DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't have my reply boxes back, so I decided to just email myself with the things I wanted to say and copy the text over from my phone.

To explain why I would have noticed that Rand was alive thanks to my PR if I decided to protect him:

I get a confirmation from Darthe if my protect has been succesful or not, but since I have been self-protecting each Night and haven't died yet that info was never useful to me. This is also the reason why I would have known if my protect was in fact the ability that saved Rand. I however didn't know that a Mirror would bounce off both kills and protects; I thought it would only bounce off kills. If I did send in a protect on him last Night, and I got the reply from Darthe back that my protect has been succesful I would have assumed that I had blocked Chuckles' vig shot.

Dap > Rand: "That's why I was going to jail you.... Stop the NK that way"

So you were planning in Jailing Rand to block his NK, while at the same time protecting him from Chuckles' Vig shot? This doesn't make any sense if you were sure that Rand was mafia.

To comment on the whole Ley / Mish thing:

3 for Ley 5 for Mish

My top three lynch options:

1. Ley, him visiting Ithi doesn't make any sense to me. He was convinced that she was mafia yesterday, and still he visited her last Night on the off chance that she was actually Town. He started back paddeling today from his previous statements and vote on Ithi. 2. Dap, his play has been off and like yesterday I'm still really unsure about his claim. 3. Ed, he didn't do his usual casing in this game and yet he seems very convinced that Dap and Rand are mafia.

So you get information that your doc action went through, it doesn't tell you if it saved someone? Also if you had saved Rand and it was reflected to you you still would have got a "gone through". Or are you saying that you get a confirmation that it actually saved someone. Because the first way you would not have known if you role saved Rand or something else did. If it was reflected back to you or stuck with him...you would not know. Can you confirm.

Lol dap its fine, I got exposed to most of this stuff when I was 10, I'm used to this.  OK, lets get back to the game now, sorry for the distraction.

Poor you being exposed to this at 10...scarred for life.

I think Cloud needs to clarify if he just gets an action accepted/confirmed in the Night when he submits it or if he gets another response at the start of Day that says his action was successful. I've never known any passive action be told a 'result'.

Would it be a valid reason to vote someone just because you don't want to have to regret not voting them?

I'm gonna go ahead and vote Ed. He's on top of my scum list. Followed by Talya, BG and Ley, in the order of most likely to be mafia to least likely.

Ed for being unhelpful and distant all game. It's been pointed out to him several times and yet he doesn't change.

Talya, for seeming a bit too careful; after she got a couple of things wrong earlier in game I feel like she's been following along more, not putting out much original or controversial thoughts, seems like she's just trying to stay low and post enough so that her abscense doesn't get noted.

BG, also plays a passive game; he's posting a fair share, but also stays very neutral.

Ley, this one is a bit shaky. I simply cannot get decided re:his role. On one hand, just a 2-shot cop would seem town a bit underpowered if the mafia has a watcher. On the other hand, I could easily see that my role is there to balance out a mafia watcher, by messing with their results. So Ley isn't on my "lynch now"-list yet, but I don't trust him either.

I still don't have my reply boxes back, so I decided to just email myself with the things I wanted to say and copy the text over from my phone.

To explain why I would have noticed that Rand was alive thanks to my PR if I decided to protect him:

I get a confirmation from Darthe if my protect has been succesful or not, but since I have been self-protecting each Night and haven't died yet that info was never useful to me. This is also the reason why I would have known if my protect was in fact the ability that saved Rand. I however didn't know that a Mirror would bounce off both kills and protects; I thought it would only bounce off kills. If I did send in a protect on him last Night, and I got the reply from Darthe back that my protect has been succesful I would have assumed that I had blocked Chuckles' vig shot.

Dap > Rand: "That's why I was going to jail you.... Stop the NK that way"

So you were planning in Jailing Rand to block his NK, while at the same time protecting him from Chuckles' Vig shot? This doesn't make any sense if you were sure that Rand was mafia.

To comment on the whole Ley / Mish thing:

3 for Ley 5 for Mish

My top three lynch options:

1. Ley, him visiting Ithi doesn't make any sense to me. He was convinced that she was mafia yesterday, and still he visited her last Night on the off chance that she was actually Town. He started back paddeling today from his previous statements and vote on Ithi. 2. Dap, his play has been off and like yesterday I'm still really unsure about his claim. 3. Ed, he didn't do his usual casing in this game and yet he seems very convinced that Dap and Rand are mafia.

