DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So.. If the Ajahs were Dog Breeds..

Ireond

Personally, I'm in favor of the Book Reds being Bloodhounds. Possibly the Yellows would be Saint Bernards, but I'm not sure Nyn would let us tie a barrel of whiskey around her neck.

Blue - Border collie (They shepherd peoples and the Dragon Reborn. And don't try to escape!)

c0c5248cf26d399ac7f19a458381_grande.jpg

Brown - Bloodhound (When they find scent they don't care about anything else. Scent of knowledge of course)

bloodhound-tracking.jpg

Green - Borzoi (Usually graceful and relaxed. But deadly when attack!)

a3ca08718b2f.jpg

b1ab14e90f31.jpg

Grey - Setter (They can find a common language with everybody!)

17223.jpg

Red - Doberman or Rottweiler (They watch you. Pray that you won't do anything wrong)

hema-run2.jpg

White - Akita Inu (You ask why?)

akita-inu-dog-on-white-background-thumb19369676.jpg

Yellow - Retriever (They heal.)

service_dog_playing.jpg

Warders would be Kangals

shep.jpg?w=604

Saw one of these at the zoo Father's Day weekend, and the keeper said that they're being used in Africa to save the Cheetahs. They're kept at farms because they scare cheetahs away from the farms and so the farmers won't kill the cheetahs.

My brother is planning on owning a pack of them when he grows up :P

That nose looks distinctly cat to me Mother :P

Cute?!?! CUTE?!?!!?

No--big powerful strong and with a fearsome bark that can send predators running!!!!

Adult+Kangal.jpg

"Cute" she says *mutters*

*edit because I just realized that it said "back" not "bark"..... <.<

CAN AN AES SEDAI GET RID OF THE SLEEP MONSTER FOR ME?!?!?!? I WANT TO SLEEP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, I'm bonded to a Yellow.... *Runs off*

looks like an Old English Mastiff crossed with a Lab. the markings, coloration and size have the traits found in the old english mastiff and the tail (it looks like an otter tail from the pic), facial structure and coat look like that of a lab. the body build is similar in both breeds as well

>_> what, i was a dog groomer for near 10 years, i'm pretty good at picking out what type of breeds mutts have in them *hides*

I believe the dogs are Turkish in origin, don't know much beyond that. TO WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!

They're a distinct breed and have been for a while. Looks like they have an early relation to the mastiffs as well as a few other herding dogs, but are their own breed not a mix :)

I like learning new things :P

like i said, just looking at the pictures that looks like the main breed combo they used to create the species. for comparison

Old English

ItalianMolosserShow.jpg

then lab (the canadian larger veriety)

Black+lab.jpg

see the ears and facial structure of the lab, how much it resembles the breed you posted. as well as the coat density and length.'

edit - the puppy you posted makes it look like they have a tad bit of the Great Pyrenese in them as well with that fluffier longer dense coat.

PupGus.gif

but thats a really big fluffy dog <3 pyreneses. they've got the girth of the Mastiff as well when they mature and GREAT temperments

looks like some of them have curled tails as well. wonder if their any malimute or chow in their lines as well. theres a few other breeds that have curled tails in their standards *nods*

edit - seriously though, i so wouldn't use wikipedia as a research source *shakes head*

Archived