DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie - 1 (Rey)

Ley - 1 (Time)

Talya - 4 (Rand, Arez, Maw, Player)

Dice - 3 (RTE, Len, Basel)

Time - 10 (Chuckles, Ley, Talya, Peace, Mish, Ed, Darthe, Cloud, Kae, Dice)

Darthe - 1 (Ishy)

Not voting - Roo, Hallia, Cyan, Song

What is also interesting are those that didn't vote as well as those that did. I can see why Song was chosen for a night kill, she had not vote on anyone. 

As for the Time lynch, it would be interesting to see when things started to move over to Time, I had 5 votes at one point. Then it all changed, and they all piled on Time. I think it was around the Mish vote, but I will have to check sometime.

Big FoS on Cloud and Ley for their using something I said as part of their reason for voting Time. With her flipping town, that stinks to high heaven. It's so easy to use something someone else said as your reason for a vote; that makes me look bad, not you guys.

LLey, I am going to run a game one day and make you a Town Godfather.

A town GF (not a miller) would be highly amusing. And my popcorn is salted and unbuttered. Sweet popcorn? Never even heard of it except for chocolate or caramel kind, I don't think. Is sweet popcorn just with sugar sprinkled on it? Must be a euro thing.

Talya doesn't like Daniel anymore? :sad:

Of course I do, I ran out of time before I had to take my daughter to school and then off to work. Sorry I didn't reply and left you hanging!

tumblr_mj72vzoNZY1qd6v0do3_250.gif

I couldn't post this from work (didn't have the link).

Official Current Vote Count

Darthe - 3 (Eddie, Ishy, WBK)

Not Voting - 18 (Lenlo, Talya, Dice, Chuckles, RTE, Cyan, Roo, Hallia, Leyrann, Player, Basel, Cloud, Darthe, Peace, Arez, Maw, Mish, Rand)

With 21 alive it takes 11 to Lynch

The Deadline for Day 2 is currently 9pm GMT Saturday 9th March

Current Day 2 Deadline

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/79828-mafia-game-indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-day-2/?p=2815172

Right so there is my first case on Darthe

Here is the rest of that day and up to this point in the game

So from here he talks about replying. Not much in it so I'm not going to analyse them all separately. Read them yourself if you want

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/79828-mafia-game-indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-day-2/?p=2815857

This jumped out at me, it's Basel though

For consolidation: vote Dice.

Talya was on 5 and dice on 4. So that was a lie. Now he is back on dice. He really wants a potential PR taken out or to claim doesn't he?

Anyway back to Darthe

Okay, I am here to reply to the issues Dap brought up.  Some were valid in my opinion, and others were not.  First and foremost lets talk about this whole trap thing.  To clarify, when I hopped into the game I read the page that I was on and saw someone mention a trap mechanic. Cos blind commenting is always a good idea. It's a silly idea and you are a smart enough player to know that. It's also something you can use to put ideas into a game and then try to take back later cos you hadn't read the context

My statement was in regards to that when I said that I needed to catch up.  I had not read Ithi's mention of taking hats etc and my readthrough was done when you all saw my contributions to the game as I commented on things (from joke votes onwards) as I saw them.  That should have been clear from the fact that I was replying to spam posts from the first three pages and I am loathe to think of any of you as too dense to recognize that.  As such, I'll assume that it being ignored was gameplay. i believe I mentioned that you were posting as you went along. Let this be a lesson to you to do it in one big post

Thus, if you want my timeline you have to actually treat things as if I went backwards, starting in the middle and going to the end then returning to the beginning, or it will make no sense.  cos reading something like that makes a whole tonne of sense

Len's statement doesn't make sense as mafia because it has no potential of an ulterior motive, is clarifying, questioning, and generally helpful. could be an act. Mafia also scum hunt and that's just an act. He could of also been leading people the wrong direction on purpose. You are taking something at face value and naming it truth without trying to dig deeper

While he is good as mafia that is just not the sort of thing that one says when they are anti-town and I see it as a major town tell.  Doubly so combined with his other play here.  Need I more reasoning?yes I do. It's doesnt clear him at all IMO. In your base game the players talked about a previous game where (I think it's was) Turin was nice and helpful to the new people but flipped mafia. So there is evidence to the contrary

I don't get your point about yourself?  I already stated I thought you town (maybe you're questioning something I said elsewhere that differs?) at the time and still pretty much do this game (again, if I have said differently elsewhere apologies, I don't remember).  Highlighting it with a thrown in comment that I should clear you using the same logic seems overplayed.i only threw in myself cos you used the logic you used on Len to clear me more. If you had used anyone else's name I would of called you on it so why wouldn't I call you on it when it's about me? I wasn't asking you to clear me with it, I was telling you off for clearing me and Len with it.

