[Non Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

John E. Kelley

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most broken oaths don't end like that

TBH I knew Robs wife would be killed. I expected that

I thought they would kill her and make him marry an ugly daughter lol

Didnt expect rob to die, thought they would end the season with it (his death was foreshadowed IMO ) so I expected him to get out of it

His mum

Meh. It's a pity. She had story potential. A mirroring of Jamie's arc would of been good, her captive or something

But when they started the Lannisters song in the band you knew she was dead as well

Also what was up with the pacing this EP?

They seemed to cut between characters much faster than usual. Seemed odd

Bran and his mind control. Well atleast they are finally getting to the point of that story

Hound and Ariya. It's getting better. Not great but I didn't hate it.

John Snow. I was with that story till he went rouge. I mean honestly, just kill the old man.

Sam and Gillie. Boring as ever. Hope they do something soon

Dragon girl. Did they run out of money? Time? It was a jarring cut. They leave the trio surrounded and doomed, then later they appear and everything is sweet (I actually though they had been mind controlled or something to pretend that they had sacked the city, but doesn't look like it )

It was a weird EP. The rob story was good so the EP was good. But the rest of it was a tad boring

• Community Administrator

I loved how Catelyn's performance, even though others thought it was lame. The absolute shere dead look on her face, even before the blade struck home, showed that her heart turned to stone, from the shere anguish of the last year.. I found her death scene to be superior to robs.

First her husband, and Arya (she doesn't know Arya's alive.), Then Bran and Rickon (she doesn't know they are alive either), And now Rob. As far as she' knew, all her children, save Sansa are dead. (And looking at Sansa... that would be hope shattering to. :tongue:)

I liked it. I saw it as the last parts of her sane and concious self just retrating back into the darkest recessess of her mind. If she'd lived; she'd gone insane from the shock. Really, really great acting.

Even knowing what was coming, it was rough. I liked (and also hated, lol) the added part with Robb's wife and stabbing her stomach. Just in case you doubted exactly how harsh Frey was.

Cait should have grabbed Walder Frey and slit his throat instead. That would have left the Freys to fall into a mini-civil war and removed them from play from the future. Instead, for some reason, she thought that the Freys had honor left to negotiate? Bah!

I agree with sam

or married the now widower robb to another daighter

I'd like to see you all take a bolt to the shoulder and through the leg and then bleed for a few minutes and watch and go hysterical as your first and now last (to her mind) son is being killed and then pull a man across a medieval feasting table that's on an elevated platform.

Cait should have grabbed Walder Frey and slit his throat instead.

No, she couldn't. She was surrounded by crossbowmen, as soon as she would take a step towards Walder with her knife pointed at him, she would have arrows impaling her at every angle.

I'm not sure how the finale will top this but one friend mentioned the episodes before finales are usually better.

I mean, there are certain things that could top this but it would be a bit of a jump ahead in time. But despite my grievances with some of the changes, it made for very good tv. One hell of a way to end an episode.

Impressed that they kept it graphic.

Most broken oaths don't end like that

do you seriously not recall the warning Cat gave Robb from Season one about how prickly Frey's honor was?

No I remember. It's how I knew rob would die.

It was really foreshadowed then this whole EP was a big emotional trip to make you care for him and his unborn kid before they were murdered

I just expected more cunning. Less of a red wedding lol

Also hasn't Frey broken his guest vow or something now?

And how much if this could potentially be influenced by the red ladies voodoo leeches lol

Cait should have grabbed Walder Frey and slit his throat instead.

No, she couldn't. She was surrounded by crossbowmen, as soon as she would take a step towards Walder with her knife pointed at him, she would have arrows impaling her at every angle.

MacGyver could have done it.  :wink:

Someone mentioned earlier that Cait thought Robb was her last living child, that is not true. She knows Sansa and Arya are alive since that was why she released Jamie. Brienne was to exchange him for the daughters.

As for the Frey's breaking the code of breaking bread and guest safety, I would think that the Freys would argue that the Starks broke their vow first, so they did not deserve the protection from the tradition.

That was an awesome episode. I enjoyed that version of the Red Wedding more than in the books.

I DO wished they would have done more with Rains of Castemere or played/sang it during the killing, but the way the whole thing went down was exceptional.

I liked the addition of Robb's wife being stabbed in the stomach to start us off.

I LOVED it was Walder Frey's wife not his half-wit son who Cat took hostage.

I loved his line about "getting another wife."

I loved Cat slapping Roose Bolton ... That was fierce!

I did not like the transition from Cat screaming to instant silence. That was the one part that felt inauthentic. NOT that she could have been in shock, but that the actress didn't "pull it off".

As far as Guest Right ...the Frey's KNOWINGLY made a decision to violate that. I do not believe they made any presence that they were not in violation. I think they may have not been concerned because Lord Walder's honor was hurt. But I don't believe for one minute they didnt know they were going to violate the sacred custom. I don't think they rationalized it by saying, "well, they broke their vow, this doesn't count. I think they knew it. "Counted" .... I just don't think they cared.

As far as Mellisandre's leech spell ... I don't think the spell made it "actively" happen, like in VooDoo but rather in a "cosmic" sense put the wheels in motion for something or someone to do something nasty to "the usurper Robb Stark".

• Community Administrator

Someone mentioned earlier that Cait thought Robb was her last living child, that is not true. She knows Sansa and Arya are alive since that was why she released Jamie. Brienne was to exchange him for the daughters.

As for the Frey's breaking the code of breaking bread and guest safety, I would think that the Freys would argue that the Starks broke their vow first, so they did not deserve the protection from the tradition.

No one said that Cait Thought Robb was her last child. 

She knew, that Sansa was alive. She didn't know if Arya was alive, but hoped.

She believes Bran, and Rickon are Dead.

So, as far as Cait knew Only Robb, and Sansa were here only living children. (Arya being an unknown, and she probably figured she was dead)

And if your only living child, was Sansa, and you knew she was the only heir to everything... your heart would break to. :tongue:

Archived