DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So question... HAS anybody seen Yoshi?

What do we think happened there? 'Cause I'm lost. Something happened to Yoshi, and nobody died. *suspicious*

Fishing

Well, a disappointing result: there was no result. We viewed Despo, as he was pinging me as he wanted to lynch me when I revealed as cop. I didn't submit the NA but my partner did. So there is little chance that my partner was role-blocked as I doubt that person knows who my partner is.

Vote: David

Is there any other explanation for the no result? I know I keep mentioning this, but maybe it has something to do with the lightning bolt and the night scene. Perhaps everyone running and panicking may be a metaphor for the fact that because it was a "stormy night" no night actions can take place. Maybe that's also why there was no nightkill. These are just speculations, btw.

Yeah they sure sound like speculations don't they? /sarcasm

You know what I think? I think your speculations are correct. I think that's what your power is and you claimed cop knowing you could mass roleblock last night and not have to give a report today.

Is there any other explanation for the no result? I know I keep mentioning this, but maybe it has something to do with the lightning bolt and the night scene. Perhaps everyone running and panicking may be a metaphor for the fact that because it was a "stormy night" no night actions can take place. Maybe that's also why there was no nightkill. These are just speculations, btw.

Except that I had a night action, and used it successfully. So I don't think the storm canceled night actions.

Could be that it doesn't effect items.

Wouldn't you think if he was fake claiming he'd have said he viewed a townie last night instead of getting a no result? Or said he was the one roleblocked instead of his partner? That would have been a much better lie, if he was trying to come up with one.

And there's still the matter of not being counterclaimed. No matter how scummy you think he was playing, or how unbelievable his reveal, unless someone counters him, there is a very real possibility he's telling the truth. My impression is he's not as experienced of a player as some of you and some of what you see as scummy behavior is lack of experience.

I'm very suspicious of Despo, Nolder and Marsh right now for pushing so hard against an un-CC'd cop.

WIFOM Song

How likely is it that I would say that we came back with no result? And don't you think I know this looks suspicious to the sceptical of you lot? No, what I'm telling you is the truth, plain and simple.

And scrambling for excuses? No, I'm giving my opinion on what may have happened, ie. I feel that I'm playing the game and contributing to the discussion. Again, I don't feel that I'm distracting anyone from the issue at hand.

Pretty likely considering you seem to be dead on with that whole thunderstorm=mass roleblock bit. Why are you so dead on? Because you did it.

actually ive been thinking along the same lines as andrew when david had an opportunity to vet himself it conveniently does not work.

Im not sure on David despite his claim

And wouldn't I want to vet myself?

And there you go again...

No actions over the night must be the bad thing that happened because of no lynch.

That wouldn't make sense

Punish the mafia because the town no lynched?

This may be the after-effect of lynching Niel.

On Night 2? Yeah right

re: Des

I'm still unsure about him

This whole thing with Rand does seem contradictory but tbh Des is a good player and I'd rather have him around until we're sure he needs to go

That said, it's not looking good for him IMO

Eh I got too distracted, sorry. I blame Jonas.

Vote Rand

He was one of the people seriously doubting multiple mason teams yesterday, and now seems to be overplaying the "I don't want to lynch an un-cc'd cop" angle a bit too heavy.

As for David, even tho I'm still somewhat skeptical about his claim, I'm starting to believe him a bit more. I know he's offbase about me, but eh I guess all of his play can just be attributed to "inexperience" even tho I hate letting newbies skate by on that kind of thing with regularity

I agree on the doubting of multiple mason teams. Rand is probably not a mason, which makes him a good place to apply pressure.

This whole thing with Rand does seem contradictory but tbh Des is a good player and I'd rather have him around until we're sure he needs to go

Nolder is really starting to ping me.

Also, not wanting to vote for a player just because he's good? More like a mason/maf partner.

FoS Des and Nolder

Vote Rand

He was one of the people seriously doubting multiple mason teams yesterday, and now seems to be overplaying the "I don't want to lynch an un-cc'd cop" angle a bit too heavy.

As for David, even tho I'm still somewhat skeptical about his claim, I'm starting to believe him a bit more. I know he's offbase about me, but eh I guess all of his play can just be attributed to "inexperience" even tho I hate letting newbies skate by on that kind of thing with regularity

I agree on the doubting of multiple mason teams. Rand is probably not a mason, which makes him a good place to apply pressure.

I thought there would be maybe 1 or 2 mason teams. Then people kept coming and then I realized that this game had more than a few mason teams. I was just saying that from past experience, which I don't have a lot of to be honest. I did not think too much of the possibility of so many mason teams. Also, why would you want to lynch an unCCed cop unless if he said something incredibly scummy. I personally do not want to take that risk, a cop is a pretty important role.

