DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In Memory

Sakaea

Maybe a year or two before he died I jokingly said to a friend that I hoped he wouldn´t die before he had written the last book. :sad:

When I read that he had died I didn´t think about the loss of a great author - my only thought was that I might never get to read the end. :blush: I was very happy when Harriet announced that Brandon Sanderson would finish the books.

I started reading the books the beginning of my junior year. In Sept of 2007. I don't remember the exact date, but it's always...interested me to know if I started the books the same day he passed away. It would be ironic and sad and too many feels.

But anyways, I finished all the way up through Knife of Dreams during the school year. I was never one to look up authors or anything online, so I didn't find out until that summer. At the library, I picked up Elantris. New book, new author. It seemed really interesting. I finished the book that night at around 2 or 3 in the morning. Maybe 5. I'm not sure. Anyways, I don't know why but I finally decided to look up this author. Maybe he had already written other books by the time I picked up Elantris, or maybe he decided to write a sequel to it. I just wanted to find out. So, I googled Brandon Sanderon and found his website.

Bam. The first thing I saw was the Eulogy he had written for Robert Jordan. I read this in the middle of the night while my family slept with tears in my eyes. The Wheel of Time is such a great series, that I fell absolutely in love with it upon reading it.That was the same night I found out about DM and registered just to post on the board they dedicated to him.

Mr. Rigney left an impression on so many people. I have been honored to meet Harriet at JordanCon and when she so graciously allowed Kate and I to go to their house so I could propose. Seeing where he worked...it was amazing, and I could just imagine him there writing. I, as many other fans, I am sure, wish I could have met him.

Rest in peace, James Oliver Rigney Jr.

Archived