I haven't changed my mind about Ed.  The fact of the matter is that I have a damn good gut and going against it has cost me a lot of wins around here.  nice little bit of fear mongering here. "trust me and my gut or we will lose"

My logic sucks comparatively. no disagreement with this. Your logic is severely flawed. And yet you want us to clear people on it  

Thus, I used what little info I had to see if I could rile him.  It didn't do much besides make him so cautious that he has backed off the thread but I don't need more.  I have my eye on him and can wait for him to make a bigger slip, something to bury him with.  

lol you think you scared him. You might of made him slip or get annoyed but you won't scare him. I don't mean to name ed town or mafia but as either you won't of scared him. Trust me. I've been on the same team as him in the past where the shit has seriously hit the fan and never was he scared. Now I'm going to stop stroking his ego before it gets really gross in here

Talya just strikes me as town and I am honestly not a big fan of the trains around at the moment. you never did say how she went from mafia to town in your books? Care to answer now?

But it does explain why you jumped on the time train. You could of evened Talyas with Times when you voted.

Cloud I have no clue on, honestly.  I don't mean that I can't tell, simply that I have forgotten my read on him entirely like three times this game.  Apparently what I get is different :laugh: after a reread.

well that's convenient for you from now on. You can name him either way based on the situation and claim its your latest reading. I'd really like you to take a stand on this

And yes, I often stay away from big trains.  People case them all to hell and nothing more needs to be said once the spark is there.  I would rather cull those who aren't on everyones radar, they are the really dangerous ones.  

well Times was a big train. But in general sometimes those trains are right, if they weren't the Town would never win. It also sounds like going after inactives.

Lastly the use if cull strikes me as odd, much more sinister than lynch, much closer to kill

Feel free to go after Rand, or Ed.  However, I think that if we get Ed we get Rand, not the other way around.  One way linking is a lot smoother for mafia and not a bad play..--> Hence Ed Imo.

so if Ed flips town...?

That cloud vote man.. Odd.  Well, despite my best attempts I suppose we aren't going to lynch Ed today.  And Cloud read bad that time.

This should about do it for Peace's case.  Take things as you all will.  I will try to respond to anything else that I see in a timely manner.

Talking about that, I'm willing to switch my vote to anyone of Darthe, Dice, Talya, Peace and maybe some that I am forgetting in order to get a majority. Not everyone, only those whose plays have been slightly or more than slightly scummy. Ed is #1 at my list though.

How can Ed be #1 on your list and you be willing to vote me?  Glad to see you're vote is no lady though.  Toss it anywhere!

cos like you he realises that Eds lynch wasnt on the cards for the day. But turn it back on Ley to save yourself. Solid play right there

Lol that is SO awesome, Hallia!! :D Ithi better give you extra points for that!

I'm still waiting for Darthe's case..

Btw Maw said that he was 'undecided' about Talya. 

I am seeing my name a lot lately, seeing a lot of people willing to vote but not doing it.  I never like that, it sounds like consolidation which is scummy in nature.  Have reads or don't folks (not specifically directed at you Cloud).

wasnt your Time vote consolidation?

Hey Mafia. Yea, you guys. If you have a one-time recruit, can you recruit me? I wanna be scum. :sad:

Oh my god, hey everyone!  Just so you know, I am not scum so remember that I am clearly not okay?  I wanna be cause it's fun and if I look scummy it's cause I wanna be but I'm not, okay?

Just so you knew.

Translated that for you all. - Darthe

It could be read as a symp. But on the whole I agree with what you said on this last bit

And before you people start saying she had plenty of time to defend herself, I just went back and looked. She's in my timezone, and before she left for school, she had four votes, was sitting at L-6, wasn't even the largest train.

You are all asses.

Lolz, its mafia Ishy.  I happen to be in school too.  And the same time zone.  Sucks she got speed hammered, I agree, but we probably would only have had... what, 30 minutes to an hour when she got back if she was on immediately after school?  

