DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Non Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

John E. Kelley

Interesting hell! I started doing the same thing. Multiple POV's is fine and all, but damn!! give me at least 2 chapters with the same character!!

(this is my biggest gripe with GRR, except for his writing speed (or lack there-of))

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally. That stuff with the squire losing his virginity then the hookers giving him his money back. Was that a joke? Or did he actually do really well

After watching that scene, my first thought was that Tyrion payed the hookers upfront beforehand, then told them to give that "extra" money he put on the table back, giving Pod the impression that he performed exceptionally well, just to give him a boost in confidence, and allowing him into Tyrion and Bron's bro-circle, 'cos Tyrion is an alright guy like that.

But then I remembered Tyrion's story about the hooker he married, and I changed my mind. He wouldn't do something like that to someone else.

• Community Administrator

Incidentally. That stuff with the squire losing his virginity then the hookers giving him his money back. Was that a joke? Or did he actually do really well

After watching that scene, my first thought was that Tyrion payed the hookers upfront beforehand, then told them to give that "extra" money he put on the table back, giving Pod the impression that he performed exceptionally well, just to give him a boost in confidence, and allowing him into Tyrion and Bron's bro-circle, 'cos Tyrion is an alright guy like that.

But then I remembered Tyrion's story about the hooker he married, and I changed my mind. He wouldn't do something like that to someone else.

There's a huge difference between, paying someone to make someone  else believe they were a god in bed, And what Happened to Tyrion with the hooker. Huge world of a difference.

Interesting hell! I started doing the same thing. Multiple POV's is fine and all, but damn!! give me at least 2 chapters with the same character!!

(this is my biggest gripe with GRR, except for his writing speed (or lack there-of))

I understand he has been given deadlines to work to now as part of the series deal?

i can't see GRRM agreeing to any deadline or being bullied by HBO to pop out books faster. 

Really? That's...an interesting way to read the books. How did that work out?

imo it made them more enjoyable; becuase i'm able to enjoy the other lesser interesting storylines for what they are and not hurry through them while being more focused on finding out what happened to "so & so"

There's a huge difference between, paying someone to make someone  else believe they were a god in bed, And what Happened to Tyrion with the hooker. Huge world of a difference.

^ this.

Tryions story line with his first wife is very different from what you're saying Tyler.   very different.

imo, Pod just didn't go through with it and didn't come striaght back to try and avoid questions (which obviously didn't work lol)

imo it made them more enjoyable; becuase i'm able to enjoy the other lesser interesting storylines for what they are and not hurry through them while being more focused on finding out what happened to "so & so"

I'm guessing you can only do that once you've read them once before though

• Community Administrator

I've actually thought of trying that before, but would require a list of chapters to look for.  Infact, I'd love someone to actually take the ebooks, and edit them into mini-books by the PoVs. :wink:

Same for wot.

I'd love to read them by the PoV.

@ Tiink - actually i've only read the seriese once; so not nessecarily :wink:

@ SD - what i did was put a book mark at the chapter i stopped reading in chronological order and just thumber through the remainder of the book, stopping whenever i saw the name i wanted.   GRRM makes it easy to do this, as he names his chapters after the PoV.

i do liek the mini books though *nods*  i'd totally buy one of just Jamie and Arya and Danny once the series is done.  maybe you should approach the publishing company with that idea *nods*

@ Tiink - actually i've only read the seriese once; so not nessecarily :wink:

Whaa- really? With all the different happenings didn't you get lost from time to time? Haven't read the books yet but if I did it for WoT as a first time reader I can imagine I'd be confused from time to time.

sometimes it was confusing  (some, "but i thought they were dead" or "i thought so & so was elsewhere"), and i got a bit spoilered on a few plots; but i knew i was reading ahead of the plot line by doing this and accepted the consequences of my actions :laugh:

i can't see GRRM agreeing to any deadline or being bullied by HBO to pop out books faster. 

^ this.

Tryions story line with his first wife is very different from what you're saying Tyler.   very different.

imo, Pod just didn't go through with it and didn't come striaght back to try and avoid questions (which obviously didn't work lol)

Really? I'm pretty sure he would of done it.....

I'm just waiting for book one from my library now

ok, my judgment is flawed...

13 - mature, but sweet.  too young for this series?

and... not too young for WD or torchwood or bones or CSI or any number of horror movies i can't watch without covering my eyes...

i go to hell for introducing this or is ok?

ok, my judgment is flawed...

13 - mature, but sweet.  too young for this series?

and... not too young for WD or torchwood or bones or CSI or any number of horror movies i can't watch without covering my eyes...

i go to hell for introducing this or is ok?

Your own child? You would know the answer to this better than any of us. If NOT your child, you need to talk to the parents. 

I know 12 yr olds that could watch this without giggling and blushing every time a breast is flashed, and I know 30 year olds that still

think fart jokes are funny.

But, only let them watch it WITH you, and encourage discussion of things not understood, or explanations. (but, for the love of Jebus, not during the show!!)

Archived