Why?

Also, not wanting to vote for a player just because he's good? More like a mason/maf partner.

FoS Des and Nolder

I don't want to vote him because I have better targets right now

Sorry, that is hilarious. OK back to the game, I think Lily is lying as well now, 2 mason teams is very unlikely. vote Lily

I thought there would be maybe 1 or 2 mason teams. Then people kept coming and then I realized that this game had more than a few mason teams. I was just saying that from past experience, which I don't have a lot of to be honest. I did not think too much of the possibility of so many mason teams. Also, why would you want to lynch an unCCed cop unless if he said something incredibly scummy. I personally do not want to take that risk, a cop is a pretty important role.

Which is it?

That explanation by Rand is crap imo. There is a big difference between one and two mason teams. His first post looks to me like he only thought there was one. Now he was saying he thought there might have been two? If he thought that, then why did he use two mason teams being unlikely as his justification to vote Lily?

Why?

FoS Des and Nolder

I don't want to vote him because I have better targets right now

That's not what you said earlier....

Ie. not unless you have no other choice. Not, there are better targets, but more of a "I don't want to vote my buddy, but I will to cover my but."

I'll work on getting the quotes for why you're pinging me, it will be a bit though (I'm about to have lunch)

• Club Leader

Vote Rand

This. Vote Rand

Official Vote Count

Darthe (1): JohnSnow

Despo (3): David, Basel, Moon,

David (1): Nolder

Rand (4): Despo, Wombat, Dice, Lily

Not Voting (13): Arez, Peace, Tiinker, Rand, Tress, Andrew, Alanna, Darthe, Lenlo, Nyanna, Turin, Ironeyes, Razen

With 22 alive and active it takes 12 to Lynch.

I had to focus on schoolwork for a while and didn't tune into the mafia, so I'm still a few pages back but this stood out there:

Did other people's actions fail? If there were many failed actions that would lend credence to the lightning bolt knocking out all powers.

This pings me because it seems like slighty fishing for people to speak up and say that their night actions failed too or something... FoS Tutu! :P

I'm speculating here but I have a thought on the No Kill tying into the No Result.

I'm wondering if the scum team has the ability to trade a NK for a mass role block of actions targeted towards them?

Hence, no night kill but no results either?

Very open to thoughts on this.

This would explain why my view worked, because I didn't target scum. But I haven't woke up this morning to see any further reports of roles not working. I'm leaning more towards the simplest explanation. David's partner was blocked, and the doc protected the right target, thus no NK.

Meantime, Des is starting to ping for me. I'm not seeing anything that Rand is pushing the un-CCed cop bit too hard, as Des puts it. And Des himself has been going after David while simultaneously going after Rand for defending an uncountered cop, which is what AJ already mentioned. (Don't you just love it when you're asleep or working, and then when catching up you see something that pings you, only to see someone else make the exact point you meant to a few posts later?) I'm willing to trust AJ on this, since I did view her as town, after all. Vote Despo.

Here's the quote of Rand's that I didn't like that seemed to be an example of Rand trying to look town by saying we shouldn't lynch David:

OK, so far, I trust David's claim as a cop since it hasn't been CCed, I am always reluctant to lynch an unCCed cop. Also, the lightning bolt was probably used because the scene, but don't know why Basel's worked and David's didn't if it was a roleblock for everyone.

The part that really bothers me is "I am always reluctant to lynch an unCCed cop". He's a newer player, yet he's writing this post as if he's an old hand at mafia and already made his mind up about this issue a long time ago. Seems like he was being coached to say something like this to help make him look more townie.

Plus there's some pretty scummy speculation by thinking the Lightning Bolt, which died like 3 phases ago or something, somehow had something to do with last night. I'm more and more believing the idea someone came up with that mafia is able to forego their NK if they want to block all NA's directed at them or something. Thing is, I don't think this would be an ability they could use a bunch of times, I would suspect it's more of the one-shot variety.

Rand's stance towards the multiple mason thing has already been covered.

Well, Basel made my point for me regarding AJ's discussion of Despo and the un cc'd cop.

Vote Despo.

On the "no lynch/no result thing, I could have sworn i saw a mod note somewhere saying "you can no lynch, but it'll be bad." of course I can't find it now.

Yeah cause YOU'RE not pinging lately

:rolleyes:

Awh thanks Nol you took the words right out of my mouth! I was just about to remind everyone how valuable I am as a scumhunter!