TBH, the DM trend of inactivity and the suddenly everyone is on at deadline aggravates me.  It doesn't benefit town, people should talk even if they do not have to.

Darthe you had the chance to make Talya the equal train, instead you made Time the largest train which pretty much sealed the deal, don't be so high and mighty. You're all asses

DM activity, yes I hate last second lynches

I agree with Ishy, even if I was the 6th vote. I think it was 6th. Either way, I think I started that big last half of the train push by being the 6th vote).

I put mine there as a consolidation place-holder becuause I had to leave for work, and was surprised votes moved that fast.

You actually got me to place mine.  I was going to vote against you but decided I would rather get the analysis from your voting pattern.  

He got you to place yours? You avoided the Talya lynch, so did Ed. voting pattern stuff is just happy crappy toppings to make your bandwagon look like it had meaning

And before you people start saying she had plenty of time to defend herself, I just went back and looked. She's in my timezone, and before she left for school, she had four votes, was sitting at L-6, wasn't even the largest train.

You are all asses.

Lolz, its mafia Ishy.  I happen to be in school too.  And the same time zone.  Sucks she got speed hammered, I agree, but we probably would only have had... what, 30 minutes to an hour when she got back if she was on immediately after school?  

TBH, the DM trend of inactivity and the suddenly everyone is on at deadline aggravates me.  It doesn't benefit town, people should talk even if they do not have to.

yeah, my bus takes me about 45 minutes for me to get dropped off for a 10 minute walk to my house... sucks about the lynch, and as for what Mish said about me acting like that when i was mafia, i try to keep the same tactic when im mafia or town... Go town!!!

Ok, it has to be pointed out that since Toht was town, and most definitely was a bad guy in the movie...it follows that Indy is mafia. This makes me has a sad :sad:

Ok, it has to be pointed out that since Toht was town, and most definitely was a bad guy in the movie...it follows that Indy is mafia. This makes me has a sad :sad:

I doubt it Kae. There is such a limited number of characters for Indiana Jones that some bad guys most likely had to be used as town characters to fill up numbers. Its probably why we cant reveal.

There are three of these yet only two seem surprised.  Kae and RTE deserve to die here for not knowing this, it was pretty clear from our role PM's what happened I think.  Thus, we kill them because they don't have a similar role PM.

I was all set for this, the Vig kill kinda derailed that idea though. You do push this hard though. Also you say kill not lynch

It's small but it's something

No Darthe, I thought my character was filler for town due to not enough roles. Now I see that Ithi is being sneaky, and has reversed everything. You fail at trying to make me seem not town, and made yourself look bad at the same time. Good job.

Rofl, this is pitiful.  It was directly stated in my PM that because of the nature of the canon this would happen.  Your feeble attempts at flipping this have faltered as you will come morning.  Goodbye Kae.

Peace really took a dump all over your plan for today didnt he lol

A few comments on the quickness of the lynch. I was actually expecting it to be me, as I couldn't get on until now. Anyway, when people don't bother turning up in the game to do anything until a few hours before, this is what happens. Everyone just piles on. Mafia, because it's and easy lynch and lazy town, because they can't be bothered to play properly!

As for the amount on to change a vote, it wouldn't have happened, seen it too often people argue over who and then wham! the time has gone and it's a no lynch. 

This hasn't been lazy town.  There were several viable lynches at the time and people chose one because of various factors, including their views of the others near lynch capacity and the time remaining.  It was the first day and went for near 50 pages, gained much info.  This and your self effacing before all of this look like a quick attempt to bolster town credit.  

So, tomorrow I am okay with RTE and Kae.  Talya is quickly losing favor.

So now that there are two other lynches ahead if Talya you go back to distancing. Could you vote her? I doubt it, you won't until the point of no return, then you'll do the age old mafia tradition of bussing a teammate

Then he goes after RTE for a bit, points are valid and nothing too interesting in them. Leaving them out for space reasons

Day breaks and

God, I must be lucky.  Three strapping gentlemen all want to put their votes on me?  And within minutes as well!  

This seems about all Darthe has to say today. Nothing about song, nothing about Kae, nothing about RTE, nothing about Talya.

I wonder who he will chose to go after to save himself. Doubt it will be Ed, I don't think that will get enough traction to save himself. It will be interesting to see

So that's what you missed with Darthe

Next week, an unexpected pregnancy and scorned love

Archived