DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Disney Buys Lucasfilm; Star Wars Episode VII In Theaters 2015

Nolder

Would anyone actually object to new actors being cast as Luke and Han and such? Just out of principle?

Mark Hamill had a really bad car accident years ago, he's never seen in public like at all. It would be a small miracle to get him to be Luke again. And the only way Harrison Ford could be Han Solo again would be if they skipped ahead far enough that his age wouldn't be a problem, but that opens up a whole bunch of other issues.....I think this may just be a bad move all around :sad:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

the accident was befor jedi though, so with a little makeup (ok a lot) they could make him and ford look more or less like they had only aged a few years, what i would be wondering is if carrie fisher coud still fit her hut bikini

Lol, if she tried getting into that her hut bikini, it would resemble a thong instead.

the more i think about it the more im glad it whent to disney. i mean if you think about it lucas arts and disney have long ties. disney, i belive, owend jim hanson studios at the time that the originals were made, and lucas ended up buying them. there have been lucas orented rides at disneyland for as long as i have been alive namely star tures, and indiana jones. and more recently they have the jedi trainning academy show, where young kids get selected form the audience and get to get dressed up as patawan learners an eventialy fight darth vader. ferthermore, lucas already sold pixar to disney and they havent screwed that up (to much). befor they baught it though they were already working with pixar on many of thier best movies. most of disney california adventuer is based on pixar movies as well, cars land, bugs life, toy story, off the top of my head. so thinking deeper on it i say cool. may the micky be with you.

I'd like to see the original actors used, but not featured. Focus on Han and Leia's children, but have the original three appear with limited role. Not cameos, but not featured either... more like Mace Windu's presence in 1-3. Important, but not essential except for two scenes.

Hamill and Ford could pass, but the last time I saw Carrie Fisher (Rosanne's Roast), she looked like a bloated corpse.

Ain't It Cool confirms that Michael Arndt will be penning the script for [at least] Star Wars VII:

As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film. As revealed in the ongoing video series posted here on StarWars.com, Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt. Arndt won an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay for writing Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for writing Toy Story 3 (2010).

In other Movie pop culture news, Quentin Tarantino is not a fan:

Quentin Tarantino tells Entertainment Weekly “I could so care less” about the looming trilogy. “No, sorry. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars.”

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm reserving judgement - he's done a lot of fluff, but he wasn't bad in them.

I haven't seen the Lucky One, but he's supposed to be very good in it - the trailer suggests that he's grown up since High School Musical *shrugs*

Maybe go so far as to say cautiously optimistic - especially given Abrams involvement

• Community Administrator

I'm reserving judgement - he's done a lot of fluff, but he wasn't bad in them.

I haven't seen the Lucky One, but he's supposed to be very good in it - the trailer suggests that he's grown up since High School Musical *shrugs*

Maybe go so far as to say cautiously optimistic - especially given Abrams involvement

Can't say I've ever watched high school musical.

What can I say? That crap came out... after I was in High School... (I seem to recall it getting big while I was in college....)

So I have really no idea who or what that guy is.

I only know of bieber because of TV. (And his name is fun to make fun of)

(young) cousins...

Don't think I'd recognise Bieber, and on balance I'm ok with that :)

It's more Abrams I have faith with, plus as I said the reviews for the above were good.

Archived