DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue Through to the End of Chapter 10

Luckers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First page of Chapter 8: Elayne POV. "She hadn't ruled Caemlyn for a hundred days". Is this true?

I am FAR from being a timeline expert.

This one: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/1000_NE

says that  Elayne arrives in Caemlyn on day 687 (her rule begins?)

and says "Elayne, Aviendha and Min bond Rand." on day 696. (When she gets pregnant).

How far along is he in her pregnancy? She thinks during that scene that "the babies kicked...frequently". She certainly more than 3 months...even in Randland a normal human pregnancy should last about 255 to 275 days right?

Does her "rule" begin when she arrives in the city? Or at some specific time later?

I assume she means since she actually claimed the throne. Throughout her little civil war she was careful to never consider herself queen. In fact went to great levels to make sure she was only the daughter heir and only seeking the throne despite basically already having it.

I assume she means since she actually claimed the throne. Throughout her little civil war she was careful to never consider herself queen. In fact went to great levels to make sure she was only the daughter heir and only seeking the throne despite basically already having it.

Ok, if we assume she meant "rule" since she was officially queen; does the timeline work for her statement to be factual?

I just found the entry where it says that Elayne gets the throne on day 758.

Is it:

a) clearly true

b) clearly false

c) Too close to 100 days (give or take timeline issues in tGS and ToM) to tell.

A Knife of Dreams ends roughly around Day 766. How long did events in tGS and ToM take if we pick a shortest possible time estimate?

p.188(TOR version) Chapter 7:

How does Rand know Lan is in trouble at the Gap?

In Chapter 9 I found it interesting that finally the making of angreals was (sorta) introduced. The way it was described, (if sa'angreals are made the same way) it sounded like you would need a million Aes Sedai to make the Choden Kal

The deerhorn/dull dagger, I had forgotten about that thing. Exited to see how Rand uses it.

• All three had this dream, which makes it especially significant. Rain, coming from a bowl. There are snares and pitfalls around the bowl. If the right hands pick it up, they will find a treasure perhaps as great as the bowl. If the wrong hands, the world is doomed. The key to finding the bowl is to find the one who is no longer."

Ok, if we assume she meant "rule" since she was officially queen; does the timeline work for her statement to be factual?

I just found the entry where it says that Elayne gets the throne on day 758.

Is it:

a) clearly true

b) clearly false

c) Too close to 100 days (give or take timeline issues in tGS and ToM) to tell.

A Knife of Dreams ends roughly around Day 766. How long did events in tGS and ToM take if we pick a shortest possible time estimate?

If this timeline is correct, it looks like it falls just under the 100 day mark.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0ApFWTyzG9G_UdHZCUjQzVGNLeUJyMkUycXkzQlExSFE&output=html

In Chapter 9 I found it interesting that finally the making of angreals was (sorta) introduced. The way it was described, (if sa'angreals are made the same way) it sounded like you would need a million Aes Sedai to make the Choden Kal

Something RJ said about Aginor's knowledge in the present time being useless could account for that. Not having the tools to make the tools..

Maybe smaller angreal are used to make more powerful ones. I don't know, kind of like having a series of low power magnifying lenses used in a series to make a rudimentry microscope.

One small thing I found interesting in these chapters: Perrin's vision of Mat riding along a road, fiddling with something in his hands. Based on the fact he didn't come with Moiraine and his final message to the Aes Sedai he saved from Ebou Dar about coming for the Horn, I assumed he had somehow already gotten the Horn. But then Elayne told Perrin that she was going to give him the Horn as part of his pseudo-quartermaster duties. So, anyone have any guess as to what Mat is doing at this point? Through the prologue and first 10 chapters, we haven't seen him at all. He wasn't at the big planning meeting, which I was looking forward to. I guess it doesn't really matter, as the meeting was pretty anticlimactic.

Wow, Rand and Elayne met and actually talked to each other like reasonable adults for once, who'd have thought... ;)

With so many channellers available to them the Lightsiders should've been crushing the Trollocs easily by now, they've barely used them in battles so far. Oh, well, would've been boring...

Weird that Elayne is carrying a sword now....

What the heck was the point of having Aviendha be all ninja, sneaking into her own first-sister's camp?

It's like more effort/words were spent on that scene sequence, than was expended to portray any meaningful reaction to Moiraine just walking on in, back from the neither realms, all "Oh hey! The wheel weaves & wills, guys!"

#Lame  #CarryOn   #GrindingTeeth

What the heck was the point of having Aviendha be all ninja, sneaking into her own first-sister's camp?

It's like more effort/words were spent on that scene sequence, than was expended to portray any meaningful reaction to Moiraine just walking on in, back from the neither realms, all "Oh hey! The wheel weaves & wills, guys!"

#Lame  #CarryOn   #GrindingTeeth

LOL...classic.

Moiraine's reveal wasn't as dramatic as I'd hoped, but her general schooling of everyone was quite satisfying.

Elayne's been pretty boss so far. I was worried Egwene would be given the job and would be randomly awesomesauce at it. But Elayne being the most powerful of the monarchs and appropriately trained works well (though for a second I wondered if Rand would surrender the power to Tuon). And for once her connection with Rand makes sense.

What's with Rand's constant references to all the things about politics and governing which Elayne taught him? At one point he even mentions he learned most of what he knows about those things from her, which is simply not true, since they had only 3 days in Tear for this, and spent most of their time together making out. Moiraine taught him those things for much longer.

What's with Rand's constant references to all the things about politics and governing which Elayne taught him? At one point he even mentions he learned most of what he knows about those things from her, which is simply not true, since they had only 3 days in Tear for this, and spent most of their time together making out. Moiraine taught him those things for much longer.

Yeah I found that slightly odd. It was mentioned that was what was going on in Tear with the lessons. Didn't recall it only being three days however. They make it seem as if it was much more than that. Imagine all the people pissed about how quickly Eggy learned politics from Siuan when there is something like this.

Archived