the team submit the kill, provided they're still alive. Not only that, but of that group we have one claimed Cop (whose claim looks a lot more solid now that it looks like Pray's CC was either a botched scum CC or a townie misunderstanding his role), one claimed Tracker (whose ability was vetted by Darthe), someone I have a slight town read on this game (Tina, for meta reasons), and someone else who lurks and doesn't post much in any game he's in, so inactivity for him is a nulltell. None of those seem like very good lynch candidates at all, and there really isn't a very solid case on any of them. With town sitting the way we are right now, we can't afford to test the waters or a theory with a lynch, we have to have good evidence and feel very strongly about the scumminess of whoever we end up stringing up.

As for who that should be, I still think Dap is the best choice. One time lynchproof, as well as perhaps one time NK-proof, SK makes a WHOLE lot more sense than what Dap is claiming as far as abilities and whatnot. Plus, his recent recanting on having a day shot is yet another example of him changing the story about his claim. Makes it even worse since I mentioned that him using a day shot would make him look more townie in my eyes.

asking was my wording des. I tend to be conscious of not getting modkilled. I should have said I tell her.

Even that still doesn't make sense to me. Bulletproof is a passive type ability, you don't need to activate it. Don't buy that you had to let the mod know to activate your ability. If it was important that you not be bulletproof every night or something, she would have made you a Commuter instead or something. Don't see any reason to have someone that's bulletproof "activate" their ability each night.

Not to mention that bulletproof is one of the common fake claims for mafia, as it justifies someone living till endgame.

Asking to be bulletproof? That makes no sense to me. Seems like a contrived claim.

Vote Dap so that my vote isn't buried in a wot

your list said asking to be bulletproof seems like a contrived claim, dice is next to bottom on your scum list, you've seen dap regenerate/survive a lynch (no dap, you could do that every day fir a year, i wouldn't buy your claim till i saw it mod confirmed), he was free last night with no kills succeeding, we don't know if there's a doc left, you want a guaranteed scum lynch, and there are good reasons to suspect dap is anti town and very possibly not scum, you've made cases to eliminate others (weak meta based reasoning? i don't see it)... and you say him being SK makes a whole lot more sense than anything else yet you vote him, instead of your highest scum team likely.

do you think it's a better idea to take out the SK or to try for scum? you think we may be in danger of being outnumbered soon?

if you're looking for a sure scum lynch and picking someone you seem sure isn't.

and you say you have a slight town read on tina based on meta and shes second from top on your not des town likelies, about the cop whose claim you seem to buy. because compared to the cc it looks more solid because the cc looks botched? looks like there are some holes in both claims so i don't much buy either, but they're both still pretty close to 50/50 for me.

your prose is contradictory to your list, or you haven't explained your reasoning.

having to activate bulletproof seems very weird. how would you know when to do that? x shot bulletproof to me would mean you can take x kills and survive, not that you would have to use some means of supernatural divination to determine when you felt... targety.

oh, yeah, des in this game hally, who you believed, had 2 NAs to use on one night, so not the standard model.

i have played games with triggers who if gone meant scum lost their shot. it happens.

in a game this rich with PRs, and a mod doing unconventional things, i don't see it that unlikely

@Cindy: scum doesn't just mean mafia btw. Scum means not town, or rather anti-town. And in this case I'd actually rather take out a SK instead of mafia. I have a feeling the numbers are already drastically close to endgame, so we need to try and stop as many NK's as possible. There might be protective roles out there still, but the task is more difficult if you have to account for multiple killers. Also I'm thinking that Dap may have not been able to use his kill last night because he was in the hospital as well, the scene yesterday seemed to hint at that.

Also, the deadline is hours away, so honestly it seemed like any other lynch would be tough to pull off anyways. I'd be willing to switch to Dice tho, if others are.

I had a little difficulty understanding exactly what you were saying with other parts of your post btw, but from what I did get: my meta read on Tina is based on the fact that she's more apologetic and asks more questions as town, as scum she tends to be slightly more aggressive and will sit back and take pot shots, haven't really seen her do much of that this game. The cop claims as well as their views are muddled to me, I don't exactly buy either one wholesale, but its feasible to me that both could be telling the truth so I'd rather not risk a mislynch on them. I'm pretty much in agreeance with you, either is about 50/50. One thing I can't get over is how Turin is intertwined with either claim: Lenlo claims to have viewed him, and Turin revealed having a symbiote to discredit Pray, but in a weird way Turin's reveal also sort of made Pray's claim more believable. So I could see him being teammates with either one if that one is lying.

What else. Oh yeah, I've seen a LOT more situations where someone is allowed to use two night actions at once than where the mod designates one trigger man. Also there isn't necessarily a "standard model" for how na's are resolved, every mod might do stuff a little diff. But I've NEVER seen a bulletproof role that had to activate his ability. I could buy it if Dice said he was a Commuter. As a BPV I don't buy it.

One more thing: just because something is possible doesn't mean you should bet on it. Your theory about the trigger man is plausible, but unlikely enough that using it to determine a lynch is way too risky imo. Much more likely that the mafia kill was RB'ed or stopped by the Doc or something.

Archived