/kidding but not really

:tongue:

FoS Des and Nolder

I'll say this, I AM a mason, but Nol is not my partner

Vote Rand

To the bold: This is why that other post of yours bothers me. You can't play the "Sorry guys I'm new" card and ALSO play the "I don't like to do this type thing in mafia games cause I have so much experience" thing at the same time. Also, I don't think you even though there were TWO mason teams.

Just go ahead and answer flat out. Are you a mason?

To the underlined: The thing is, there WERE some incredibly scummy things about David's reveal. Several huge questions, in fact. So the peeps that are not only blindly accepting it but also pushing the "Let's not lynch an uncc'ed cop" bit worry me, as I think they might KNOW he's town so are trying to look town by defending him.

Also, I'm very happy with this train. We saw some very reactive votes on me, and a few peeps defending Rand. An alignment flip on him will tell us a LOT today

Sorry, I'm a bit late getting back to you, Nol.

Here's the pings I saw in the last ~10 pages or so

I have given very specific information about my mason team. But that is clearly not enough. Ok, the power role my mason team has is cop. We viewed kathleen, and she came up as town. So, that means Moon is Town as she has replaced Kathleen.

(I have just realised that there is always the possibilty that we viewed a godfather, but the chances of that are slim.)

So, Moon can vouch for the truth of my words.

1. Why in the world are you claiming? Kat/Moon was nowhere near being lynched. You're scum and you're cop fishing.

2. Why in the world would you investigate Kat/Moon in the first place? She wasn't suspicious at all in my book and even if she was there were much much better targets.

3. AND you're trying to act like the person you investigated can vouch for you? How would SHE even know you're telling the truth in the first place? Terrible reveal and poor attempt at cop fishing.

Unvote

Vote David

Btw, you do not lynch an uncountered cop claim.

You do when they're this scummy. You his mafpartner?

Well this was an entirely wasted day

Major FoS whoever started this No Lynch train

You could have went with the "third scummiest" player if you really believed neither dice or david should have been lynched

This is the first ping that I saw in the last ~10 pages or so. I didn't look further back than that, but I think there were a few earlier too.

You were really pushing hard for a unCC cop lynch. While David seems very scummy, I'm hesitant to lynch him until I know for sure he's scum/not a cop.

So, if anyone else has a 1-shot role check/alignment check, I ask that it's used on David.

Well, a disappointing result: there was no result. We viewed Despo, as he was pinging me as he wanted to lynch me when I revealed as cop. I didn't submit the NA but my partner did. So there is little chance that my partner was role-blocked as I doubt that person knows who my partner is.

Vote: David

Yeah they sure sound like speculations don't they? /sarcasm

You know what I think? I think your speculations are correct. I think that's what your power is and you claimed cop knowing you could mass roleblock last night and not have to give a report today.

Except that I had a night action, and used it successfully. So I don't think the storm canceled night actions.

Could be that it doesn't effect items.

Wouldn't you think if he was fake claiming he'd have said he viewed a townie last night instead of getting a no result? Or said he was the one roleblocked instead of his partner? That would have been a much better lie, if he was trying to come up with one.

And there's still the matter of not being counterclaimed. No matter how scummy you think he was playing, or how unbelievable his reveal, unless someone counters him, there is a very real possibility he's telling the truth. My impression is he's not as experienced of a player as some of you and some of what you see as scummy behavior is lack of experience.

I'm very suspicious of Despo, Nolder and Marsh right now for pushing so hard against an un-CC'd cop.

WIFOM Song

How likely is it that I would say that we came back with no result? And don't you think I know this looks suspicious to the sceptical of you lot? No, what I'm telling you is the truth, plain and simple.

And scrambling for excuses? No, I'm giving my opinion on what may have happened, ie. I feel that I'm playing the game and contributing to the discussion. Again, I don't feel that I'm distracting anyone from the issue at hand.

Pretty likely considering you seem to be dead on with that whole thunderstorm=mass roleblock bit. Why are you so dead on? Because you did it.

actually ive been thinking along the same lines as andrew when david had an opportunity to vet himself it conveniently does not work.

Im not sure on David despite his claim

And wouldn't I want to vet myself?

And there you go again...

No actions over the night must be the bad thing that happened because of no lynch.

That wouldn't make sense

Punish the mafia because the town no lynched?

This may be the after-effect of lynching Niel.

On Night 2? Yeah right

Again, pushing really hard against David. If you're maf, it's a) town killing off our cop (and doc can't block) and b) worth the sacrifice of a maf member, potentially

And this one, as I explained earlier

Archived