DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Non Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

John E. Kelley

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Tink, was a really good episode. I'm just wondering why they haven't shown the Red Priest, without him how will they handle the whole Lord Beric-Hound thing? Was happy they kept the Jamie drinking the horse piss part. Glad to see pretty boy Lannister being taken down a peg.

@ Tiink - if you're having problems report them in the "DM8 Bug Reporting" forum up at the top of the main page

@ Nol - i think that guys is Ramsey's Hound/Bitch.  though i forget what they called him in the books

i'm glad to see they didn't speed up Theons arc though :happy:

the one that Reek Replaces

@ SD, yeh i'm thinking that the Red Wedding episode and the bear fight should be in two (three at the most) episodes

First Sansa and the Imp have to get married, and that looks to be next episode from the preview last night.

@ Ishy - in a way i'm happy as well, to see him taken down a notch.  it makes him bloom into the wonderful and great man he truely is.  though we all know he was a good man before all this happened *nods*  and yes i knew about Filch being Walder Frey *nods*

no complaints at all for this episode.  everything was perfect and the last 15 minutes were epic; one of the scenes i've been dieing to see this season!!  just as good as i recall from reading it, maybe a might better.  this show has done much better character building danny *nods*  the expansion of Podrick is amusing, the character building on Marg makes me wonder exactly what more she'll play in future books since the show has placed more emphasis on developing her; adn seeing the Spider get his revenge, very nice character development on him i might add.

btw, it was great to see Tywin put Cersie in her place :laugh:  atleast they showed her as a putalent little child like she was in that meeting.  though i thought i recalled her telling her father she should have Castley Rock, same as the Imp.

and can i just state again, at how much i love Margs grandmas character.  one of my favs from the book and this actress has her pegged to a tea!!

next episode promises to be just as good,

The thing is though Red, Magery had the same role in the book. GRRM just didn't spend as much time expanding on her character and we mostly just saw the effects of her efforts aside from some of the exchanges she has with Cersei. I really don't feel like the show is doing anything different with her, just showing more of her stuff "on screen" rather than off.

Dany, I love you, you are kick-ass, and Emilia Clarke you rock my world. Such a perfect actress for the part. I'm so happy they didn't go with Tamzin Merchant after all. 

Fun fact for Ishy:

Features nine actors from the Harry Potter film series: Bronson Webb (Will) played unnamed Slytherin student in the third film; Natalia Tena (Osha) played Nymphadora Tonks; David Bradley (Lord Walder Frey) played Argus Filch; Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle) voiced Aragog; Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) played Mrs. Granger in the seventh film; Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder) played Aberforth Dumbledore; Ralph Ineson (Dagmer Cleftjaw) played Amycus Carrow; Edward Tudor-Pole (Protestor at King's Landing) played Mr. Borgin and Ian Whyte (Gregor Clegane) played Madame Maxime in full-body shots. Cast member Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon) is also the father of Frank Dillane, who played the young Voldemort/Tom Riddle in Harry Potter og halvblodsprinsen. Potter cast members Jamie Campbell Bower (young Gellert Grindelwald) and Simon Fisher-Becker (Fat Friar) were originally set to play Waymar Royce and the High Septon before being replaced by Rob Ostlere and David Verrey, respectively.    

the guy messing with Theon Is Ramsay,  and that little taste of his evil side we got last episode was awesome, been waiting for that for a while

I liked the bit with Dany in astapor but its just making me realize that shes that much closer to just sitting around not doing anything

the guy messing with Theon Is Ramsay,  and that little taste of his evil side we got last episode was awesome, been waiting for that for a while

I liked the bit with Dany in astapor but its just making me realize that shes that much closer to just sitting around not doing anything

She still has a fair amount of action to come. Granted, once that's out of the way, then yeah, her storyline takes a nosedive. But she should still remain interesting through the rest of this season anyway.

She still has a fair amount of action to come. Granted, once that's out of the way, then yeah, her storyline takes a nosedive. But she should still remain interesting through the rest of this season anyway.

but ... sleeeeeepy

Dan - yes the guy messing with Theon is Ramsey /it is known. 

i believe Nol was talking about the chap who faked a rescue with Theon and led him back; who is not Ramsey as Theon would have recognized him since Ramsey was there at Winterfell with Theon.

@ Nol - more screen time than book time = more character developement.  seeing the character doing these things is what developes them, so regaurdless of Marg having that role in the books, physically seeing her and their immediate effects really does wonders to develope her character imo.

its the reason i keep bitchign abotu them down playing Cersies under handed coniving scheming and plotting thats currently going on

Dan - yes the guy messing with Theon is Ramsey /it is known. 

i believe Nol was talking about the chap who faked a rescue with Theon and led him back; who is not Ramsey as Theon would have recognized him since Ramsey was there at Winterfell with Theon.

Ramsay was not at Winterfell with Theon in the TV show.

then who was the guy that went with Theon to track down the Stark kids and killed the farm boys with him?

either way, Theon would recognized Ramsey on site, so the guy leading Theon around was not Ramsey imo.

Archived