DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Non Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

John E. Kelley

Tiinker - if you think about what the Wildings planned to do, why they crossed the wall, the reason for Jon riding off like that should become apparent.

SD - lmao, i agree.  if i thought Sansa was my only heir, i'd scream too *snickers*

Player - iirc the Freys ended up claiming that proper guest rights weren't given at the time and therefore the guest rights weren't actually broken.  i think it had something to do with men being Armed while the rights were given ...  i'm not really clear on that though.  i do know that the Freys gave an explination on why those "Guest Rights" weren't real.

as for the leeches, no the Red Lady cant claim credit for Robbs death, though knowing the Red Lady she will.  Robbs death was set into motion the day he married that other girl and broke his vow.  he was a marked man on borrowed time, if not in the way he died then by the Frey retainers within his camp Julious Ceasar style.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Frey's broke guest rights according to the Wiki of Ice and Fire:

Violation of the Sacred Law of Hospitality

There are two infamous instances in the history of the Westeros when the guest right was broken: the legend of the Rat Cook of the Nightfort, and more recently the Red Wedding. The song of the Rat Cook is used to represent the repercussions that await those who violate this sacred laws of hospitality.

Frey Pie anyone?

What I don't get was why John Snow rode off. Wasn't it just him, Yigritte and the other dude left? Now she's going to haunt his ass for the whole of the next season isn't she..

Dozens of wildlings climbed the wall. Only a few pursued the horse breeder, probably because there were only seven horses available.

There are two infamous instances in the history of the Westeros when the guest right was broken: the legend of the Rat Cook of the Nightfort, and more recently the Red Wedding. The song of the Rat Cook is used to represent the repercussions that await those who violate this sacred laws of hospitality.

Frey Pie anyone?

Hear! Hear!

I'm not sure how the finale will top this but one friend mentioned the episodes before finales are usually better.

I mean, there are certain things that could top this but it would be a bit of a jump ahead in time. But despite my grievances with some of the changes, it made for very good tv. One hell of a way to end an episode.

Impressed that they kept it graphic.

So far in each season there has been a big moment in each of the 9th episodes. 

1st season, death of Ned.

2nd season, battle for Kings landing

3rd season, Red wedding.

SD - you butt head, you beat me too it!!

Frey Pie anyone?

Sut, wiki is unreliable.  i'd rather Wert come in and and clear it up.  a fan of the show who hasn't reaed the series could have  edited it, or someone trolling the wiki.

Player - iirc the Freys ended up claiming that proper guest rights weren't given at the time and therefore the guest rights weren't actually broken.  i think it had something to do with men being Armed while the rights were given ...  i'm not really clear on that though.  i do know that the Freys gave an explination on why those "Guest Rights" weren't real.

I believe the Frey's claimed that Robb and his men turned into some sort of wolves or something and so he started the violence, to try and get out of the fact that they broke guest right. I believe that's what they told Lord Manderly (that's the really fat one).

Something that bugged me

Was Sansa supposed to of heard Tywin and that speech about "I wanted to leave you to die but you are a Lannisters so I didn't"?

Cos she is randomly crying in the next scene and I dunno but I didn't think the council chambers should be that easy to over hear...

• Community Administrator

Something that bugged me

Was Sansa supposed to of heard Tywin and that speech about "I wanted to leave you to die but you are a Lannisters so I didn't"?

Cos she is randomly crying in the next scene and I dunno but I didn't think the council chambers should be that easy to over hear...

She was crying because she found out about her brother.

I don't think she'd be crying from hearing that story about Tywin sadly... She's way too shallow for that. She's crying because her family is dead and thus she's forever stuck in Kings Landing.

Yeah I really hate Sansa :P lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived