DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would be your biggest disappointment?

Trey

i will be most disapointed if nobody important dies their final death!

I can see Lan getting it, but who else? i think we are pretty sure Rand will die and be ressurected. Mat isn't going to die (outriggers). Rand's wives probably won't die (DKSweet cover). Nyn and Egwene are possible death candidates, but I doubt it. Side characters will def die. Sorry to say, but Tam probably won't make it through.Perrin and Faile?

I just get the feeling that there is just going to be one huge wedding after the DO is defeated.

Moiraine and Tom

Siuan and Gareth

Galad and Berelain

Egwene and Gawyn

who else still needs to be wedded?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just get the feeling that there is just going to be one huge wedding after the DO is defeated.

Moiraine and Tom

Siuan and Gareth

Galad and Berelain

Egwene and Gawyn

who else still needs to be wedded?

- Furyk Karede and Selucia

- Juilin and Amathera

- Gaul and "Chiad and Bian"

- Darlin and Caraline

Appologies if this has been asked. But, what would be your biggest disappointment in AMoL if you didn't get to see or find out something?

For me it would be no Mat and Tuon reuinion.

From the book jacket cover text, it sounds like Mat is heading to Ebou Dar to see his wife, so it sounds like this reunion will definitely happen. But as someone else mentioned, it would really suck if it was butchered. Hopefully Sanderson's grasp of Mat has improved since tGS.

I'm more worried about Tuon. She went from being one of the most sensible Seanchan (though that might not be saying much) to being just as harsh as Suroth in the last two books.

If Egwene doesn't get taken down a peg or three at FoM, I'll be disappointed. If the ending is really vague and open to interpretation I will be angry. I'm not saying everything needs to be neatly wrapped up. I expect life to go on once the books end, but not something like EA did with Mass Effect 3. Twenty years of build up deserves a Tolkien-esque ending.

If Egwene doesn't get taken down a peg or three at FoM, I'll be disappointed.

Me too.

Because being enslaved, almost losing your very identity, propped up as a puppet and essentially beaten for an entire book isn't enough?

Per BS "Egwene is ready to be bad ass in the Last Battle; her character development is done."

Me too.

Because being enslaved, almost losing your very identity, propped up as a puppet and essentially beaten for an entire book isn't enough?

Per BS "Egwene is ready to be bad ass in the Last Battle; her character development is done."

I guess that my hopes of some Balthamel/Halima compulsion time-bomb should be shattered then?

Me too.

Yes, as has been discussed before, when giving an update on the progresss of the current book, Brandon's assistant gave that quote.

It does not say that her character development was already done prior to the book now being written, which is how you seem to be choosing to interpret it. If anything, the context makes it seem likely that her character undergoes considerable development IN AMoL. So the "taking down a peg" is still certainly possible, as is a Halima compulsion storyline, as is (I hope, I hope, I hope) Egwene turning.

Yes, as has been discussed before, when giving an update on the progresss of the current book, Brandon's assistant gave that quote.

It does not say that her character development was already done prior to the book now being written, which is how you seem to be choosing to interpret it. If anything, the context makes it seem likely that her character undergoes considerable development IN AMoL. So the "taking down a peg" is still certainly possible, as is a Halima compulsion storyline, as is (I hope, I hope, I hope) Egwene turning.

Brandon's assistant?

Interview: Apr, 2012

Twitter: SwanCon 2012 - PRK (Paraphrased)

Brandon Sanderson

PRK (7 APRIL 2012)

Brandon tried to get moments for every character in A Memory of Light. Egwene is ready to be bad ass in the Last Battle; her character development is done.

In addition yes you and I have discussed it and we choose to interpret differently.

I would be mad if the love between Rand and his gals wasnt tied up.........especially Aviendha, I mean TSH and FoH were so good cause because of the feelings between Rand and Avi. A few sentences and smiles are not going to be enough for me to close the book on them....... I need material!

If Demandred ends up being lame, after all the suspense. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if he's Roedran just cause everyone's been predicting that, and I want something grander.

If Cyndane is just luring Rand into a trap, I'll be a bit disappointed. Unless the trap actually works for once. But if it's a simple fix that is over within the first 100 pages, then lame. Don't waste Cyndane please. I would love to see Lanfear return to the Light and die sealing the Bore with Rand.

If, right after Tarmon Gaidon is over, the Seanchan completely invade Randland and declare it the new Seanchan Empire, and the book ends.

If the ending is just way too predictable and cliche. God that will be somewhat boring, but I expect some generic ending.

If Moiraine and Cadsuane don't get the confrontation they deserve. Cat fight!

If we don't get any scene of Elayne taking another bath. She's a dirty girl obviously.

If no one recognizes Verin's hard work

If Min, Elayne, Aviendha, and Rand don't have an awesome foursome on the top of Dragonmount

If Bela doesn't get a grand stable built in her honor by the end of the book

If we don't get any scene of Elayne taking another bath. She's a dirty girl obviously.

Lol.... It could be Elayne's bath or getting out of wet things or even getting dressed by her chamber maids!

If Bela's stable is in Tear, she'll probably have all those famed Tairan bloodstock stallions to look at. She'd probably enjoy that retirement stable.

If the Shadow gets defeated without doing a single intelligent thing I'll be pretty disapointed. Also if the Oath Rod and all that isn't addressed, or at least in the process of being addressed....

Also I'm quite concerned about a Moiraine/Cadsuane meeting--it has the potential for awesome, if done with subtlety, but knowing Brandon it's more likely going to be gratuitous and over the top, which would hugely disapoint me because I've been waiting for this meeting for years and years.

Im just worried that all of the conflict in the "last book" was used up in the first two and AMOL will be mop up. Truthfully I don't see how this could be possible with the insane # of loose ends that remain but it is my main concern.

I, to, have high hopes for the Manchurian...er, Messana-ian candidate Aes Sedai in the tower. Messana did say that many were aiding the Dark Lords cause UNKNOWING. I think (hope) there are some "gifts" that she has left, in the form of Light sided compelled Aes Sedai who will do the Dark Ones work.

If Demandred ends up being lame, after all the suspense. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if he's Roedran just cause everyone's been predicting that, and I want something grander.

If Cyndane is just luring Rand into a trap, I'll be a bit disappointed. Unless the trap actually works for once. But if it's a simple fix that is over within the first 100 pages, then lame. Don't waste Cyndane please. I would love to see Lanfear return to the Light and die sealing the Bore with Rand.

If, right after Tarmon Gaidon is over, the Seanchan completely invade Randland and declare it the new Seanchan Empire, and the book ends.

If the ending is just way too predictable and cliche. God that will be somewhat boring, but I expect some generic ending.

If Moiraine and Cadsuane don't get the confrontation they deserve. Cat fight!

If no one recognizes Verin's hard work

If Min, Elayne, Aviendha, and Rand don't have an awesome foursome on the top of Dragonmount

Too bad you cant join the bond True source, I bet youd enjoy that Orgy.

Anyone else not really digging the thought of a bonded Mat & Tuon?

I think I'd be pretty irritated to see it happen, because I like the consistancy of Tuon's character with regard to channelling.

Rar rar rar the leash is bad, it's barbaric, and she could learn to channel but she chooses not to, so it's hypocritical considering all the forces in play regarding marathdamane, and being that she's now empress...

I feel like it'd be crap & wicked cliche at this point in the story, to have the characters be put in a situation where oh golly look, somebody needs to be bonded to save their life (or whatever situation required) and lo and behold the only one who could do it is Tuon...Except as far as we know, she doesn't know the bond weave, and going from the books, she doesn't display an ability to embrace & control the source at will all on her own outside of using the a'dam.

Tuon bonding Mat would really bother me...I dunno, like on the level of BOND ALL THE THINGS! sort of dumbshit style of finishing the series.

I'm looking at you, sanderson... .. . :perrin:

Archived