DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

IT'S A TRAP! For DUMMIES (Cindy Promises You ***POINTS***)

Darthe

So, once more you have found yourself in that puzzling situation. You have to make a choice but find one thought tumbling around in your brain. Is it, or is it not, a trap? You can't shake it. Call it a gut feeling if you will but something is profoundly wrong.

Luckily for you, IT'S A TRAP! For DUMMIES can help! Whether in real life or mafia IT'S A TRAP! For DUMMIES will answer all of your TRAP related needs! So sit back and enjoy IT'S A TRAP! For DUMMIES in all of its wonder and, please, feel free to contribute in any way that you so choose.

1. You see Admiral AckBar.

This is fairly obvious. Don't consider it, don't fret. It is most likely a trap, and now that you know this you are the one In control.

2. Darthe reveals five minutes into day one.

Once again, this is almost certainly a trap. Good luck wading through the WIFOM.

3. Turin is silent for near the entire game.

This is perhaps the defining trait of a Turin related trap. Prepare yourself, if you didn't speed-lynch him day one the game is probably already over. Go wipe away those crocodile tears and better luck next time.

4. You find free candy ANYWHERE.

Leave it. It's a trap.

5. A mysterious man offers you anything over the phone.

This is a trap and by answering the phone you have already fallen for it. We apologize.

6. Eternal Phoenix tells you that it's a trap.

Take it easy, you're actually pretty safe here.

7. Myndrunner is in your game.

It's a trap. Our guide can offer no assistance.

8. Chris Hanson appears.

What did you do?!

9. You are offered a red and a blue pill.

Take the Red pill. The blue pill is a trap created by the social construct formed in and of artificially based reasoning, leading to an ultimatum caused by some human-mechanistic neo-genesis which is truly just social commentary about the power that we allow without government control and it's future implications for humanity in our ever changing artificial environment. We didn't get it either.

10. THE GAME.

Feel free to add more! Thank you-

IT'S A TRAP! For DUMMIES by Darthe

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11. You ask your significant other if you can spend a night out with the guys. She replies with "fine".

This is most DEFINITELY a trap. We recommend you abandon all plans and invest in quality chocolates immediately.

Like that?

Yes!

12. Your mother tells you all about a cute girl at your school.

It's a trap, your mother is probably best friends with te "cute girl's" mom.

13. Your friends invite you to Italian or Mexican. When you ask where they are oddly silent.

It's a trap. They are taking you to Olive Garden or taco bell.

14. A comedy routine is advertised as "with props"

It is a trap. If you can't find an excuse to not go prepare yourself for several hours of mind numbing idiocy.

ok, this is very funny.

two problems tho...

one... the thread title creates a certain reluctance to open the thread... it looks like a trap.

two... and random knows what I mean here... you're looking for a level of creativity beyond your run of the mill spam. so while the thread may be a gem... and it is... it may be difficult to heat up.

my suggestion... put the phrase "for points" in the title.

sure, it's a lie... or at least an obfuscation... but people will click on it.

also.... try to derail it so you can get some spam.

or not.

I laughed.

fwiw.

3. Turin is silent for near the entire game.

This is perhaps the defining trait of a Turin related trap. Prepare yourself, if you didn't speed-lynch him day one the game is probably already over. Go wipe away those crocodile tears and better luck next time.

So true!!! Vote Turin.

And 5 trap points!

16. George R. R. Martin says he is hard at work on the next book. IT IS MOST DEFINITELY A TRAP. He wants to get your hopes up. He is working on it, but at the current rate of completion, it's still gonna be 6 years before we have The Winds of Winter in our hands.

I don't know what a Prat is, but it IS an anagram for Trap and Tarp... I was just being funny (and failing)

No you weren't lol. Prat is a mild derrogatory term in British English. You burned me good hehe. Inadvertently.

Ahhh, I normally pride myself on being familiar with true British terms and whatnot, I guess I missed that one! Heh

16. George R. R. Martin says he is hard at work on the next book. IT IS MOST DEFINITELY A TRAP. He wants to get your hopes up. He is working on it, but at the current rate of completion, it's still gonna be 6 years before we have The Winds of Winter in our hands.

Or Sanderson/TOR tell us a release date for aMoL

Archived