So you get information that your doc action went through, it doesn't tell you if it saved someone? Also if you had saved Rand and it was reflected to you you still would have got a "gone through". Or are you saying that you get a confirmation that it actually saved someone. Because the first way you would not have known if you role saved Rand or something else did. If it was reflected back to you or stuck with him...you would not know. Can you confirm.

Lol dap its fine, I got exposed to most of this stuff when I was 10, I'm used to this.  OK, lets get back to the game now, sorry for the distraction.

Poor you being exposed to this at 10...scarred for life.

Like I said before, I didn't know that a Mirror would bounce a protect back, I assumed it would only do so for kills. If I had send in a protect on Rand last Night, and I had gotten a reply from Darthe back at the start of Day 5 which said that my protect has been succesful or went through I would have assumed that I had protected Rand, not myself.

I think Cloud needs to clarify if he just gets an action accepted/confirmed in the Night when he submits it or if he gets another response at the start of Day that says his action was successful. I've never known any passive action be told a 'result'.

Would it be a valid reason to vote someone just because you don't want to have to regret not voting them?

I get a result which says my action has been succesful (or not), but so far all my protects have been succesful. I'm guessing from your reply that it isn't an usual thing for a doc?

Also, I finally got my reply boxes back! :D

Ley, so you expected Ithi to be town more than mafia? Your story doesn't add up to your vote on her during the previous Day.

No, I expect her to be mafia. However, I couldn't really think of who the mafia would target, as Ithi kept asking Chuckles to target Rand, so I expected them to try to take out both Rand and me in one night (with unknowing help of Chuckles), IF Ithi was mafia. So I could, in this case, have found a mafia name, but that wouldn't have been useful as I'd have died. However, if Ithi was town, she would also be a likely target. And that's why I targeted her.

I'm still convinced she's scum though.

Vote Ithi

See here where Leyrann says that by Targeting me with his Watchy Powers he will catch a Mafia, because he thinks that the Mafia would try to kill him or Rand? That's not how a Watcher Role works. Also the scramble to say that I might be Town, so that's also why he targeted me.

But later on he says he thinks I'm Mafia and votes me. And now Mish is distancing from him and saying she thinks he might be Mafia but doesn't quite know why.

I think that Ley and Mish thought that there would be a righteous explosion of votes against me on the day after Turn and Arez died and that's why they thought their plan to back each other up would work and not be closely examined. I think they thought I would be Lynched.

I would also like to have another think about Dap's Role though.

@ Dap, would you say you have been mostly using your Role to protect or block? Could you go through your target choices again for me please - you reasons for choosing them and whether you thought you were blocking Mafia or Protecting Town?

Thanks

Do you think I'm Town now @ Mish? Why am I not on your top four list?

I do not think it means what you think it means @ Cloud

:biggrin:

What do you mean?

I also just didn't ask Darthe btw.

Princess Bride. THE film for Mafia Players.

You were getting a response from Darthe when you submitted an action. You thought that response was confirming your Protect has been successful.

In The Princess Bride, Vicini keeps saying 'inconceivable' and Ingigo says, 'You keep saying that. I do not think it means what you think it means'

It's not as funny when you have to explain it :sad:

Chuckles

Len

Ithi

Talya

Reasons should be below, I'm off to bed

I thought the mafia would try go big tonight

I did think it might be me, but I'm close to being lunched, so ithi seemed like a good choice for them, and so to me

I'm leaning town ward on her. Just not very strong, but she seemed like a good choice

RTE seems like an odd choice though

Chuckles was pinging me but he was also I likely target for a NK IMO, either way I though I might be able to stop a NK (I might have, can't prove it either way)

Len I thought was mafia (chuckles claimed Vig) so I was hoping to stop a kill or if I had survived till tomorrow I was going to push him till he fake claimed and then see if it matched up, i just don't trust him

I jailed Talya

I stayed away from the Ley, Rand, Chuckles trilogy cos I was t sure where chuckles was shooting and then ed so I went with Talya cos I thought she was mafia and hoped she would be sending in the kills

Also Ley, what do you think about rands PR claim?

Archived